Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

aug binds..?

Author
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

aug binds..? - Postby Vaan » 01 Aug 2013, 13:42

just wondering is it possible to bind augs to turn on automaticly..?

like have ballistics come on when your hit or regen when your health reaches a certain point..

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 01 Aug 2013, 13:53

Actually it is YOUR job to perform this tasks, otherwise you would be redundant for the game.
You could make hax that performs that watchdog task but that would be called cheating. [-X

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vaan » 01 Aug 2013, 22:16

some might call it cheating but i dont see it as any different to a med bind...

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Aug 2013, 22:26

Meddbind = you still have to do the work of choosing when and pressing the right key, while pressing others.

What you are describing is doing all the work for the player, without the player needing to press anything at all. That's more like aimbot than medbind.

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Hey » 01 Aug 2013, 22:48

You can make hotkeys to turn on/off more then one aug at the same time e.g speed and ballistic.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: aug binds..? - Postby synthetic » 01 Aug 2013, 23:11

For normal player this is not possible. Some kind of crazy programmer who wants to code sophisticated cheat for DXMP can possibly do it.

Some players add Regen to their medbind, but it is down to preference and practice. For example, you may learn that you experience problems with some buttons in some situations, and adjust them accordingly.

Activating Regen at the right time is acquired skill.

That said, there are couple mod projects that do what you want, but not for normal DXMP as of now.

Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vaan » 01 Aug 2013, 23:18

ok how would one add regen to a med bind....

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: aug binds..? - Postby synthetic » 01 Aug 2013, 23:24

Edit User.ini or type command in the game:

bindkey <buttonname> <first function>|<second function>

you can also use <first function>|OnRelease <second function>

Just find whatever you call medbind and add DualMapF4 to it, and separate commands with |

I personally don't recommend binding Regen that way.. but I've heard of some players do it that way. It just makes you waste a precious medbind, or confuse your aug activation cycle if you aready have regen running and suddenly need medkit. You'd have to enable regen *again*, or waste another medkit.

Basically, what you first asked is: not possible. Game doesn't activate anything automatically.

And secondly, on binding: look at the buttons around your movement keys and bind all shizzle there. Make use of all buttons that are in fingers range :) Its normal binding for any FPS or MMO or any other computer game. Nothing special about DXMP. UrT / CSS have way crazier binds than we got.

Edit: closest you can get to automatic is OnRelease function that advanced binds rely upon. This means you activate one action (ie take medkit out) and it starts another action once first is done (button is released)

Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vaan » 01 Aug 2013, 23:47

reading my first post it sounds like i was looking for a 'cheat' but thats not really what i was after... just looking to make things easyier..
but thank you synth for the help thats close enough to what i was after..

but another question is there a limit to how long a bind can be.. my medbind activates belt 1 on release, can i add activate regen or something else without it *loving* up or is it best to leave binds as short as possible..?

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 02 Aug 2013, 01:00

Don't worry about length. I have a bind that's TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft | TurnLeft

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: aug binds..? - Postby synthetic » 02 Aug 2013, 06:24

The longer the bind the lower ping and better (stable) fps you will need. OnRelease is particularly vulnerable to lag and can cause you lot of grief with even (visible) 70-80 ping.

If you look at Alias lines a bit and think what they do, you'll find easy ways of setting up anything you want, though.

| pipe separates commands that are supposed to be executed together. DualMapF6|DualMapF9 for example. DualMapF3|DualMapF5 is also sometimes used.

OnRelease activates action when button is released, and since you can release a pressed button only once you can use onrelease only once.

Alias function allows you to create binds that are otherwise impossible in User.ini (ie h=biocell|medkit|onrelease say roffle roffle); but there is certain amount of alias lines you can make.

Remember that the following philosophy usually applies to more complex confs: if it is possible, someone probably uses it, and until it is not patched you can use it.
For example, I absolutely hate the snipe bind, but I won't harass anyone over using it, whereas DJ helped me disable behindview on server while back.

EDIT: >linky<

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Aug 2013, 07:09

Vaan, I didn't think you were trying to cheat, just I was trying to explain other people's reaction.

lolz, only DX players could argue the difference between cheating and not cheating, within a PC game console. Binds/Console = cheating, period, as far as many people are concerned.

DXMP has ended up at times to be endless discussions and arguments about boring technical things, console commands, frame rate abuse and all kinds of things which stop the beginner playing a fair game, not to mention removing noob weps.

I would leave classic as it is, but have a system where everyone is playing the same actual options. Until then, it's a game so that is so unfair it's not worth playing, unless you enjoy unfair games, which isn't for most self-respecting people. Whether you win or lose, it's not as much as fun as knowing you won fairly and squarely. People are kidding themselves they won.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 03 Aug 2013, 00:30

synthetic wrote:For example, I absolutely hate the snipe bind, but I won't harass anyone over using it, whereas DJ helped me disable behindview on server while back.

A shame. Stealth is a key part of Deus Ex. Since leaning was disabled and the first person view is impractical for using stealth in multiplayer, BehindView is the only real way to use stealth tactics in zero aug.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vexus » 03 Aug 2013, 01:19

Poor wrote:
synthetic wrote:For example, I absolutely hate the snipe bind, but I won't harass anyone over using it, whereas DJ helped me disable behindview on server while back.

A shame. Stealth is a key part of Deus Ex. Since leaning was disabled and the first person view is impractical for using stealth in multiplayer, BehindView is the only real way to use stealth tactics in zero aug.

Camping corners with a sos is not stealth. [-X

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 03 Aug 2013, 06:06

I remember a few years back I saw someone argue in game that med binds and in fact any kinds of binds are cheating because they are 'not part of the true deus ex'. What I think he meant was that when players use binds, they are not playing DX the way it was originally intended for them by the developers, in other words they are performing customizations that would otherwise not be possible through the regular settings. I guess I could agree with that but I have a feeling that one of the signs of players really getting addicted to a game is when they start looking for ways to gain some kind of permanent advantage over other players, an advantage that is not affected by the events of a game. Examples of such advantages would be using binds and different kinds of console commands, configuring settings to benefit performance over quality (high-res vs. low-res), purchasing hardware that improves that performance even further and so on. The point is that I think the permanent players of a multiplayer game will probably always seek advantage over other players because at the end of every match they play some of them will win while others will lose. (Nobody likes to lose! - a great pun) That suggests that the ultimate goal of any player in any game is to win, therefore binds must be fundamentally legal because they are just another way of pursuing advantage over others. But don't we use cheats for the exact same reason? The behindview command is considered legal by many of those who would in the same time reject a wall hack, regardless of the fact that their purposes are identical: spotting the enemy in a way that would be otherwise physically impossible. Where do we draw the borderline between legal binds and illegal cheats? If we are unable to define such borderline, then isn't cheating fundamentally legal? I guess this brings us to a debate on the relationship of government and religion, law and morale, right and wrong, and so on. However, I'm too high to go into that right now.

Epilogue:
If I was a religious man, I would claim that God loves American weed so I wouldn't feel guilty smoking it.

Return to Deus Ex