Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~Blade~ » 15 Jul 2010, 16:36

Yesterday evening on that FGS & RTKM Zero Aug server, there was a guy impersonating (i.e. wearing the tag) of several clans which he is not a member of, the player at one point had the name "ZXC/THC/TKG/EDH" but also "LEARN_TO_BUG_HERE" "{edh}Hasharin" "{edh}hasharin-Recr" etc. This guy had already been banned from several servers for impersonation and spreading bug-abuse. I am sure this sort of behaviour is also not accepted on any of the FGS servers.
Later on in that evening, [FGS]Fear entered the server (who is an admin) and I asked him several times to remove the impersonater, all of which he did not reply to at all. And I am very sure he would have acted more promptly to if this guy was impersonating FGS as well.
As I didn't record a demo of the occurrence, I request admins of the server to make the server log available (from when I entered the server, which I think was in the Iceworld map) to those who ask.
My complaint is directed at the admin present at the time who should have dealt with the disrespectful impersonater but instead he just continued as if nothing was wrong. I am only bringing this to light because I strongly believe [FGS] to be a clan which promotes respectful gaming and correct admining.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Jul 2010, 16:51

I basically agree.
On all FGS serves, that were controlled by myself, there is stored a long history, where you can parse for issues.
I have no idea, how that is configured on the RTKM/FGS server.
Adding FGS to the server name doesn't automatically turns it into a proper configured FGS server.
Several things need to be adjusted yet. There need to be made compromises. On BOTH sides.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~DJ~ » 15 Jul 2010, 16:56

And you are sure that [FGS]Fear was not "afk" or the real Fear?

EDIT:

I've got info about this player, He's from Canada if anyone is interested.. that's all I know.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~Blade~ » 15 Jul 2010, 17:03

I know who the impersonater is, as I banned him from the ATDM Temp server, and indirectly banned him from the DXAG server (for impersonation and spreading bug-abuse).
And no he wasn't AFK.
Can one of the admins please post the log or something?

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 15 Jul 2010, 17:32

Don't ban jEj you fucks. Also, give me adminz

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~DJ~ » 15 Jul 2010, 18:04

JEJ IS BEING AN ASS SO WHY NOT BAN.

Tell him to chilax :$

BTW; Blade, and you're sure that he's the real Fear..? how?

Did he said anything ingame?

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 15 Jul 2010, 18:04

I think the best way to access logs is asking Jima or Whiplash, both of them visit our forum sometimes, perhaps you could try a PM, or MSN.

DJ chill, he's sure it was Fear, now drop it.

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 15 Jul 2010, 18:25

It wasn't fear, I was talking to him on msn at the time.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~DJ~ » 15 Jul 2010, 21:25

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:DJ chill, he's sure it was Fear, now drop it.

ARE YOU BALD? NO.

I AM ASKING BALD.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Mastakilla » 15 Jul 2010, 21:40

I'm sure Fear would ban if he noticed someone impersonating with the intend to harm, however changing your name to someone else's for lulz isn't bad at all.

Promoting bugs however is, but again I'm confident if Fear noticed that he would've banned.

He can't just take everyone's word for it, next time get on MSN and tell me or something.
Provided that I have you on MSN ofcourse, I'm not really sure.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Fear » 16 Jul 2010, 00:59

First of all, you're absolutely out of order to even create this topic Blade.

It was me in the server and i was enjoying a game. You were being ridiculously immature last night and were lucky i didn't remove you to be perfectly honest. (you missed that part)

I am a very respectable and fair admin, but when you act like a complete child in my server and change your name to "GAY-ADMINS" or put an [FGS] tag on your name to try and annoy me, i think to myself why should i begin to do you any sort of favour?

Because you came back to DXMP in 2009, you missed alot and you have absolutely no idea what it was like for me administrating the first RTKM server in 2007, i got nothing but serious grief and aggro from loads of people just like you for not being "laid back enough" (to quote many) as an admin. I do my best to keep any server i admin fair and anybody will tell you that, you should learn how to approach an admin in future, you did the exact same thing to Rollo in DXAG.

I actually cannot believe you made this topic, i told you last night in the game afterwards to approach me on MSN if you have a problem with somebody in the server. If i want to play and ignore whats around me for 15 mins, i think i deserve to, and you've worn a bunch of incorrect tags before which makes you a severe hypocrit.

2004-2014
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby ~Blade~ » 16 Jul 2010, 02:06

Fear wrote:1. First of all, you're absolutely out of order to even create this topic Blade.
2. It was me in the server and i was enjoying a game.
3. I am a very respectable and fair admin,
4. but when you act like a complete child in my server and change your name to "homosexual-ADMINS" or put an [FGS] tag on your name to try and annoy me,
5. Because you came back to DXMP in 2009, you missed alot and you have absolutely no idea what it was like for me administrating the first RTKM server in 2007, i got nothing but serious grief and aggro from loads of people just like you for not being "laid back enough" (to quote many) as an admin.
6. I do my best to keep any server i admin fair and anybody will tell you that, you should learn how to approach an admin in future,
7. you did the exact same thing to Rollo in DXAG.
8. I actually cannot believe you made this topic,
9. i told you last night in the game afterwards to approach me on MSN if you have a problem with somebody in the server.
10. If i want to play and ignore whats around me for 15 mins, i think i deserve to,
11. you've worn a bunch of incorrect tags before which makes you a severe hypocrit.

1. I feel that an admin of the server was acting incorrectly and that it should be brought to the attention of members of the clan which hosts that server (the server has FGS tag in it).
2. I was trying to enjoy a game also, but some idiot comes out and wears my clan tag and starts asking people to join our clan.
3. Great a "respectable and fair admin" comes along and I ask him to remove the impersonater, which he completely ignores for at least a whole round, and possibly more.
How do you expect people to react if your clan is being impersonated/ridiculed and the "respectable and fair admin" present is doing anything about it?
4. Seing that I'm not getting any response from the "respectable and fair admin" I try to get their attention by changing my name to something which might finally grab their attention, which it did. And if you would kindly post the serverlog you'll see I remove the [FGS] tag immediately because I know they wouldn't tolerate someone wearing their tag and asking people to join their clan, or would they?
5. I'm sorry your life in DXMP has been this way but I am complaining about what happened yesterday night.
6. I did try to approach an admin, but I didn't see any online at that time. So I just had to wait, and an admin did come in the server (a few maps later, after which he probably came on msn, but I was in-game so I didn't realise) so I was actually happy that someone would get rid of that guy but the "respectable and fair admin" did nothing at all, and if you'd post the log you'll see in one of the previous maps he asked someone called "ALFA" to join THC, after which ALFA added THC to the front of his name. Which the real members were less than impressed about.
7. What did I do to rollo? he's not hosting that DXAG server and Deja told me to ban people who abuse this bug because I complained to him on msn about it, which he didn't believe at first, and after finding out how to do it (I knew another player (fullmoon) was abusing this bug) Deja instructed me to ban people who abuse this.
8. Same as number 1.
9. I don't actually recall this but I did try to find an admin of which there were none online when I checked.
10. You have responsibility of your server, you try to be fair and all but you were not yesterday night, you should have changed your name so I didn't think an admin was in the server.
11. I only do that to annoy DJ (when he's in the server), cuz he calls me BALD (WTF?) and I never wear another clan's tag and call people to join that clan + teach others how to abuse bugs.

Sorry for the long reply but I do think I was right to complain, and even that guy (jEj) later on (in the other FGS server) said to me he was surprised he didn't get banned from the FGS/RTKM server & was even shocked that I nearly got banned trying to get him banned.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Mastakilla » 16 Jul 2010, 02:29

>How do you expect people to react if your clan is being impersonated/ridiculed and the "respectable and fair admin" present is doing anything about it?

Just ignore it and they'll stop, if you make a scene it's only more enjoyable and they'll continue.
Trust me, I had my days of being a male sex organ.

Sike
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby Sike » 16 Jul 2010, 15:32

Fear wrote:First of all, you're absolutely out of order to even create this topic Blade.

It was me in the server and i was enjoying a game. You were being ridiculously immature last night and were lucky i didn't remove you to be perfectly honest. (you missed that part)

I am a very respectable and fair admin, but when you act like a complete child in my server and change your name to "homosexual-ADMINS" or put an [FGS] tag on your name to try and annoy me, i think to myself why should i begin to do you any sort of favour?

Because you came back to DXMP in 2009, you missed alot and you have absolutely no idea what it was like for me administrating the first RTKM server in 2007, i got nothing but serious grief and aggro from loads of people just like you for not being "laid back enough" (to quote many) as an admin. I do my best to keep any server i admin fair and anybody will tell you that, you should learn how to approach an admin in future, you did the exact same thing to Rollo in DXAG.

I actually cannot believe you made this topic, i told you last night in the game afterwards to approach me on MSN if you have a problem with somebody in the server. If i want to play and ignore whats around me for 15 mins, i think i deserve to, and you've worn a bunch of incorrect tags before which makes you a severe hypocrit.

lol shut the *love* up

~Warned~

Valgothy wrote:Oh and for your info, ATDM is a modded gametype as well.

BTDM is the real DX.
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Bad admining on FGS Zero Aug server - Postby 666 » 16 Jul 2010, 15:49

~Blade~ wrote:"{edh}hasharin-Recr" etc. This guy had already been banned from several servers for impersonation and spreading bug-abuse.

Total agree ! was yesterday in Altfire server .
Hi tryed to use FGS tag and EDH-hasharin nicknam + lam bugs ..

~[RTK]FEAR~ wrote:i had a go at people like 666 for ladderbugging, a perfect example of me trying to tell the guy to learn to play

Return to Deus Ex