Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Poll: Server gametype

Poll: "What server?"
Tactical with 2 augs full skills
16%
Tactical with 3 augs full skills
5%
Tactical with 4 augs, skills choosing CTDM and can get full augs - like Factory server
5%
Tactical with 3 augs , skills choosing and can get full augs.
5%
Tactical with no augs but low grav
21%
Tactical with augs and low grav
16%
Tactical with normal grav but microfibral muscle.
No votes
Default with augs
16%
Screw it, lets have Wunderland 2 , just different maps.
11%
Some other suggestion, please state clearly in thread.
5%

Total votes : 19

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Poll: Server gametype - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Jul 2010, 06:25

OK let ppl argue the hell out of each other about what server, then I will completely ignore all and decide myself.

Since there is a well-run atdm, 0-aug and altfire server, it is unlikely to be identical to any of those. It is unlikely to be btdm or something very close to atdm, the nearest I think I will go is 4 augs/skills choosing.

The focus will be on SG maps, but there will be other maps too. Defaults will be available for wars etc.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Jul 2010, 06:30

I want tactical with any aug/skill setup, I don't really care as long as there are some augs and it's tactical, lol.

So I guess I wont vote cause yeah... There's too many choices for my wishes

:oops:

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby synthetic » 06 Jul 2010, 11:15

voting 3augs skill choosing (2-4k sp). Id vote 2 but there is just too much rape and not enough teamwork going on. All 2aug gametype needs is a pair of players who are used to playing together like almost always, and youre fucked.

Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby 666 » 06 Jul 2010, 11:38

Tactical with no augs but low grav + more maps if that possible :smt017

~[RTK]FEAR~ wrote:i had a go at people like 666 for ladderbugging, a perfect example of me trying to tell the guy to learn to play

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ~DJ~ » 06 Jul 2010, 12:11

screw it, have an RPG FGS SERVER

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Jul 2010, 14:37

DJ dont worry, you'll be working hard to make the mods for it :P No summer holidays for joo...
Actually there is a longstanding committment from 2007 to help Face host Facetown when it arrives.
It would be good to see Face apply for FGS, Ketchup too.

Hidden wrote:voting 3augs skill choosing (2-4k sp). Id vote 2 but there is just too much rape and not enough teamwork going on. All 2aug gametype needs is a pair of players who are used to playing together like almost always, and youre fucked.

Ok, please explain why 3 augs on start is better than 4 augs on start plz. I ran 4 before and some more experienced auggers hated it.
Is it just giving ppl too much fighting ability from the start? Speed/Bally/Ads/Regen???

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby synthetic » 06 Jul 2010, 15:54

With 2 augs you have almost nothing but guesswork if enemy team is small. Huge part lays on the teamwork, strategy and pure luck with finding the right moment, method to get your streak. All this however is what makes ATDM so special. And obviously its a default gametype. Some people are going to simply hate everything else because its not default.

With 4 augs you pretty much have everything. Still, room for some plasma, emps, might be the guy isnt using regen for some weird reason so thats a factor.. but still you pretty much have everything you might need to get all augs.

With 3 augs you are much more self-sufficient yet you still have to play it smart. I can counter your speed+bally+ads with say speed+bally+regen as you probably assume im using ADS and wont shell or gep.. and yet if I were to go with Bally+ADS+Speed id be protected.

All that crap aside 3augs just makes you a little more self-sufficient without entirely eliminating other factors. There will always be an ATDM server of some sort, anyway.

3aug+4k sp start 2 aug +2k sp per kill set up has been hosted in past, by EL I believe, and possibly before that by someone else. It is not as boring as BTDM.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ~Blade~ » 06 Jul 2010, 16:49

Anything but low grav gets my vote, and adding augs is even better.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Jul 2010, 16:46

Hidden wrote:With 2 augs you have almost nothing but guesswork if enemy team is small. Huge part lays on the teamwork, strategy and pure luck with finding the right moment, method to get your streak. All this however is what makes ATDM so special. And obviously its a default gametype. Some people are going to simply hate everything else because its not default.

With 4 augs you pretty much have everything. Still, room for some plasma, emps, might be the guy isnt using regen for some weird reason so thats a factor.. but still you pretty much have everything you might need to get all augs.

With 3 augs you are much more self-sufficient yet you still have to play it smart. I can counter your speed+bally+ads with say speed+bally+regen as you probably assume im using ADS and wont shell or gep.. and yet if I were to go with Bally+ADS+Speed id be protected.

All that crap aside 3augs just makes you a little more self-sufficient without entirely eliminating other factors. There will always be an ATDM server of some sort, anyway.

3aug+4k sp start 2 aug +2k sp per kill set up has been hosted in past, by EL I believe, and possibly before that by someone else. It is not as boring as BTDM.

Hmm i see, three augs keeps ppl guessing a bit...

I'm surprised at the number of votes for 0-aug tac with low grav, but I think it's not representative of the whole community, only this forums.

OK well progress is in hand, looks like we will have 4/5 servers more soon, and plenty of room to experiment and vary things.

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby IchoTolot » 12 Jul 2010, 18:30

1. week Tactical with Low Grav and Augs
2. week Tactical with Low Grav and without Augs

and then always change

pi/100*1337=42
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ~Blade~ » 12 Jul 2010, 19:12

Bombtag > all other gametypes.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Jul 2010, 00:13

IchoTolot wrote:1. week Tactical with Low Grav and Augs
2. week Tactical with Low Grav and without Augs

and then always change

I can host both maybe, or do this.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Jul 2010, 01:37

In my opinion.. a server that changes weekly is more successful and less expensive, that hosting 5 different servers at once. :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 15 Jul 2010, 12:51

To be honest *love* the low grav. Or atleast reduce it. Pain in the ass jumping down off ledges to get bodies

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Poll: Server gametype - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Jul 2010, 16:36

Reducing low grav means making the gravity even lower. :D

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex