Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP Guide for Beginners

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby ~Blade~ » 15 Jan 2011, 20:23

Made a few videos which I hope some beginners will watch, to help them to learn how to play DXMP, and in particular ATDM.
Overall, I don't think the videos are as good as I was hoping they would be when I started making them. Quite a lot of things I did not get the chance to mention, and some parts which I did mention could have been presented better. Nevermind.

DXMP Beginner Guide #1. Aug Setup:
This video shows how to set up your Augmentations for MultiPlayer gaming.
You have to pick each Aug that you want to use.
The Augs that appear on the top of the list on the right, will be the Augs you start off with.
The video also shows how to configure your Player Setup (Player Name, Connection Type & Team Model).

DXMP Beginner Guide #2. Controls:
This video shows how to set up your keys for enhanced MultiPlayer gaming.
You can change the Keys you use for activating/deactivating each of your Augs from the menu screen, as shown in the video.
Remember:
F3 = Energy Shield or Combat Strength
F4 = Regeneration or Radar Transparency
F5 = EMP Shield or Environmental Resistance
F6 = Ballistic Protection or Targetting
F7 = Speed Enhancement or Power Recirculator
F8 = Vision Enhancement or Cloak
F9 = Aggressive Defense System or Spy Drone
F10 = Microfibral Muscle or Run Silent
F11 = Aqualung
Obviously, you do not need to set it the same way that I have. This is mainly showing how to set it, by giving the example of the configuration that I use.
Try to set the most important Augs (for your style) closest to your movement buttons, so they're easiest to press. Because you will be pressing them quite frequently. Once you have set them to your fancy, it will take time to get used to them so just keep practicing :)
(Note: if you pick Power Recirculator, you do not need to set a key for it since it will turn on automatically when you turn on another Aug.)

DXMP Beginner Guide #3. Basics:
This video shows basics for MultiPlayer gaming, including: HUD info, skills, weapon classes, bypassing panels, lockpicking, computer hacking.
The sounds becames all buzzy towards the end, sorry about that. :(

DXMP Beginner Guide #4. Using Augs:
This video shows generally (i'm no expert) how to utilise your Augmentations for MultiPlayer gaming.
The gametype here is BTDM (where you start with all your augs & skills on level 3), and I recommend all new players to play BTDM so you can get used to using your augs.
You should get into a habit of turning your augs on & off many times, you must never run out of bioenergy.
The gameplay shown is in slow motion, so you can more easily see what is going on. The 'press <button> to turn off Aug' message is repeated quite often actually, just to let you know that every time it says 'Speed Enhancement Activated' or 'Ballistic Protection Activated' or 'Aggressive Defense System Deactivated' etc. it means I've pressed a button on my keyboard.
Also, there's no need to point out that my aim is not good in this video, because I know that. 8-)

DXMP Beginner Guide #5. Basic Aiming:
This video gives basic tips & info on how to aim for MultiPlayer gaming.
The scenes are not really good examples and I sort of rushed making this one, but there are still some good comments which new players should consider when they're playing.
'Aiming' really is something which comes from practice, playing a bit of 0Aug is also helpful, but you must remember that augged gaming is quite different and you will have to adjust to the pace of the game if you've only played in Non-Aug servers.
Sorry about those X symbol thingies, they're a bit.. off. heh.

DXMP Beginner Guide #6. ATDM Gameplay:
This video shows general ATDM gameplay with annotations.
Was a bit lucky to get an easy first kill, because I'll say getting a streak is one of the hardest parts of the game. When you have all your augs & the main skills you need, then its much easier to survive.
Just practice and you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. But don't get down/upset if your on the receiving end of a beating, it happens to everyone from time to time. :smt023

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Jan 2011, 20:11

Awesome. I'll get this link up on FB and DXMP forums.

DxPlayer
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Brazil

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby DxPlayer » 17 Jan 2011, 16:07

I didnt like the way I was used for targeting practicing ([CDF]Eugene) :(

I was just acting u know :p

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby ~Blade~ » 17 Jan 2011, 16:30

thx shadow

lol sry dxplayer, its for a good cause :wink: (and good acting btw, fooled me :D )

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby chin.democ. » 17 Jan 2011, 17:25

DxPlayer took one for the team. :humping: :jack:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Jan 2011, 23:49

don't haz admin here, can you post it on deusexmultiplayer.freeforums.org please, so all links are retained etc.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP Beginner Videos - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 18 Jan 2011, 19:52

Stickied until further notice.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 Apr 2012, 03:39

I watched video and all I can say is wtf is that? ie in a fight you have , >< Symbols for the target from time to time!? explain?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Apr 2012, 05:52

I was like WTF HAX BLADE!!! Then I realized, he's added them to show you where to look.

These videos are awesome and the titles are easy to tell someone via infolink. It's great work Blade.

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby ~Blade~ » 07 Apr 2012, 17:28

[FGS]Chees wrote:I watched video and all I can say is wtf is that? ie in a fight you have , >< Symbols for the target from time to time!? explain?

oh yea those first few scenes are a bit crappy, like shadow said those X thingies I tried to make them so you know where to aim/look, its not a good illustration but hope it helped anyway.
I was hoping to make a more advanced one on aiming but might be awhile till i get round to it.

EDIT: lol i wrote "your" at the end of the first post, such retarded english! :(

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby Vexus » 11 Aug 2012, 05:28

Very nice guide. Well done. Just needs some advanced keybinding.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby ~Blade~ » 29 Aug 2012, 20:43

Thanks hope it helped. As for the keybinding I know its a sensitive issue for some (especially on these boards) so I choose to keep it to the simple things which can be done from the menu. From my experience, that is really all you need. You don't need all these weird/fancy medbinds & automatic stuff to be better.

Also I noticed the time at the top right, nice touch! :D

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

I really will.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby Vexus » 29 Aug 2012, 22:12

~Blade~ wrote:Also I noticed the time at the top right, nice touch! :D

What?

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby Psycho » 30 Aug 2012, 12:36

VexusPwnZj00 wrote:
~Blade~ wrote:Also I noticed the time at the top right, nice touch! :D

What?

both posted on the 28th minute.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP Guide for Beginners - Postby Vexus » 30 Aug 2012, 19:39

Lol, ok... xD

Return to Deus Ex