Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DX:3 E3 Trailer

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Jima B » 06 Jun 2010, 11:10

http://deusex.com/preorder.php
Just incase any of you haven't seen it yet, this trailer was released a few days ago.
It looks Awesome.
It makes this game look more and more like DX every day.

I really hope this game is not going to be metabolic end product.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 06 Jun 2010, 11:27

this sh

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Jima B » 06 Jun 2010, 12:30

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:this sh

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Majestic » 06 Jun 2010, 13:24

That is really *loving* badass, I'm convinced. I'll probably buy this game, along with perhaps a new graphics card and some additional RAM.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Jun 2010, 15:13

pffffffff had the trailer been labeled as NEW CAREBEARS GAME I would've believed it, looks unbelievably homosexual

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Jun 2010, 16:26

Eidos kindly e-mailed me to let me know there is new trailer, and guess what, it's very good...

Still , nothing is going to be more sick than Deus Ex Stargate: The Day After...

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Jima B » 07 Jun 2010, 00:20

ShadowRunner wrote:nothing is going to be more sick than Deus Ex Stargate: The Day After...

You should have seen my cat last month.

Jokes aside, I have to commend Sqare Enix on capturing the feel of the Deus Ex universe really well. As a company I completely hate, they've done a good job at marketing this.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Tidus » 07 Jun 2010, 01:31

This trailer is just amazing, i cant wait to play the game.
I hope its better than DX2.. but for now, it looks good

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby ~DJ~ » 07 Jun 2010, 09:24

You hope it's better than DX2? Don't hope metabolic end product.. hope better, hope it's better than DX1.

It's a pretty nice trailer. ASSASSIN'S CREED STYLE BLAED YEEYEYE

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 07 Jun 2010, 12:30

I don't think it will be better than DX1 but it will be lots of fun. I liked DX1 for the story and augs.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby ~DJ~ » 07 Jun 2010, 19:10

HOPE IS WHAT YOU EXPECT BETTER SO EXPECT IT BETTER FOO AND DX2 AINT BETTER SO EXPECT IT BETTA THEN DX1

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Jima B » 07 Jun 2010, 19:15

Got the latest issue of PC gamer UK mag today, it had a 6 page special on DX3. I'm looking much more forward to it.

The part that was bashed the most was the third person kills. You tap a button and it flips to third person and cinematically knocks someone out (or brutally murders them if you hold it) which is the kind of gameplay I personally hate.

Some talked up points where the third person cover system. You can still use crates to get from A to B, and (as in DX2) kill people with them by throwing. The third person cover system incorporates this, so you can carry crates around as cover now.

The levels have been talked up. The most eccentric being shanghai, which has underwent a similar process to seattle in DX2, only much sooner. There is an explanation for this process taking place, and the shanghai island (i'm not sure weather it means the whole map, or just the upper island area) is said to be as big as the liberty island map on DX1, and the review describes it as suprisingly populated, which is music to my ears.

The gunplay was talked up, and described as being good fun, despite not being the focus of the game. The stealth system was also complemented. There are some powerful augs that sound like they'll make you some sort of unstoppable machine, but the fact that two or three bullets kills you balences this.

One more point that was said to be Awesome is the conversations. You are said to be able to ask anyone in the game questions; to be able to speak to EVERYONE to some degree, more than the regular one liners we get in DX1.
Conversations with central plot charachters are said to be much more impressive, and can evolve into "verbal fights" with the player selecting from a few dialogue choices trying to convince the other participant to do something, or something of the like.

One more thing mentioned was that knocked out guards now have a disadvantage. The less than leathal aproach renders them unconscious, but other guards can come by and actually wake them up again, and get em back to combat.

If you guys have access to this article I suggest you read it right away.

Here's a thread discussing it on the Eidos forums;
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=109583

This is really starting to get me interested.

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Skilgannon » 07 Jun 2010, 20:21

Looks good, shame this machine isn't up to it. :( Oh well, gonna have to suffice with the 360 version I suppose....

* Since when were you the one in control?
Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Fear » 08 Jun 2010, 00:08

I really hope this game doesn't turn out to be a complete flop, i hope the makers did their homework..

2004-2014
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: DX:3 E3 Trailer - Postby Jima B » 08 Jun 2010, 00:41

Fear wrote:I really hope this game doesn't turn out to be a complete flop, i hope the makers did their homework..

TBH it looks like it will be a mid-point between DX1 and DX2, gameplay wise.

Return to Deus Ex