Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Undead Revolution

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 26 Apr 2014, 23:00

Got some work done on the towers today Cozmo. Just letting you know I'm still doing stuff when I can. It shouldn't be to long before it's done on this part of the map ready for testing. Indoor stuff, lighting and then add detail and atmosphere it all that's left now.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 03 May 2014, 12:38

One of 3 towers lighting done. Solar generator on roof with a secured switch that turns on each light after a 2 second pause. When you do the missions script thing and data cubes/info for players we need something in there with codes and info on how to turn them on as it will be pitch black on all 3 towers. I'm not going to make it easy for players to get to them all and turn lights on and may need two players to actually simultaneously active some generators with only a 30 second window to do so between each switch....and so on :-D Either way a zombie will be chomping @ there face in pitch black with nothing but a flashlight while they try to figure out how to do all this :-D

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 03 May 2014, 15:51

Awesome stuff, I was actually coding generators/electricity system recently, chose a good time for it :o I'll hop back on this once I get some assignments out the way

Edit: I found no way to enforce a brightness setting, but iirc some test values showed that zone lighting at 4 brightness was minimum to see on full brightness, might be useful if you want certain rooms to be truly pitch black

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 03 May 2014, 20:07

What i did 4 lighting is just trigger lights with triggers and dispatchers tbh so nothing over complicated and tone down the light on each one and set them to light up one after the other. Yeah i was wondering if it would be to dark for players as they have different computers and monitors.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 May 2014, 13:39

If I use zone brightness of 8, then e.g. Poor loves it, but Chinny (laptop) will say it's too dark. There is no light setting which pleases everyone. Even at 8, you can just about see everything and my conclusion is to use as little zone as possible. It's so much easier without zone light, to create varied areas of lighting, corners of shadows, while main passages can be much brighter.

I would also test in OGL because it can be quite different.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 05 May 2014, 19:20

Apart of that.. a too high zone light level can cause GPFs if you have luck.. and complete gamefreeze if you don't

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 May 2014, 21:23

I had problems when hosting mine and cozmos maps when combined together a while back as to many lights in one place was causing a total crash. deleted 60 odd of them and only then was stable enough to host or even test play. Saying that everything was just whacked in a big subtract so obviously that didn't help. When all parts are together and done how we want I don't think there will be to much problems with lighting but the poly count and fitting so much into an engine that is so old will no doubt be challenging. Lots of testing will need to be done on each part separately then add each part and test to avoid major confusion as it progresses. Having free run mapping and making it up as I go along is great fun and no one is rushing things...it's ready when it's ready which is great :-D

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby chin.democ. » 06 May 2014, 13:34

I normally play on 5 or 6 brightness, makes DX's lighting look very sexy.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 06 May 2014, 14:52

Chinny makes the lighting look as sexy as the profile pic he has :-D \:D/ I'll match you in this area with my scary profile pic for the zombie atmosphere :-D You gonna shake when walking around in this map :-$

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 15 May 2014, 00:03

For everyone's info and off topic. Apart from weekends I will be away for a month of training for a new job. I doubt I will have time to do anything apart from view the forum once in a while. Just a heads up. A new better life is in order and gaming/mapping is always fourth....1st family, 2nd job, 3rd is a fine woman! :-D will holla @ you nutters soon \:D/

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 May 2014, 02:21

Chees you're a great mapper, loved DX_Studios... had a little play around on it, it's absorbing and immersive... where else can you play the drums in DX. These no-admin RPGs take some time, but it's really worth it.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby [FGS]Chees » 15 May 2014, 17:30

Nice to hear Shadow thanks :-D

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby Cozmo » 15 Jun 2014, 18:43

Hard drive corrupted; I'm done ](*,)

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 15 Jun 2014, 21:31

WHAT? NO!
THE    R E A L    COZMO IS NEVER DONE! :-({|=

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Undead Revolution - Postby atrey65789 » 16 Jun 2014, 00:02

Oh s h i t man, That's f u c k i n g sucks big time... Don't give up bud, Try Partition Wizard, gpart, testdisk, and Hiren's Boot CD, one of those should work (If the partition table is corrupted).

Return to Deus Ex