Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Hi guys!

Author
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Hi guys! - Postby Skilgannon » 30 Aug 2008, 14:54

I wasn't sure where to put this, not entirely familiar with the [FGS] boards. First thing, I'm an [Et], but I was unclanned when I signed on to these boards, hence no tag. So don't try to recruit me, I'm not interested. :)

Second, I've been quite impressed by some of the maps on your Wunderland server, particularly the SG maps, and it has sparked an interest in me to do some mapping of my own. So, basically, I was wondering what files and programs I'd need for making these maps. I understand that UnrealEditor would be one of them, but I have no idea where to get the relevant stuff. :?
Please be aware however, that I have no skill in coding at all, so I can't make any new textures or anything like that, but I am more than happy to work with, and credit, anyone who will help me. :D I am particularly interested in making SG maps, mainly 'cause they are so cool. :lol: Also maps with the UT weapons.

[FGS] will get hosting rights to any maps I publish, btw, as long as I'm named as the creator, along with anyone who helps (obviously).

I look forward to replies,

~[Et]~Skilgannon

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 30 Aug 2008, 15:28

I demand royalties.

Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

- Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 30 Aug 2008, 19:18

So don't try to recruit me, I'm not interested.

Neither are we. :lol:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Aug 2008, 22:40

Download this.
http://dxfactory.freeforums.org/sticky- ... -t151.html
Do the first eight sections by yourself.
When it comes to movers, dont forget to make your first mover in a clear space.
When you have done these 8 workshops, you will speak and know the language and basics of mapping, and therefore will be "helpable".

You will need the SDK
http://dxfactory.freeforums.org/sticky- ... -t154.html
Also here are some useful pointers.
http://dxfactory.freeforums.org/beyond- ... -t149.html

There is dxms.co.uk and alpha forums, RTK mapping, and Factory forums. Also Hitman, Face and some others are seasoned mappers and have useful knowledge.

@ ALL

don't try to recruit him ;)

~
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby ~ » 30 Aug 2008, 22:47

you'll find just about anything u need here http://dxresources.deusex.ca/

Banned on Alpha for making Elemental urine again...
[FGS] warn cause they are weak and have cry babies LOL ....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Aug 2008, 23:02

We dont take credit for other ppl's maps, the author's name is embedded in the map when u add a DX level info, set the map to bmultiplayer=True and set your author name.

making SG maps- Sure if you make a map, I will look at it's potential for converting it to SG.

the UT weapons. - simply put the last/latest/final version of tnag.u in your system folder and open SDK, select the classes menu in top right, click on "load" in bottom right, load tnag.u.... now go down the classes list to inventory>deus ex > weapons... there you will see tnag is now a weapons list in your SDK. Dont forget to click on save. Add the weps as normal.

Making textures requires no coding skill at all. It requires some software, photoshop perhaps. There is a tutorial on dxms, also on factory, links above.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 30 Aug 2008, 23:28

Using UT weapons on DX maps doesn't require to edit the map, but to load the tnag replacer.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Aug 2008, 23:37

yup, sorry, loading tnag.u will allow you to add extra weapons... but if you want to limit to dts, pulse, blade, vac, shock, shotty... then sure use the replacer... but then it's an ordinary map, not an altfire map as such.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 Aug 2008, 23:54

Hammer[HK]Time! wrote:
So don't try to recruit me, I'm not interested.

Neither are we. :lol:

lol since when are you a recruiter for [FGS]?

anyway Skilgannon just remember this, don't quit... it gets really annoying in the beginning but just stick with it and you will be a great mapper... unlike me :-D

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

- Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 31 Aug 2008, 09:42

Whatev

~][FGS][Nobody: Don't SPAM. Thanks~

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 31 Aug 2008, 14:37

Thanks guys! Sunday at moment, so I'm too lazy to do anything right now, but rest assured, I'll definitely try and look tomorrow. :D See you in game (hopefully)! TTFN!

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 31 Aug 2008, 16:02

Hammer[HK]Time! wrote:~][FGS][Nobody: Don't SPAM. Thanks~

LOL @ YOU

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 31 Aug 2008, 16:26

Something else you can do, is open any DXMP default map and take a look.

An important point I did not mention is that Tack's Deus Ex Lab was written for single player. There are some things which are specific to MP maps, such as adding a DX level info and setting to MP. Movers usually are set to "ignore when encroach" , right click on a mover, choose "properties" and look under mover... although sometimes you will want to crush players, especially with elevators, which is fun and intensely satisfying. but never stop or return. If a tutorial doesn't make sense, look at an example in a default map.

If you are having trouble getting through the first 8 steps of Tack, give us a shout.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

- Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 31 Aug 2008, 16:29

My experience says that setting a mover to StopWhenEncroach becomes buggy in MP.
In MP, it still opens completely, if you stay in front of it, but you cannot pass.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 01 Sep 2008, 14:43

Hmmmm, Shadow's link takes me ultimately to fileplanet which asks me to subscribe (of course). Hitman's link however takes me somewhere free, but I need to know before I download it, is it the latest vers?

Return to Deus Ex