Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Undead Revolution

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 16 Jun 2014, 16:42

I'm shaking in my boots here Cozmo. You for real giving up???
I f*£^&$# hope not! I will still finish my mapping side of things if another coder wants to take over. But will be pished the hell off if you quit now.

PS THIS IS WHY I HAVE MY WORK BACKED UP ON 3 SEPARATE LAPTOPS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Jun 2014, 19:13

To be practical and honest, although I only saw one of the maps, I doubted that both maps were going to merge easily. To look on the positive, at least there is still Chees' shopping mall map, which is great.

I don't know what has been lost in terms of code, I hope you can salvage something. Maybe this evolves from RPG to more of a gametype fight mod thingy.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 16 Jun 2014, 23:11

I apologise for the shitposting, I was in a crap mood yesterday remembering how many hours I wasted making freaking zombie skins (along with the personal stuff lost a few days before...)

What was lost: Skins(!) and some mapping. Not much code was lost, because I keep it uncompiled on Google Docs so I can work on it on my phone, or at college or whatever. Honestly, the base code for this mod has been complete for a long time already - the only issue is the map (and previously skins, but forget that; we'll just settle for a bit less variety with zombies...) because it takes me ages to do, and never merges cleanly.

Chees: I can continue coding this on my laptop, but we might have to settle for a smaller map unless more mappers can contribute. I'll PM you all the code I currently have as a show of good faith, seeing as I spazzed out a bit here. Just organising it atm before sending

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby atrey65789 » 18 Jun 2014, 15:53

Cool sounds good man!

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 21 Jun 2014, 18:44

If I'm honest my 2 parts of the map I can see eat up 65,000 poly count when done. up to you if ya wanna use them or not.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 26 Aug 2014, 00:10

Made some good progress on this project over the past 2 days with secrets for players to find with info and a better chance of survival if figured out. Some unexpected surprises along the way for players to keep them on there feet and busy in almost pitch black. NPC's will give info on theses but not much. It's for the player to explore and have fun.

30k poly count so far on this part of the map + 25k on the mall.

Also Cozmo where are you and are you still in on this project???

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby anax » 26 Aug 2014, 01:33

it's become easier as of the last month or so to devide time between mapping and playing.

Uni destroyed me so after it finished (a year ago) i reverted to a lazy zombie state and just played DX all day XD!
I'm getting a grip on things and coming back to shape. i'm making music, digital art, making more effort to learn things, like succesfully setting up Ubuntu linux on a virtual machine, my friend who's a producer is helping me set up a website too.

So the long and short of that is i've been flexing my mapping muscles again in addition to those things, and UnrealED is currently a healthy beast.
So if you want i am 100% up for sharing the mapping load, just point me in the right direction, fire instructions my way.

i found a plugin to use within Paint.NET to save glorious .PCX files without any color loss.
Plus i use GIMP 2.8 which has a seamless texture function, so custom textures are a breeze now.

Email. invisiblemovement21@gmail.com

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 26 Aug 2014, 14:32

Cheers Anax I will call on you soon. I want to get this part of the map set out to my liking before I start tweaking things on it. Thats where you will come in and we can work on what we have in front of us then, textures, music, coding, NPC's, story lines, data cubes, newspapers and so on. Hopefully Cozmo will show his face soon and we can all work a plan of action out :-D

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby anax » 26 Aug 2014, 22:11

Awesome :-D currently i am still somewhat a night-owl and don't have skype open for long periods of time. But i'll make sure to check often.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 26 Aug 2014, 22:28

It might be a while though so don't sit there expecting a call next week mate or anything.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby anax » 26 Aug 2014, 23:02

oh yeah lmao, usually IRL when i hear the word soon i tend to think "tomorrow" :bwahaha:
Sure thing, i'll keep an ear out.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 27 Aug 2014, 01:30

Lol I do bro :bwahaha: I'm so dam impatient next year means now! :-D meh will holla @ you soon bro \:D/

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 05 Sep 2014, 00:42

The Gamespy issue kind of screwed with this mod. There's nobody left in the current game to play this (looking back, I doubt most would have even give it a chance) and naturally getting new players is literally impossible, which is largely what this mod was purposed for. Don't get me wrong; I am 100% willing to complete the code for this if it gets mapped, but I'm not sure it's worth a mapper's time anymore

basically: I'm in no position to map this, but I'm willing to do everything else for mappers if they'd like to build some city. I can't recommend it though

Edit: Btw sorry Chees for being offline for so long without a word, my IRL situation is terrible

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Hey » 05 Sep 2014, 10:48

We might be able to get players with these kinds of mods, theres a load of people on the Deus Ex subreddit, I was just on it reading this topic - http://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/2f66qr/do_people_still_make_dx1_mods/. I think we hopefully will be able to get players once the mod is finished if its posted on this subreddit.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Sep 2014, 11:58

we could finish this mod anyways and then it's done with.
We could make it into an SP mod to install so it doesn't rely on DXMP and servers in order to play it. and in the long run release updates and new missions to add on to the SP version to keep it interesting and fix issues and alternative story line options for players to choose from changing the initial outcome of what happens within the game play.
Just a thought.

Return to Deus Ex