Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP_Pool's bug

Author
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby DaniSaggenza » 20 Dec 2012, 23:28

Hi people, im doing this topic coz a bug in Pool that people in DX is using like a Wallhack...

The bug consist in that u can see into the walls, maybe a fail of a texture or other thing, but is very annoying..

Ofc, i found it with my low settings, idk if can be that, maybe yes, but with high settings i cant see it, well, now, photos of the bug:

1- Image

2- Image

If u cant see the photos, u can see in this links:

1-http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/shot0231a.png/
2-http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/shot0255.png/

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Dec 2012, 23:40

Never seen graphics that low in all my years of Deus Ex, then again I know there are a number of people who go to the nth degree for some performance. It looks like a simple texture problem.

Edit: currently working on a fixed version, with some other small changes, thanks for posting this Dani.

Edit: DXMP_Pool_v2_beta1 is finished and will be hosted on the ~[FGS] Zero Augs~ server to test for any bugs and to ofcourse see if the new texture fix has worked on not.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby Poor » 21 Dec 2012, 19:52

So that is what the game looks like to shadownick...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby chin.democ. » 21 Dec 2012, 20:42

Yeah I was thinking of Shadownick when I saw those shots! 8-[

Alessi
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
Malta

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby Alessi » 21 Dec 2012, 22:06

Yeah I was getting it too, but only on THC 0-augs...never happened on FGS

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby Fear » 30 Dec 2012, 02:55

Extremely low graphic settings, makes perfect sense though..

2004-2014
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Dec 2012, 14:08

I dont' feel I am in a real place, because when I jump on a lounger and on the wall, I basically am hitting my head on the skybox fake backdrop. Bullets and stuff need somewhere to go too. The walls and sky could do with sorting.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby anax » 28 Jan 2013, 08:01

ShadowRunner wrote:I dont' feel I am in a real place, because when I jump on a lounger and on the wall, I basically am hitting my head on the skybox fake backdrop. Bullets and stuff need somewhere to go too. The walls and sky could do with sorting.

This.

a second souped up version couldn't go amiss, it's a very decent alternative to iceWorld as a small map but with a bit of work it could be even better.
The quality in map creation and gameplay that exists in MiniDust is a fantastic example to work off from. imo.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Jan 2013, 00:43

The wallhack is fine, what is CS without a bit of wallhack.

but the bullets need somewhere to go in the sky (and possibly emp removed or people will jump into the sky).

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby Khaamilus » 18 Feb 2013, 21:27

I played at tihs map just few seconds ago and its still have this wallhack bug but maybe beacause of this low settings that I use.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby Fear » 10 Mar 2013, 20:14

I felt like somebody i played against yesterday could see through the walls, infact i was more than sure of it, i remember accidentally discovering it when i minimized the game and then tabbed back, i dont get the bug anymore myself but im pretty certain some people are

2004-2014
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby synthetic » 13 Nov 2013, 16:43

Doing semi-revamp because I discussed this issue with the thread creator and he pointed me here.

Dani uses nofiltering debug option, thats why his textures look like that. Here you can see that even fairly decent graphics settings produce the very same issue.

I use these settings for all maps, and ~50% of time it happens on Pool_v2 and on no other map. I've once managed to fix it by restarting the game. /flush did not have any impact, neither did reinitializing renderer through alt+enter (ogl to software to ogl).

As of today Pool_v2 is removed from Hivemind map list. This is a new (past week) problem for me, and because of that it stayed as long as it did.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Nov 2013, 21:46

I never knew the problem still existed so thanks to bringing this to my attention, this has come about through some miss-communication. I have uploaded an updated version here, if you would be kind enough Ken to test this version on your server I would be very grateful. If the problem still persists I can try another texture, once the problem is solved I will make a v3 of DXMP_Pool with some alterations to make it a true v3 rather then a fixed v2.
Attachments
DXMP_Pool_textest.zip
(195.66 KiB) Downloaded 598 times

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby synthetic » 14 Nov 2013, 09:39

I've uploaded it and we'll test it for a period. Since I do not know when or why the bug happens for me I'll also rely on Dani's feedback with this.

I've also finally gotten around to upload Peak and delete the betas. I am quite interested in trying that map out in classic game, should provide some wacky fun (or lot of splats).

edit: I gave it a quick test but cannot say anything about the fix, as I was unable to bug up Pool_v2 for comparison. Either I have to wait for the bug to happen, or I can try and test rendering settings until the bug hits me. Hopefully other members who have the bug more often can confirm it sooner, other than that it's just down to waiting and testing.

On additional note, it was shown that it is possible to see through even smuggler walls to some extent, but it is quite uncomfortable and your team will see the odd behaviour. Still not quite as extreme as finding that you can see through entire map once you've entered the server, but concerning enough.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Pool's bug - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Nov 2013, 22:08

Okay Cheers, I'm fairly certain it should be okay, I'll blog the Pool_v3 updates if anyone's interested.

Return to Deus Ex