Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Fast action...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fast action... - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Apr 2011, 05:59

The irony in his post speaks for itself.

FGS was beyond 1337 when Icho ran it. It was one of the best clans around when Majestic and Kuch ran it and I was "spokesperson", but then for some reason when I was away, people chose to argue with the leader and both guys totally lost interest. Since then the clan has slowly lost its standards and values and it is nothing like the FGS that Ichotolot created.

In 2010 I tried to politely address these issues, but was insulted and properly humiliated for doing so.

The main aspect of this unhealthy change was the disrespect towards Majestic by members, also the control of the server was in such a way, that everything had to pass by Nobody and Nobody's approval. Since the guy was busy, this basically killed the "heart" of FGS, which since 2004/5 was the support and development of mappers and players on a nightly basis that Icho and then myself and Chinny had previously provided. Also if a member tried to point out an error, basically it was received with insult and humiliation back, members being accused of trolling or "starting metabolic end product". Instead now you rely on one person to run everything and however perfect he is, it's not a perfect system. The fact that it has taken me over a year to speak about these issues, without being insulted, is pathetic and shameful on those people's part. I don't agree with the way the servers are run, or the way you carry on in public these days, or your behaviour towards each other.

Out of respect to Icho, Majestic and Kuchcik I feel forced to leave. I've tried hard to get along with these other people, but you've turned FGS into something which I would rather not be associated with. I'm tired of watching you insult people and act in a self-serving way rather than a FGS way. FGS was always different from other clans, and the reason it was the only clan to survive the decade.

You and others still don't understand what made FGS different.
Imagine I ran a server and I hosted your maptest instead of the finished map, you'd been asking me for literally years to remove the maptest... why should I even have to explain my anger at this level of incompetence and disrespect. How could you dare to suggest I am mental? This is just one example of the bs in the server administration that makes me not trust my own clan. I've never heard of a server that "removes" maps from the maplist when it crashes. Strangely it always only removes my SG maps. I'm not *loving* stupid.
I'll find somewhere I can work without obstruction and where FGS values can be maintained and where I can trust people. If it is not a trust issue, then I really think Nobody has to admit he is unfit to run FGS server.

Don't act all surprised, I've been polite for YEARS, now it's time to be heard.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Fast action... - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 03 Apr 2011, 10:51

Humm.. this is an unending story, it seems.

I could dig up the old debate about the betrayed clan leaders again,
which would include my point of view about the actual clan leaders
and it would include those members of FGS that never really welcomed me in FGS.

However, for the sake of peace, I will just answer to your last sentences..

ShadowRunner wrote: I've never heard of a server that "removes" maps from the maplist when it crashes. Strangely it always only removes my SG maps. I'm not *loving* stupid.
I'll find somewhere I can work without obstruction and where FGS values can be maintained and where I can trust people. If it is not a trust issue, then I really think Nobody has to admit he is unfit to run FGS server.

Yes, that sounds like conspiracy but I can just repeat what I experienced on the server, configuration wise.
I know I did remove that maptest map. Then you suddenly talked about it again, which made me to check for it again and it was back there.
According to running the server itself...
I agree. I'm unfit to run the server, but not on a technical base but on a base of misinformation and lack of time.
I didn't want to give access to any member because then the risk of suddenly disappearing or reappearing maps and changed settings would have raised.
That's why I gave you ftp access, so there exists at least more transparency for your eyes.
However, although you were fit for deciding about the content to be hosted (more than I am), you obviously weren't fit on the technical base. :?
Mind this is no insult just what I experienced when I gave you access.
I wrote you a long PM where, I tried to explain you all existing relevant folders and all oddities that need to be minded when changing stuff on the server, but the result was that this was all too confusing for you. :?

ShadowRunner wrote:Don't act all surprised, I've been polite for YEARS, now it's time to be heard.

Ehh.. obviously it was time to be heard whenever you became impolite and that is not YEARS ago.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Fast action... - Postby Kuchcik » 03 Apr 2011, 11:09

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:and it would include those members of FGS that never really welcomed me in FGS.

so he is joining... wrote:Sent: Thu 03 Jul, 2008 11:38
To: Kuchcik
[FGS]Nobody!

FGS wins so hard... well done all...

Hope you don't mind me quoting a 3-year-old private message, Shadow.

@all
I could write you up a long text about the entire situation and the shit-throwing that is happening lately, and what I'd suggest to do about it, but it wouldn't really change anything, would it? You are always going to have your inner hate towards other people that you don't even actually know, and their representation in your head is the text typed by them and read by you.

It's all about solving the metabolic end product between the DJ-Nobody-Shadow trio. And we can go from there.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Fast action... - Postby Mastakilla » 03 Apr 2011, 13:46

ShadowRunner wrote:Since my priveleges have been revoked, I can not post in the thread. So I post here. Considering ex-members such as Ken access the private forums and considering I was a member for about 5/6 years, I find it rather strange that my priveleges were revoked so quickly, however I shouldn't say this because an Admin will see that comment as personal attack, not a comment.

All I really want to say... who should I trust are the experts...

two young guys from FGS say it is not a good idea.

A massive $40 million budgeted operation called Eidos Montreal say it is a good idea.

Who to believe? Who to trust?

Personally, I think providing 1 million? players of DXHR with some form of MP function in the HR world AND at the same time, brings them to DXMP servers, is a bloody good idea.

If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.
Untill then please just stick to the project you're a part of, I heard you have a crazy deadline.

I really like you Rollo but if you have already made your mind up about the people you're arguing with then let it go... There's nothing to gain for anyone in this. Let's show some mutual respect and drop all the sarcasm and name calling and blame and move on.
Please?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fast action... - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Apr 2011, 14:06

I really like you too Masta, your return injected some levity to a dead atmosphere.

Name-calling. Well haha, that's one of the reasons I am leaving. And that's another thing I DEFINITELY did not start here.

Masta, I don't seriously expect that this mod will bring 1000 people and how the hell would we measure that anyway.
I do however look at the figures for Invisible War in 2004.

The release of a second title, did bring a lot of players, it was less than a thousand of course. Distinguish between "bringing players" and "causing people to connect to MP". DXHR/DX3 is obviously going to do both of those things. As a 42 year old marketing expert, I can tell you now, it would be immensely stupid for the community not to make a mod like DXMPHR to maximize the numbers of people connecting.

So I would say thousands will connect, hundreds will become players. No single project or person in this community should be arrogant and claim the credit for that, although obviously DXMPHR mod is an excuse to generate MASSIVE PR about DXMP.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fast action... - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Apr 2011, 15:52

for the second time Masta, there's no deadline, but obviously exclusivity on assets would be impossible if there are question marks regarding the likelyhood of finishing in August.

those members of FGS that never really welcomed me in FGS

Oh boy. Considering FGS private section contains a million posts by me suggesting we recruit you, that's possibly paranoia.
You just came at a moment where FGS wasn't prepared to to be accused of anything further. The fact you had been misinformed by your previous clan was not our fault. I don't think anyone at all was unhappy, but some people were nervous and that was more to do with the fact that you were misinformed.

UnevenPavement
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Fast action... - Postby UnevenPavement » 03 Apr 2011, 22:59

Your DXHR is a good idea. Keeping an anonymous identity of community / project relation (i.e. "Marder") was also a good idea. Once your identity was revealed, the strength of your proposal was weakened. Once you involved your opinion subjectively many lost interest. Once you involved your loyalties for FGS, an irrelevancy of internet relationships which for the sake of the project should be kept professional is what could potentially make the DXHR just another failed idea for DX.

Really, the drama is needless. The first 5 posts on [A] forums as Marder were very captivating, but when FGS was personalized and involved the conviction to anyone [outside or inside] the clan was marred. There should be an unaffected motivation and utmost effort when the impertinent musings of how a forum or server admins should operate are ignored should remain. All else meaningless drivel should be redacted.

It's tiresome how so many great ideas have gone awry because of unimportant clan politics that make outsiders to the community (especially Eidos Montreal) to consider these "fans" an ineffectual group of easily distracted individuals, more quickly caught up in the efforts of promoting themselves, or their clans then giving the game and its sequel the overhaul.

I hope DXHR takes off, and I hope it doesn't fail and the sequel's delays were not made for nothing. If so, DXHR's anticipation among fans and gamers will have been worn down and interests dulled for nothing more than same bickering and focus on unimportant "clan politics" that killed DX in the first place.

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Fast action... - Postby James » 03 Apr 2011, 23:47

(Sorry Alex but hopefully this will not cause silliness)

Hello Uneven ([DK]?), I didn't know you browse DXALPHA forums.

Rollo never kept his identity secret at least to me. I recall telling him I don't care about that because the idea behind DXMP:HR is a good one. Although I agree with personal relationships with Rollo being the cause of other users disliking the idea I would leave clans out of the mixture entirely because to be honest it is a poor observation. Also some of the stuff shown was pivotal to early opinions, e.g; the wallpapers were funny for how dreadful they are.

It is quite annoying that Rollo thinks I dislike the modification and framing that I'm cyber-bullying him. Something that I explained prior to him posting was not the case and that the Wikipedia entry was incorrect to article standards and 'ugly'.

I hope DXHR takes off too. The videogame definitely plays enough like the original/a 'Deus Ex' for me. Just hoping on a believable story (DX1 imho had a lil bit of generic plot but the way it was weaved through the various mediums of the game and delivered is what made it special) and good memorable conversations.

Code: Select all
D A D D Y  C O O L
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Fast action... - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Apr 2011, 00:47

I didnt think you were against the mod and I don't recall saying so, your title suggests your beef was with me. I appreciate unknown Mr Pavement taking the time to write an eloquent post. I'm not sure how I involved FGS in replying to James, but will re-read and thank you.

James - what is totally bananas about your tirade is this... http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117346
You have far bigger fish to fry my friend. Also I really think just cos you see mention of my mod, doesn't mean I touched your words.

So basically someone has just agreed with my THC post. That people in DXMP are too busy personalizing issues rather than studying how processes could be improved. It doesn't matter if you want to murder me, ppl would be a fool not to showcase their talent via the DXMPHR mod. Every member of the editing community could contribute one thing, however small to the mod and it would make a huge difference. If you look on Wiki, EM, Steam, Moddb, FGS, Alpha, I don't just talk about my own interests and project, I am promoting the community as a whole. How many ppl do that in DXMP?????? My invitation to Alpha was genuine. Anyone who wants more players should do something, if only to annoy journalists soon or games forums.

Ideally every editing community member could contribute at least one thing to the mod. I'm good with ideas but barely have time to implement stuff, so the community should be more pro-active in seizing the opportunity to bring players and showcase their work to the industry perhaps. With that in mind I might totally open up the private forums. If not, I will re-add DJ. Most likely we'll go public. It went private just to make sure there wasn't another group competing using the same idea. That clearly isn't the case.

Personally I think everyone is exaggerating what it is like to work with me or exaggerating tensions which actually don't exist.
I'm perfectly capable of a conversation and so are they. The community has grown up and has either forgotten or doesn't care about the past. Noodz and DJ may have a biased opinion, but then that's clan bs, not community issues.

James, credit yourself for DXMPHR mod. I spent 6 years reading your forums, reading about your projects and efforts, the issues regarding the community. My idea was born out of this totally. I and others are just stupified that once we handed this to you guys on a plate with bells on, we were shunned for no reason other than I pissed a few people off in the past. I expected someone more capable than me to take this project over and use it for themselves, their own work and the community.

It's 2011 and pretty much our last chance. Let's not *love* it up. What say you? The only serious issue we have is a lack of wep/aug animators who can tell our animators the parameters and how to import into DX, to save their time.

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Fast action... - Postby James » 04 Apr 2011, 08:33

Wikia websites have different standards for each Wiki unlike Wikipedia which keeps standards for articles and articles about subjects. It is irrelevant.

Code: Select all
D A D D Y  C O O L

Return to Deus Ex