No votes

Total votes : 13

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby chin.democ. » 16 Feb 2012, 12:06

Spawns can be a tricky one, if you house them away they can be bottlenecks for opposition to wait and snipe the oncoming oblivious prey. Then there are the small room spawns where opposition target the spawn doors (DXMP_8Red and DXMP_Smuggles come to mind). Open spawns allow for fast gameplay, imagine DXMP_Iceworld with non open spawns it wouldn't appeal to people half as much I believe.

If having internal closed off spawns it is best to have more than one exit out I believe, there's room for all types of spawns really depending on what the mapper is trying to achieve, I try to place spawns to open up all areas of a map so there's not one place that goes untrodden on, more than one height level is always a nice effect to have rather than just one single flat surface.

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Alessi » 16 Feb 2012, 13:27

ShadowRunner wrote:Actually I like Bound and Snow too, I just prefer the maps where total noobs can get one over a skilled player.

Depends what you classify a "noob" as being. 8-)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Feb 2012, 14:33

maybe I meant newb. Apologies.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Majster » 05 Mar 2012, 22:13

I add poll, so let's vote! I hope Chinny will respect voice of people. ;)

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby chin.democ. » 05 Mar 2012, 23:07

I don't see it as an issue, people just play the game and have fun, as I aim to add more maps on the server in future, I think eight minutes is the perfect time. Even as it stands it will take 1 hour and 36 minutes to play at every map and I'm also looking to put anther map on today and yet another very soon.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Majster » 05 Mar 2012, 23:25

chin.democ. wrote:I don't see it as an issue, people just play the game and have fun, as I aim to add more maps on the server in future, I think eight minutes is the perfect time.

I think 15 minutes is more fun and it's pefect time - four matches on hour, it's good. 8-) Anyway, need is more time on the server, because matches too fast finish.

chin.democ. wrote:Even as it stands it will take 1 hour and 36 minutes to play at every map

I don't see point of this.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 Mar 2012, 23:32

15 minutes are pretty long.. especially on 0augs.. then I usually stay in the corner and wait until the game is over or i'll just ruin my score.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Mastakilla » 05 Mar 2012, 23:49

12 is the best, 15 is too long

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Mar 2012, 12:30

Some maps are more intense than others and suit shorter times, whereas some with turrets, vents, things to do... are not suited at all, to using a short time. You're talking about:

7.5 maps per hour,
5 maps per hour,
4 maps per hour,
or 3 maps per hour.

As long as the server hosts a variety of maps from Bound and Snow to larger maps like Office and Stalkyard, there won't be a perfect time and people will be always pressuring about one kind of map or another. Maybe the Smuggler crusade is perhaps justified, it's something familiar for a beginner, but Bound and Snow do the job of Iceworld, with added wep racks, so I don't see the need for Iceworld personally.

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Majestic » 06 Mar 2012, 15:32

Mastakilla wrote:12 is the best, 15 is too long

I agree.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 06 Mar 2012, 17:53

Is that possible to use different minutes for every maps? e.g. more time for the bigger maps, and less time for the smaller maps

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Mar 2012, 18:12

It's possible to make it possible.
It would require a separate configuration for each map. though.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 06 Mar 2012, 21:46

What's the point in being awesome if you can't anihilate an entire enemy team multiple times before dying.

Best time for 0 augs server is 0.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby chin.democ. » 06 Mar 2012, 23:29

I think I'll put the limit to 10 minutes per map, the reason I don't want to go high is because I want to keep the map rotation system and not have a mapvote system. Now because there is not mapvote there will always be a map that someone doesn't like (everyone has different tastes, one man's meat is another's poison etc) so I don't want people leaving the server if a map appears that they personally don't like, with shorter game times the player can simply bare the eight-ten minutes and not have 15 minutes or so to wait which will seem a long time.

I want to keep the map rotation as I believe DXMP became so stale with Smuggler and Iceworld heavily featuring in voting systems in other servers, I want this server to be something new and for me it has to have a map rotation to achieve that, and in my opinion in order to have a successful server with map rotation the game time has to be pretty low.

You could make a case for taking out the smaller maps in favour of the bigger ones and then putting game time to 12-15 mins which is fine, however DXMP numbers are quite low and so there is a need for the smaller maps as big maps with 3-6 players tend to drag on. So a mix of small/medium/large maps is a good thing.

What would interest me more than having set time amounts for a map would be having two map rotations based on the number of people in a server.
So with <6 players you could have a small to medium map rotation, and 6> could initiate a medium to large map rotation.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Time on 0 augs server - Postby Mastakilla » 06 Mar 2012, 23:44

10 is good aswell, 8 was just tooooo short

Return to Deus Ex