Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant)

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Jun 2013, 16:52

Ken wrote:Without competition, original game is dead.

bullcrap, without teamwork and community spirit, the game is dead. :D

Nobody removed anything in particular from original game.

bullcrap, we're are talking about maps, turrets, lams, weps, spawnrooms, tooling, Unreal lighting system, practically everything has been removed from 0-aug at certain times.

by completely ignoring the playerbase *anywhere* or using not a little bit of common sense you managed to dig this hole for yourself, all by yourself.

Bullcrap, Prodigy and Mainman's Landernau are good maps, very popular. It's competition between hosters and mappers that causes good work to disappear. Again, three or four 0-aug players hell-bent on rifling and max scores does not constitute an entire community.

Ken, you seem to think your opinion is that of everyone else, that because you state the status quo, it must be true, the whole point of my post was the fact that I'm saying you can not see wood from trees, if you are so correct then why is your server empty as well. These problems go beyond scores, fps and cheating, but fundamentally what is a fun game.

By removing lams, bigger maps, spawnrooms and all the things that were included in DXMP originally, the game is being killed, because the fun and opportunity for beginners has been killed. You can't argue with this fact.

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby atrey65789 » 17 Jun 2013, 17:08

Ken, I notice that about everytime you say something, Shad seems to throw back facts at you... maybe you should stop.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Magus » 17 Jun 2013, 20:48

ShadowRunner wrote:
Ken wrote:Nobody removed anything in particular from original game.

bullcrap, we're are talking about maps, turrets, lams, weps, spawnrooms, tooling, Unreal lighting system, practically everything has been removed from 0-aug at certain times.

The crux of Ken's wording there is that 0-aug was not an 'original' game type, which is correct - it was an afterthought at best, which was widely adopted due to its relative simplicity in comparison to ATDM and BTDM.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Psycho » 17 Jun 2013, 21:45

atrey65789 wrote:Ken, I notice that about everytime you say something, Shad seems to throw back facts at you... maybe you should stop.

Haven't seen a single fact in todays post by shadow, just an opinion.

UnevenPavement
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby UnevenPavement » 18 Jun 2013, 13:15

Shadow perhaps did fail when in the crucial position to promote a better DXMP fell short.
But the die hard fanboy pontificating and finger pointing along with overblown ambitious half hearted attempts at reshaping the elements of the game that, regardless of originality or background, should be considered as much a pliable field for improvement and creative reimagining.

Linear multiplayer rpg maps with short lived novelty and shallow playworth (in immersion or replay value).

An active collaberation.
A critical anlysis of all our work. It's not your best, not yet.

Sike
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Sike » 19 Jun 2013, 00:57

Hello, everyone!

It's been years since I played and took part in this community actively. I've tried to make a comeback to the game a couple of times, previously about a year ago but I never actually succeeded at it. I think the main reason for this is that the game just isn't interesting anymore. It used to be very interesting with all the good players and community. The game was simple to set up and play but these days it's just so hard to get it working right with modern computers. There's too much trouble with looking around the internet for a proper renderer and limiting your fps. The game runs either too fast, too slow or just feels choppy and unplayable. Once you are done setting up the game to run atleast somewhat "almost properly" you start encountering problems with other players in the servers. People keep abusing all the fps bugs etc and you never know whether they might be using something else. Back in my time the public opinion about cheating was that there was no-one doing it. Sometimes people would accuse eachother and I remember that I was also accused many times. I don't remember anyone ever admitting cheating or that there was enough evidence against anyone to prove that they were cheating (correct me if I'm wrong). These days it's just way too obvious when someone is doing it and they even admit it, which I think is very shameful. For me the competive side of the game was the most fun, but now that even the so called serious players are abusing bugs and cheating, it doesn't interest me anymore.

If you want old players to come back and get new people interested in the game, do something to stop all those in engine bugs like fps etc. The game is good the way it is. You don't need any of those fancy new maps and mods when the game isn't even playable without doing tons of adjustments to it to make it actually playable. New players are not going to bother looking around the internet for solutions to anything when they realize that the game is nothing but a mess around playground.

Valgothy wrote:Oh and for your info, ATDM is a modded gametype as well.

BTDM is the real DX.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jun 2013, 16:09

UnevenPavement wrote:Shadow perhaps did fail when in the crucial position to promote a better DXMP fell short.
But the die hard fanboy pontificating and finger pointing along with overblown ambitious half hearted attempts at reshaping the elements of the game that, regardless of originality or background, should be considered as much a pliable field for improvement and creative reimagining.

Linear multiplayer rpg maps with short lived novelty and shallow playworth (in immersion or replay value).

An active collaberation.
A critical anlysis of all our work. It's not your best, not yet.

I believe if you read this thread, it's actually Ken who is name-calling and accusing people.

Sorry, when exactly was I in a "crucial position" to promote a better DXMP and failed to do so?

If you are referring to Hengsha, then there was never a "crucial position", we had some support from the community team at Eidos, not the marketing dude himself. Also DXMP people were invited right from the beginning but chose not to support or get involved with Hengsha until much later, when EM started tweeting about it and only after EM started tweeting about. Those that did return to the project, chose to challenge it publicly calling for the "cancellation" of the demo. I was never in any "crucial position" because the only project member that stayed the entire course was Magus. Poor was consistent from start to end too. I don't include Chees, because he was still learning when the project started.

failed

Sorry how? Hengsha launched a demo a year after SP release, the original plan. All I did and all I said I was going to do, was create an opportunity for people to work on a project that would have good PR. If people chose not to support me in that endeavour, that was there choice, their arrogance, their stupidity, not mine.

crucial position

lol wut. You are such an expert, explain please.

better dxmp

So you are saying Hengsha is better than DXMP, how come you have never said this before?

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby synthetic » 20 Jun 2013, 06:33

Sike basically nails the current problem. Shadow on the other hand doesn't seem to understand what I wrote, even with help from Magus. It happens.

Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Vaan » 20 Jun 2013, 13:17

havent read all this topic and not going to but from my point of view whats wrong these days is there isnt the beginners server anymore..

for years its been difficult for new players because of the handfull of us that can actually play..

im not saying new mods and things are a bad idea coz i love the sharpshooter thing and new things make it more interesting but we should really try making things simpler for people that dont have a clue

i say things to much.... :?

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Jun 2013, 13:30

I was hoping sharpshooter was the new godz server.

Sike
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Finland

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Sike » 20 Jun 2013, 16:45

Do people still play ATDM?

Valgothy wrote:Oh and for your info, ATDM is a modded gametype as well.

BTDM is the real DX.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby chin.democ. » 20 Jun 2013, 18:04

Yeah ATDM has been relatively busy recently, would love to see some BTDM activity. :matrix:

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Psycho » 20 Jun 2013, 21:10

Sike wrote:Do people still play ATDM?

Get a few maps every day really.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Jun 2013, 15:44

people playing BDSM on the varying gametype server, daily basis.

Friedman
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Ever thought about this? (My DXMP Rant) - Postby Friedman » 21 Jun 2013, 19:01

law incoming

AceFighterz wrote:my bro is the king of warnings wow holy metabolic end product i wonder if a could compete against him

Return to Deus Ex