Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Hi guys!

Author
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby ~ » 07 Sep 2008, 03:27

Skilgannon wrote:Hitman, I've been messing about and experimenting a bit, and your SDK vers refuses to load the following .umx music tracks: Area51Bunker_Music, BatteryPark_Music, DeusExDanceMix_Music, HongKongCanal_Music, HongKongHelipad_Music, LibertyIsland_Music, NYCStreets2_Music, ParisCathedral_Music, ParisChateaux_Music and UNATCOReturn_Music. Any ideas why?

No clue it always worked for me must be your copy of DX ;-)

Banned on Alpha for making Elemental urine again...
[FGS] warn cause they are weak and have cry babies LOL ....
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 07 Sep 2008, 14:16

Nah, it's alright now, Nobody helped me fix it. It was just buried in too many folders. :roll:

* Since when were you the one in control?
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 07 Sep 2008, 17:43

Right, a few questions....

1. What MP stuff is dealt with by yourselves? i.e. Low grav, items, medbots, etc....

2. Is there any MP stuff I can add myself with the inital download of SDK? If not, what do I need to download so I can?

3. Who is willing to have me send my map (once I've done what I can) to them via e-mail, to add MP stuff (if needed)? And of course, to get it hosted on AltFire.

Bear in mind, my map will not be needing such items as lockpicks and multitools.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 08 Sep 2008, 14:06

Skilgannon wrote:Right, a few questions....

1. What MP stuff is dealt with by yourselves? i.e. Low grav, items, medbots, etc....

2. Is there any MP stuff I can add myself with the inital download of SDK? If not, what do I need to download so I can?

3. Who is willing to have me send my map (once I've done what I can) to them via e-mail, to add MP stuff (if needed)? And of course, to get it hosted on AltFire.

Bear in mind, my map will not be needing such items as lockpicks and multitools.

Stupid me, realised the answer as I was going to bed, you can ignore most of that....

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Sep 2008, 14:13

Test your map first. Then send it to us and we will test it on the server.

Low Gravity is a server setting, no need to worry about that.
However you need to make sure your map has no "bugs" due to low gravity.
A good example is the Gas Station SP map... take a look, there are places in the mountain that can not be reached by 0-aug players, or even augged players, but in low gravity those edges of the map cause players to become stuck. So make sure players can not fall out of the map, or if they do, they can get back in etc. You really have to test everything, any suspicious looking crevice or gap, to make sure the player can't get stuck. It's sometimes hard to guess what will be a problem in low gravity, so don't worry too much if your map is a beta.

Not sure what you wanted us to ignore. But if you have the right version of SDK, all classes are available already in the editor. But Medbots, ammocrates, medkits are fairly essential to a popular map.

The medbot can be set bMovable=False, Orders=None, Groundspeed=0, Physics = None. It won't move or "dance", also don't forget to set Binvincible=True or bBreakable=False etc...

Same for weps sticking to the wall, set Physics=None

Biocells should be removed from Wunderland, so I never got around to it.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 08 Sep 2008, 14:48

No need to worry about falling out the map like in A51, it's an enclosed arena style map. :D Where do I send the map to when I'm done? Oh, and ty for the medbot info, but I just nicked one from A51_Bunker! :lol:

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 08 Sep 2008, 17:46

Soz for double post, but small problem.

I'm trying to make floor slippy in one of my rooms, and although I've followed Tack's instructions, it doesn't seem to work. Any hints?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Sep 2008, 00:13

Yes.

I think I said it already in this thread. Open single player and mp maps and look at properties of things, see how they are made. Even Mantra left a map unprotected for us all to learn from . It is not a special floor texture or anything, it is the way the zone is constructed...I think, I havent checked unreal forums.

I put my money on playing with zone fluid/ground friction.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 09 Sep 2008, 03:28

Hmmm, yes I know. I've partitioned off the zone like Tack says to do, added the zone info, rebuilt geo, and set Ground Friction to 0.1, which he says should make it fairly slippy. No luck.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 09 Sep 2008, 03:33

i don't know for sure but try rebuilding again (I never got good at mapping)

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
~
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby ~ » 09 Sep 2008, 05:23

glad you got it worked out dx needs players not complainers :-D

Banned on Alpha for making Elemental urine again...
[FGS] warn cause they are weak and have cry babies LOL ....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Sep 2008, 12:27

No, look at the sreenshot...

groundfriction=1.0
fluidfriction =1.2

This is a screenshot of a slippy floor in Hong Kong. These are correct settings.

Also if that doesn't help, compare that screenshot to a default zone info and search for other changes... I didn't look through the entire zone info's properties, it might be something else in another section.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 09 Sep 2008, 13:50

Oh, didn't notice that, soz. :oops: I'll take a look at that later, RL9.0(TM) is calling. Later! :D

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 09 Sep 2008, 22:43

Not sure what happened, but it's fixed itself. :D

Right, my map is almost complete. Spawnrooms are done, textures are applied, weapons are placed, racks are built, stairs built, teleporters placed (yes, teleporters! :D), zone's are set, all that's left is to place items and spawnpoints. I will make a final playtest in my editor before sending it to you guys, but I ask again: Who do I send the map to when I finish it? Look forward to hearing you guys opinions on a noobs map! :D :lol:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Sep 2008, 00:54

I use badongo.com for filehosting, Cataclyzm recommended it and it has been good for me.

Then I post the link here:

http://gravity-world.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=15

and please also, if you can, post it here:

http://dxfactory.freeforums.org/maps-f36.html

Don't forget any sound/texture packages of course. And don't forget to add a DX level info, add your name in "author" and set bmultiplayerMap=True not False.

If you want us to look at the map, before you actually release it, then pm the badongo link or link and we'll run through it quickly in the SDK.

Return to Deus Ex