Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXHR poll

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

DXHR poll - Postby James » 26 Apr 2011, 18:41

TheUnbeholden wrote:http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117542

Deus Ex community is going to need you on this! If you'd like to help, you can spread the word on Deus Ex sites to rise the community from its slumber and bring them to the thread.

Not sure if this will be fruitful, but the EM staff do listen to us. x

Even if it isn't provided on release an SDK at some point is great for anyone.

Code: Select all
D A D D Y  C O O L
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXHR poll - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Apr 2011, 21:18

OP has been on forums since Nov 2009, he should be aware of the other threads about SDK.

I kind of agree with Jerion on this one. Nice sentiment, but omg another SDK thread. Compare other Crystal D games. Bear in mind DXHR has not been released. IW is the current franchise latest release. There's no guarantee we will see SDK and there's more to sell and more story to fill in between 2027 and 2052 before we see an SDK I think.

What has definitely not been ruled out for release or soon after was DLC for mission building. I'm not saying there will be either.

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXHR poll - Postby James » 28 Apr 2011, 21:10

Ahahahaha, DLC map editor, that will be a sight to see on forums.

D A D D Y  C O O L
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXHR poll - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Apr 2011, 12:10

Haven't played much Xbox and think I only used mission builder once or twice ever. Just isn't the same as SDK and playing with a game's assets.

I did make a couple of posts in the thread though.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXHR poll - Postby chin.democ. » 29 Apr 2011, 13:03

I wonder how the Unreal Ed ranks among other SDK's for ease of use?

James
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: DXHR poll - Postby James » 29 Apr 2011, 13:26

chin.democ. wrote:I wonder how the Unreal Ed ranks among other SDK's for ease of use?

Well UnrealED isn't the whole SDK is it?

Answering it being a level editor, it's one of the easiest. Valve's Hammer is notoriously bad/frustrating.

D A D D Y  C O O L
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXHR poll - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Apr 2011, 20:44

I gave on HL's editor after 5 mins. Not that impossible, just looked very tedious.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: DXHR poll - Postby Kuchcik » 29 Apr 2011, 22:30

It's not bad, it's just a different way of mapping. I find q3radiant way easier and faster to work with, but it took me a while to get used to it after using UEd for a long time.

The main difference is that in Hammer/Radiant you add to the void to make rooms (for example), and in UEd you substract from the "big black block" to make a room. Once you settle your mind around that and start thinking a little differently, it gets easier. The UI in Radiant, for example, is cluttered with a lot of buttons and shortcuts, but most of them aren't used often - basic stuff is done with the mouse by dragging vertexes and Space for brush duplication. It's similar in Hammer, I think, haven't done anything there as I'm not much of a Valve games fan.

Also it's easier to customize map effects/environments with the use of shaders, obviously, those aren't available in Unreal Engine 1.

Easiest FPS level editor would probably be the one in CryEngine2, in other words, Crysis and it's sandbox. Easy terrain generation along with building using pre-made meshes.

Return to Deus Ex