Nationality:
Japan

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby ShadowRunner » 23 Feb 2013, 17:50

edit / dp

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby synthetic » 24 Feb 2013, 05:47

Mastakilla wrote:You're now trying to defend or excuse strange behaviour after being so passionate about fair play? :oops:

So eager to search for contradictions instead of interpreting the message as it was meant in the context. Or short answer: no.

THC Mario wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:You're now trying to defend or excuse strange behaviour after being so passionate about fair play? :oops:

It's different now. It's his clan we're talking about :-$

Yes, it is different. All of the bugs you'd so happily jump to in THC are shunned in my clan. We do not try to compensate high ping with dodgy features, or abuse bugs simply because we can -- something that you do, I should know well enough after 2 years as a THC member. We do not encourage cranking FPS as high as possible as HK private forums encouraged before engaging a clan war, or tolerate public botting, something A!B had no problem with.

So yes, it is different now. It's my clan we're talking about, and it has my stamp of fair play on it.

The feedback from key FGS members active in competitive scene or coding has made me thoroughly regret ever posting anything here, but in the interest of those members who would appreciate the match I am not going to cancel it yet either.
The community is at this point inhabited by toddlers, and I've stood up to build a bubble around me that can survive pretending things are as in any normal online game. Sometimes such harmless albeit questionable decisions can lead to positive results. It is likely that all traces of intelligence in this game died with the passing of [DEA] clan 10 years ago, which in some ways is quite ironic.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Cozmo » 24 Feb 2013, 10:55

Tbh I'd happily delete all the non-war stuff in this topic if I was a mod. Even with the weird drama that somehow cropped up here, on our end we honestly just want some games!

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Mastakilla » 24 Feb 2013, 13:52

Dude, I was just messing lol

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Majster » 24 Feb 2013, 16:53

Cozmo wrote:Tbh I'd happily delete all the non-war stuff in this topic if I was a mod. Even with the weird drama that somehow cropped up here, on our end we honestly just want some games!

You are right.

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby synthetic » 26 Feb 2013, 08:11

I am seriously pissed off about the cheating accusations addressed to me or kiki by some players. Kiki is one of the few players in my clan that has put as much effort into sorting out all known client-side bugs KNOWN to us or to the community. If after disabling ALL known issues Unreal 1 engine based games (or even later) suffer on newer hardware you still insist on calling him (or me, for that matter) a cheater, then the issue must either lie with you, or we all take responsibility for not knowing enough about the issue.

I can fully assure you that nobody in dxmp besides us, likely not even your own clan, attempts to sort out fire rate issues individually for every member. I have to say it has been extremely stressful for me personally since capping FPS is easy and doesn't harm the player, but disabling variety of cpu throttling settings in bios is a last desperate measure and will cost the player real money.

I would just have all my members use Kentie's launcher that fixes cpu throttling by using some other timing method, but since he states that it "may not work on all computers" and makes no indication of WHAT he actually bases his new timing on, I am not too fond of that. It is, however, FAR easier than googling 10 different processors and trying to instruct members to disable that metabolic end product. I've more than once seen mentions of the old games simply not being worth the effort, in dxmp community and in UT community.

And the icing on the cake is that nobody else -- particularly the clanless, anarchist clanners (inactive or dead clans), clueless clanners (most others) -- will bother, and will just continue shooting faster. Oh joy.

It leads both to unfair game play, as well as unfair treatment. Those who have no issues with their fire rate will be called cheaters due to prevalent paranoia and suspicions, and I am certain that I myself have called plenty fair players out on their fire rates all the same.

As things stand right now, EVERYBODY cheat unless proven otherwise. Not vice versa. Only democracy in dxmp right now is to ignore cpu-speed related acceleration and cap FPS to values appreciated by the peers. Fixing fire rates completely is unnecessary if your peers don't.

Best part is that I can beat any dxmp 0auger regardless of any speedhack they use, even if I play on vsync. Kiki was the only exception because when he was influenced by his mentior Phantom, he managed to actually play even better with high fps, making my efforts on small maps largely fruitless.
I say this to illustrate how it is not me that has an issue, it is an issue we all have (or at least until your enemy caps fps 10 frames higher, sinking you and your double-standards).

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby ShadowRunner » 26 Feb 2013, 23:25

You can take my apology, but all I've done is say fairly and squarely that red flags popped up, it wasn't any accusation.
When I change my pc/monitor and get vysync off, I'm sure everyone will accuse me of sudden improvement too.
Bear in mind, if you have that level of improvement, of course people are going to at least say SOMETHING. I'm assuming Kiki has bought some hardware recently, because it IS like playing a totally different person.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Psycho » 27 Feb 2013, 00:53

Playing a different person? I got back in May 2011, and he was a very very good 0 augger then, like he is now :-D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby synthetic » 27 Feb 2013, 08:23

Kiki has been playing at this level for roughly 2 years, and I mean at this level. I "blamed" his experience in other shooters (UrT, etc) back then, and I do it now. :alc: Average DXMP player is so poorly skilled that any other shooter will train you into a better player fast.
He as a humble player no doubt would disagree, but he took the many metabolic end product Phantom taught him and actually played 2x better than Phantom easily. I was quite shocked when I saw that. Kiki was the first player I've so far seen in dxmp who was able to combine skill and speedhack, where Phantom just relies on his cheats and has long abandoned skill.

Today I can have utmost trust in Kiki's abilities and intent to play well without using any advantages. However, he -- like me -- can be rather vocal about the fire rates of other players, for that very reason.
Both Politra and Fear use Kentie's launcher, which is supposed to fix the cpu throttling issue for the game. How many of FGS have done as much, I don't know.

Competitive gaming as such can only exist in private, passworded servers, right now. Even then, it takes lot of preparations.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby anax » 27 Feb 2013, 10:19

this is probably already mentioned, but it looks a lot like if a war is to ever be clean (or for one to even be arranged) in DXMP in the near future that both sides will have to make use of the proper updates and fixes - the kentie launcher, etc to play a fair match.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby synthetic » 27 Feb 2013, 16:25

Absolutely, and trust some drama to surface even after that step is taken.

Client-side fixes are not an option in competitive matches -- unless enforced by the server --, but are never the less an important fix for gaming between friends. I am extremely sceptical about Kentie's launcher (and not without a reason, stated on authors own page) but it is without a doubt better than nothing.

I keep saying though that we need something better than disabling power saving from the depths of bios configurations. Such a fix will suit fine for the few fanatics, but will kill the community faster than anything so far.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Mastakilla » 27 Feb 2013, 23:16

synthetic wrote:Absolutely, and trust some drama to surface even after that step is taken.

I trust you're confident about the maturity of the players on your side, so is this a shot at us? lol

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby synthetic » 28 Feb 2013, 01:22

This was not aimed at anyone specific, but was meant to just illustrate the typical aftermath of a dxmp clanwar.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Mar 2013, 00:20

anax wrote:this is probably already mentioned, but it looks a lot like if a war is to ever be clean (or for one to even be arranged) in DXMP in the near future that both sides will have to make use of the proper updates and fixes - the kentie launcher, etc to play a fair match.

So how is it proved that fixes are working on each player, is there info from the logs?

Living 30 miles from server, I do see some players have different weapon performances and on a few players, my ping makes no difference. I can kill Ken and Dan and Phant sometimes when I put effort into it and I can see how my ping works, but against some players it doesn't make sense at all and it is "ridiculous" as Chinny was trying to say about someone.

On those occasions when you saw them first, fired first and your clip is practically empty, but they're still alive and turn to kill the two guys firing at him before their clips are finished, then yes, without drama, I call many metabolic end product and trollage, if people are going to attribute that to pure skill. At least there is some exceptional hardware, ini or internet going on.

I think the problem is that some ppl view console commands like bindkey etc are cheating. So how do you solve the problem of beginners having default ini's and pros and experienced players having edited inis, in some cases massively edited. At which point do you call it hax or unfair?

With hardware and internet thrown into the mix, I'm not sure how to solve these issues. So what is the point at all of talking about finding beginners, if all you are going to do is just totally abuse them with "advantage". Same with Augs.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Clan war challenge - Postby Fear » 08 Mar 2013, 04:00

I have nothing against FGS one slight bit, and i honestly only found out Hivemind challenged [FGS] about a day after.

I left FGS as 2012 was officially the worst year of my life mentally and emotionally, i developed a mild depression which had been slowly creeping in for years according to my doctor, aswell as mild anxiety. I had planned to literally sell my computer (which i did eventually), and stop all online gaming as a result.

Then there were my issues within the clan, the main one being Khaam openly admitting to cheating with a "if they do it, *love* it, i will" attitude, and it also seeming very blatent in-game aswell, i still don't think i'm wrong about that. I didn't like the lack of in-game activity on a competitive level, it felt as-if people only said they'd play when i got fed up and wanted to leave, i have not seen 80% of the FGS roster even touch a public Deus Ex server since i joined in 2009, at least it felt that way.

I have no problems with FGS as a group of people, i will hold my time in this clan just as dear to me as my years in RTK, i loved being in FGS for all sorts of reasons, everybody i spoke to i got on with so well, and given the fact i was the only member to not map or mod which in a way i actually felt in a privileged position almost, because you could take a clone of me, give them a different identity and they would NEVER get into this clan lets be fair, *love* knows how i did.

I most certainly didn't leave FGS with the intention of joining Hivemind, if my short term memory isn't failing me i'm sure Hivemind was created after i left, i was done with everyone and everything, and i will be honest, the ONLY reason i'm still in DXMP is because an opportunity arose in something brand new, co-lead by a guy i had always failed to be on the same side as (Ken).

That metabolic end product had been the case since my 2 failed REN applications, which hurt because i felt i could at the time beat every single one of them bar Ken (a true test of mind every time i played him, he was the one player that bought out every single frustrating mistake i could ever make in a fight, it was all a mental thing which aliasing helped me overcome lol, and since i learned most of what i know from watching and facing Ken during his peak periods (aswell as arguing the hell with him) i guess it was always something i wouldn't pass up on if presented (being in the same clan) (no homo). Ken actually approached me about it, if he'd have approached me a week or so later i'd have had no computer, and no intension of reinstalling deus ex on the spare one i had.

Anybody notice me high off my face every damn time i was on Deus the last good portion of a year? and always needing to announce it like an idiot? yea... now you know why i battered my brain, i'm just glad i had slight sense to go no worse than a class B.

2004-2014

Return to Deus Ex