Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Application form

Author
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Application form - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 29 Jul 2011, 09:52

The map itself is quite simple but my yet trained eye tells me that it's technically in a good shape and that's important and being valued. :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Application form - Postby Magus » 29 Jul 2011, 09:57

Now, this might not be my place to comment as I'm no longer in [FGS], but I must admit I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by what I'm seeing here.

A few questions about it:

1. What exactly is inside the maze to make it worth defending so heavily? Two turrets on such a small area is a lot to place...
2. Further, what is the purpose of the room highlighted in the 3rd and 4th screens? It seems fairly empty aside from the medbot...
3. Why is the skybox so bright compared to the rest of the map?
4. In the underwater shot, where does the light come from? (I'm a sucker for visible light sources, lol)
5. Why is there so little cover for players to advance on the enemy and keep the map from just being a sniperfest from one side to another?

Oh, and... *smiles at Nobody* :)

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Application form - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Jul 2011, 13:01

I was quite pleased to see a ZXC map with lighting, although yes, the sky appears to be "unlit" and looks out of place as a result.

Bean
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Application form - Postby Bean » 29 Jul 2011, 21:09

Ho guys,

Long time, long time! It's great to see FGS is still up and running, since my brother Fisk/GOBEY0ND has started playing DX in the last year or so, he's encouraged me to hop on every so often. So it does me good to still see ALT SERVER up and running well!

I can vouch for my brother here, he's a good guy, interested in expanding his experience in mapping and he's a great player. For what it's worth, he has my vote :)

Wish I could play DX as much as I used to, but I am busy with life and work! You'll see me around every so often. Say hi!

-Bean

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Application form - Postby chin.democ. » 29 Jul 2011, 21:25

Hey Bean, great to see you posting here!

Fisk
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Application form - Postby Fisk » 31 Jul 2011, 19:51

I have fixed the sky, tried to blend with the color of the map as best as i could. the maze use to hold the admin room entrance, but i thought if you were admin you would be able to no clip to the actual room, i got rid of the turrets. :D i still have to fix the sky zone background a bit
Attachments
deusex-20110731-134120.png
deusex-20110731-134108.png
deusex-20110731-134105.png
Fixed the sky

Return to Deus Ex