Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Undead Revolution

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 11 Sep 2012, 14:09

atrey65789 wrote:For this project I have been busy making inventory stuff.. ( That's all I am doing).. I got Chainsaw, Metal Pipe, Sucker Punch, Brass Knuckles, 12 gauge single-shot shotgun, Hand Axe, Flamethrower, Cheese (healing), Cheese Roll, and making adrenaline now....

How am I doing so far? Do I get a cookie?

Have 20 cookies! But yeah, that sounds awesome. How will adrenaline work? I'm guessing a speed / melee damage boost? Can't wait to place some of these weapons around the map.

At the moment I've got a food superclass that adds energy (energy bar is now hunger bar, seeing as we can't have an augmented apocalypse) as well as restores quite a bit of health to the player, I'll add the food you've made when you're ready. Maybe we could make hungry players move a little slower? Obesity is not possible like it was in Cozmo_RPG too, so munch away.

\:D/

In other news, we might need someone to un-break the map so far, me and Chees are having some problems merging our work, I think some of my actors won't delete properly.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 15:19

Merged the to maps together did a rebuild looked at log ...Warning: Import Text: Bad Termination.
Went to test play level and it's just black and unable to do anything! o i get deus ex levelinfo missing unable to bind conversations. There is a levelinfo actor in the map so I'm stuck as what to do atm :-?

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 15:58

Ok it seems to be the lights thats are messing things up! 517 in total #-o

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby anax » 11 Sep 2012, 16:09

you could probably fix it, especially big lights in outside areas by reducing the number of lights and increasing the range of existing ones whilst also slightly reducing their collective brightnesses.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 16:15

got rid of 79 lights and it's all fine now and up for testing \:D/

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 11 Sep 2012, 16:46

[FGS]Chees wrote:got rid of 79 lights and it's all fine now and up for testing \:D/

\:D/

Almost 500 of those lights are mine, sorry Chees :bwahaha: I'll try to improve my lighting techniques I promise

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby chin.democ. » 11 Sep 2012, 16:46

I'm guessing there was 2 level info in the map that were conflicting when you pasted them together? I'm on msn all day today hit me up if you need!

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 11 Sep 2012, 23:25

After 4 hours of tweaking both our maps together and a quick test tonight with several others this should turn into an epic RPG :-D
No BSP and FPS problems so far considering the size of the map it's self is a good start :o
Zombies look good as well so hats off to ya Cozmo :)
one word...EPIC :-D

chto
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby chto » 11 Sep 2012, 23:26

!!! -- IM A BARBIE DOLL AND IM TALKING RUUUUBBISH, ANYPLACE ANYWHERE ANYTIME! -- !!!

You are being watched Image
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 12 Sep 2012, 00:11

You know how you get bio from corpses? And how this mod uses bio as hunger? Turns out I've accidentally introduced cannibalism to the mod. :-D

Chees's work added some much needed life to the map, it's looking really good atm. I have tomorrow off so I'll press on with stuff. Next I think I'll make the zombies a lot more formidable and create incendiary grenades.

Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Mastakilla » 12 Sep 2012, 00:16

Cozmo wrote:You know how you get bio from corpses? And how this mod uses bio as hunger? Turns out I've accidentally introduced cannibalism to the mod. :-D

Now to change the sound when frobbing a body to a munching sound!

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 12 Sep 2012, 00:52

Didn't notice that Cozmo :-D nice touch :D
I will get back to mapping and watching Resident Evil films and such asap! this mall/shopping center will be twice may be 4x as big as it is now ! so i think when 65'0000 node limit is reached between both maps models will be a must. like Chinny stated in a different post about RPG maps. Nice slim models but models nether the less :wink:

Edit: Cozmo can you give the zombies sounds? ie running out of breath sound and grunting when chasing a player and yelling and crunch biting sound' flesh torn off body sound when they attack a player? if you can will give them an epic thumbs up to the zombies (and you) and surrender just to hear them doing just so [-o< !

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby atrey65789 » 12 Sep 2012, 03:25

So I am finishing each weapon one by one... I will send you guys each weapon as they finish...

Here is how My classes work:

Password Protected so no one uses with out permission.

I can send you guys the password... Enter it in the default properties.. You should find it.

There will be more details when I send it.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Sep 2012, 06:47

Chees, not being funny, but if you get to the 65k limit without critical error, I will be impressed.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby anax » 12 Sep 2012, 08:58

if you staart fleshing out empty portions of the map with models just remember they're probably going to look and feel too different from the brush geometry. You could always close off un used portions of the map somehow, walls, gates, security fences, etc you can try. Using models mostly surrounding existing buildings should help a lot to create the feel of a real city.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Deus Ex