Coming back to the fold

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 18:42

Hi everyone

I used to play DXMP for a number of years as FaTaLiSgOd and Kitt and was in AoS, .:SoF:., [Z] and [RTK] and I was wondering if any of the regulars were still around? I can remember all the names - Fear, 502_RAT, Sike, Shadowrunner, Sasquatch, Mastakilla, Chin Democ, Raiden, Magus...I could go on. I miss playing on DXMP because nothing beats it, especially 0 augs. Does anyone still play?

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Alessi » 19 Feb 2012, 18:45

Kitt wrote:Hi everyone

I used to play DXMP for a number of years as FaTaLiSgOd and Kitt and was in AoS, .:SoF:., [Z] and [RTK] and I was wondering if any of the regulars were still around? I can remember all the names - Fear, 502_RAT, Sike, Shadowrunner, Sasquatch, Mastakilla, Chin Democ, Raiden, Magus...I could go on. I miss playing on DXMP because nothing beats it, especially 0 augs. Does anyone still play?

You're in luck! I don't remember you because I'm still pretty new but yes, surprisingly people DO still play. From the mentioned names many still do.

Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 18:49

Hi Alessi

I used to play from about 1-2 years after the game came out and was a regular but I stopped playing 3-4 years ago as I didn't really have time and moved completely to console gaming but I'm looking at returning and playing every so often. Playing Iceworld with a full lobby was always so much fun along with the crazy GODZ maps and Magical Sniper Rifle! :D

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Feb 2012, 18:50

Apart from Raidèn, Magus and 502_RAT (Not sure about 502_RAT) we all pretty much still play

Magus shows his face on these boards every now and then

Raidèn has become too cool for DX, still talk to him on FB though :-D

SUP!

Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 18:55

Raiden was pretty awesome at DXMP, Magus was alright - we didn't get on at first but then we had a bit of respect for each other and 502_RAT seemed to be annoyingly good but extremely arrogant and abusive. Sup Mastakilla, I remember playing many games with ya :) is Shadowrunner still pumping out loads of cool maps?

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Majster » 19 Feb 2012, 19:03

Kitt wrote:Playing Iceworld with a full lobby was always so much fun along with the crazy GODZ maps and Magical Sniper Rifle! :D

Hi man.
I own my server with GODZ maps with and one-hit-kill sniper rifle*. :D Sometimes I host it for every veterans of GODZ server. ;)

*now I haven't this sniper rifle, but I asked for help people for this. I hope I will have this shiper rilfe in the near future.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 19 Feb 2012, 19:08

Hey there, I remember the name Kitt but not much more, anyway, welcome back, I hope you'll be a regular again!

Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 19:10

Ah Majster another name I recognise! :) I'm just trying to get hold of a better graphics card at the moment because my current PC has sucky Intel integrated graphics which will be crap for DX. As soon as I get one I'll be back on! :)

Hey Sasquatch, we had a fair few good battles too! Yeah I wasn't a big name but people might remember just the name. I look forward to playing with you again!

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Fear » 19 Feb 2012, 20:47

Hey Kitt hows it goin mate, the good ol' [RTK] days eh, yep most of us still around, shaking off the rust and all that ha

Good to see you back

2004-2014
Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 21:23

Yeah man those were good old days haha. It's amazing how people still play this game 12 years since it came out, it just goes to show how good it is. I bet I'm going to be crap when I play again for the first time. We had some epic games, used to headshot people blind but now I'll be lucky to hit them in the chest. It's good to be back, what are the maps like these days? Are the classics still around? Do you remember [GODZ]_Horizon? That was a classic.

Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 21:25

Jesus this brings it all back :bwahaha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZl64bzabw

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Feb 2012, 21:26

That map is still hosted on a couple of servers...

Howdy!

It's basically only Raiden. 502_RAT aka {DWK}_Jeff and Homer... he plays pretty regular at the moment.
Magus is studying computer games at Uni and runs the forums for a DX3 Multiplayer project.
Welcome back...

Kitt
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Kitt » 19 Feb 2012, 21:32

That map was bloody awesome, people would literally snipe each other from the craziest of angles, the skill involved was tremendous. Wow a DX3 Multiplayer project is quite an undertaking, Human Revolution is pretty great but nothing beats the original. Is Chin Democ still around? We used to get on pretty well when we in .:SoF:. Do any of you know who [Z]AdultSwim was because the whole time I was in the [Z] clan I never actually knew who he was lol

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 19 Feb 2012, 22:07

Hi Kitt!
I'm a new player like Alessi, and I saw that AdultSwim some months ago, he was very mysterious

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Coming back to the fold - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Feb 2012, 22:12

Kiri is mad you didn't mention her :)

Return to Deus Ex