Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

desperate measures... - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Sep 2008, 19:42

SG server is empty...

despite new maps...

EDH server is the only server busy and seems to be where FGS play these days...

I might as well close the servers and spend

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

- Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 05 Sep 2008, 19:54

=/
I personally don't play on EDH cos I often lag there
This week i played on altfire 90%
i dont play on dxsg cos noone else will join - players probably dislike huge, complicated maps
dxag - people may not know this enough to dare try it out
I wouldn't completely remove DXSG but kind of mix it with BTDM maps that deja's intermediate server used to have. Maybe you could somehow revive Platoon.
You also have to know that those who play on EDH server wont give a metabolic end product about deja and all the shitstorms covering him and the server because they are not that much into dx politics. those who do care about dx stuff will join because there isnt another aug server with players.
for some reason, newbs still arrive to DXMP and usually they join EDH or RPG servers and remain there until they decide to leave dxmp completely or just join EDH or DIOS.
The vets are pretty much gone already.

sniper
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby sniper » 05 Sep 2008, 20:15

Ask Nobody to make a co-op gametype or a race type... In last 5 month, the only time I played DX, apart for testing mods and a map, was on Hasharin's server with some other people in co-op/race maps

Video

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

- Postby Skilgannon » 05 Sep 2008, 20:33

Those of us heavily into DX are a dying breed. You can guarantee that as soon as DX3 arrives, that'll be it. If it won't be Ion Storm doing something, it'll be the fact that all the noobs (and some of the vets) infected with "sequelitis" will rush off to the brand spanking shiny new DX3 servers. Now, I look forward to the next game in any series as much as the next guy, but I also like to savour the roots of the game I'm playing, whether it's Bungie's more prominent let downs (read Halo's 2 & 3), or trying to justify Ion's mistakes with DX2, I always end up going back to the original game(s). You wouldn't have your C&C Generals and C&C 3 (I forget title), if it wasn't for Dune 2. You wouldn't have Halo 3, if not for Halo. You wouldn't have your DX2 (or 3), if it wasn't for your countless RPG's, adventure games and shooters, all the way back to such greats as Doom and FFVII. It's just a shame that these people cannot really sit back and enjoy the work of art, that developers have put years of their lives into, a bit more. Think of some of the greats over the years, for me it's things like Homeworld, C&C, the four OddWorld games, Half-Life, Dungeon Keeper, Giants, Black & White, DX, Halo, and quite a few more, both last gen and older. If only Ion Storm and other developers got onboard and stayed with their older games and their aficionados. But I guess they never will, it's not "cost effective" and a hell of a lot easier for people to just give in to the "buy, buy, buy!" impulse shoved into their brains 24/7.

Soz about that, I'll get back on topic. The reason I don't play the SG server is the weps mainly. Too strong, innacurate, and all it takes is one person who's a bit better with them, and it's all over. At least with Wunderland, I can compensate with the weps I'm familiar with, and get a bette game. Plus it combines two great games: DX and UT! :D

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 05 Sep 2008, 20:33

You want players, give it to us ATDM auggers. Give us a decent server to play in and we'll fill it.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 05 Sep 2008, 22:33

if your gonna spend money on ads then myspace is a good place for them... the ads are free until someone clicks on them as far as i know, but look into it. there's millions of people on myspace so it may be a good place for some ads

and also there is no guarantee that DX3 will have a multiplayer, but if there is [FGS] and others can always be a DX3 clan as well. this game may even be revived by DX3 even if there is a multiplayer.

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

- Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 05 Sep 2008, 23:44

question is: will DXMP last for 3 more years? (until DX3 comes out)

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 05 Sep 2008, 23:59

IT WILL SURVIVE.

~
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

- Postby ~ » 06 Sep 2008, 00:40

good luck with that. with the way you treat people no one will stay.

Banned on Alpha for making Elemental urine again...
[FGS] warn cause they are weak and have cry babies LOL ....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Sep 2008, 01:03

SPAZ ROFELZ wrote:You want players, give it to us ATDM auggers. Give us a decent server to play in and we'll fill it.

1. this topic was meant to be private, somehow ended up here...apologies...

I'm not really bothered, but I wonder why a laggy server is the most popular, like GODZ all over again and I personally find btdm bypasses the whole point of augs, that you accumulate them or have limited augs when you start.

Maybe SG should just work a bit harder...

and so atdm for SG? and you dont mind the odd tactical map?

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 06 Sep 2008, 01:17

Nothing hilariously big, last thing we need is some excessively big map full of campers and moon aids.

A fast paced ATDM server, hosted on a GD will bring back memories of Gods Kitchen seeing that it was hosted on GD. You saw yourself how popular that was. If you don't want the server go to waste, reach out to those arrogant bastards who insult you for no reason. (auggers)

Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

- Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 06 Sep 2008, 03:42

God's Kitchen wasn't so much popular as it was the only choice. If you remember correctly, it thrived when there were only three servers on the list.

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

- Postby Khaamilus » 06 Sep 2008, 11:04

Maybe deathmatch server, basic or advanced and few not big maps wchich suit to the gametype.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Sep 2008, 12:11

I'm ok with that, but there might have to be some compromise, or mapvote as the new SG maps will need testing.

Khaamilus has made some good atdm maps which are not big. And I would consider sticking Sike's new map etc.

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

- Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 06 Sep 2008, 13:09

Hammer[HK]Time! wrote:God's Kitchen wasn't so much popular as it was the only choice. If you remember correctly, it thrived when there were only three servers on the list.

It was popular when there was choice also, it was just the best choice.

Return to Deus Ex