Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Undead Revolution

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Sep 2012, 12:09

Sorry to double post, doesn't look good when you are applying, but Cozmo, does the mission editor thing I downloaded from the Alpha topic, is it possible to change the names of the factions from LP and RA to something else? I think if it's possible to do this, Paris is pretty much sorted, excepted for missions. Maybe like having Silhouette and MJ12 and French cops.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 27 Sep 2012, 16:13

The MPConvo version from A forums is just broken source code from my noobier days, before I realised I could fix it. I'll look into making it possible to create factions, shouldn't be too hard I think. It should be possible even if I don't include it by default though, just by triggering a custom actor through the convo to add the player to a faction or something.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Oct 2012, 17:51

I was thinking a sign outside, about 160 high on legs, about 96 wide, with Costa, HMV, LIDL and all the shop logos, the sign is damaged, one panel is flickering perhaps.
http://www.signcraft.co.uk/retail-parks ... e-signage/

I started fiddling with the textures you gave me. The pcx from DX1 are tiny, 128 pixels in size. I've added no weathering or shadows to the text, but words, text or freehand is new for me on 128 pixels. If I change size/res on original is that better? will that not blur when 128 pixels again?
I have about 4 tutorials to read/follow, 2 photoshop and 2 texturing ones, so bear with me :D

I'm thinking, incidentally I should upload my photorealistic textures for everyone.
It's about 140 mb, but it is a useful thing.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/52o7wrb ... listic.rar

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Mastakilla » 11 Oct 2012, 18:17

They look nice apart from the text one, doesn't look like blood at all to me :oops: That and the text is way too neat to be written in blood. Unless it's not blood. :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Oct 2012, 17:44

yep I didn't carry on giving it any 3d effects like the others, I need to draw the words and somehow do the 3D effects with one or two pixels...

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 07 Dec 2012, 03:07

Textures look good Shadow keep it up.
13th time I have done this roof now in many way's for the mall, cylinders in UED are utter crap so will make it my way this time and THE last time hopefully. The way cylinders fit to grid ....well they don't hence the problems even Vertex editing on them is a %10 chance of success Chees is now swearing allot! either way the project in all is moving along swiftly and everyday is a step closer to Cozmo's awesome mod release next year :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Dec 2012, 15:26

What I noticed in the last test from the previous, is that the art direction, particularly with the lighting working with the textures, is really coming together and pushing forwards. The entire mall is riddled with scary little dark corners and damage now. I really like the gameplay of being able to hide up inside the roof and also get on top outside and watch.

Apart from playing Hengsha over Xmas, there will be lots of free time for me to forge ahead with this.

Whiplash
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Whiplash » 08 Dec 2012, 20:21

If you find it useful, feel free to pinch elements from my Railways map: I got shops, an abandoned cottage, a railway station, train tracks and a few other things on there.

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 08 Dec 2012, 20:59

Sounds good. We were thinking of having a slow train / tram thing going around the city, would be good for transport, and good as a target. Red Dead style combat on those will hopefully ensue.

Recoded all the zombie attacking stuff today - previously they had to stop running and stand still to attack the player ... now they can only attack the player while running ](*,) it breaks sometimes too. Maybe I'll settle for brief standing still attacks, and tiny bits of damage if you bump into them?

Edit: Holy crap I think I fixed them, nvm

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 08 Dec 2012, 23:26

Haha Cozmo, Cant wait for a preview test on the work so far.

Haven't mapped for a week now as the roof is annoying me, will get back on it next week I hope. We should do a test in the new year with the whole lot together and make sure we are on the right track with everything?

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 08 Dec 2012, 23:57

Maybe we should remove the roof for now and make it the very last bit of the project :bwahaha:

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 09 Dec 2012, 00:12

I've only ever made it the way people have said is the way to do thinga..This time I'll do it my way I think and hopefully will be ok without stupid BSP at one end of the roof. Tell ya what it's the last frigging time I'm making this dam roof :bwahaha:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Dec 2012, 01:32

I can see a possible reason for trouble.

The map is super-polished with details in one area and seemingly empty outside. Either Tack or beyondunreal states that detail should build evenly over a map during the construction.

If you think about it, you've detailed the shops inside the mall, but even there are no buildings outside. Probably working outside for a while will make the map easier to handle.

I map in this order now...

1. ALL initial subtracts first.
2. build up all semis and solids evenly as possible.
3. BEFORE any bug, make all movers. If there is a bug with making movers inside huge map, then make a separate map and paste in the special brushes that are causing trouble.
4. FINAL thing, remove any water, re-add it.

I use too many semis, so my bugs usually are bsp or water or non-solid world etc...

I think there is no right way or wrong, making special brushes at the beginning or end of mapping, but in your case the map detail is concentrated in one area at the moment, so maybe Cozmo's suggestion is best.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 09 Dec 2012, 03:02

Noted!

Should be ok from now on and tbh I'm surprised the only problems I have had is with the roof! the rest of the map is basic stuff even in the detail work saying that trying to give the atmospheric feel with everything is tricky stuff! Either way it's going strong.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Jan 2013, 20:11

sized for import, but are jpgs or pngs etc, not indexed colour or flattened. some are unfinished, the gunfire one especially.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by ShadowRunner on 02 Jan 2013, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Deus Ex