behindview can be disabled by simply doing:
Code: Select all
exec function BehindView() {}

whats the issue about it?

~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~Blade~ » 06 Aug 2013, 01:59

Its an issue as to whether it is allowed/fair or not, not how to stop it.
Poor wrote:Well everyone can do it. It's even listed in the control settings.

I share this view.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: aug binds..? - Postby anax » 06 Aug 2013, 02:14

~Blade~ wrote:Its an issue as to whether it is allowed/fair or not, not how to stop it.

I share this view.

i'm not surprised at this, you wouldn't know sense if it hit you in the face.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~Blade~ » 06 Aug 2013, 02:43

anax wrote:
~Blade~ wrote:Its an issue as to whether it is allowed/fair or not, not how to stop it.

I share this view.

i'm not surprised at this, you wouldn't know sense if it hit you in the face.

lol u mad ? i'm just sharing my views.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: aug binds..? - Postby anax » 06 Aug 2013, 03:02

views that are wrong, yep. Didn't you read a few posts back? MP actually began without BV being included.
Not to mention that other FPS games don't have any such feature, i wonder why, mhm???

I needn't mention the case any longer because a child could figure out that BV makes no sense in any game unless it's one where players have floating eyeballs behind their fcking heads.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Vexus » 06 Aug 2013, 03:30

anax wrote:views that are wrong, yep. Didn't you read a few posts back? MP actually began without BV being included.
Not to mention that other FPS games don't have any such feature, i wonder why, mhm???

I needn't mention the case any longer because a child could figure out that BV makes no sense in any game unless it's one where players have floating eyeballs behind their fcking heads.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Cozmo » 06 Aug 2013, 04:24

chin.democ. wrote:Lean would be extremely funny to see in multiplayer, I can't help but smile thinking about it! :cool:

haha yess :-D

Fun fact about why lean got removed: in user.ini, you can specify how much you should lean by when you press it. You can actually lean by 180 degrees, making you totally upside down (pivots from the bottom of the player's collision) so you're under the floor, invincible to ballistics while able to shoot out. :bwahaha: The hitbox is totally flipped too, so you can just about get their toes with plasma or explosives.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: aug binds..? - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2013, 08:27

Half of the people defending BV are being played by the other half that is also defending it. Typical DXMP I guess.

Its indeed actually no big deal anymore because DJ helped us block it on server while back already. :-)

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~DJ~ » 06 Aug 2013, 19:07

anax wrote:views that are wrong, yep. Didn't you read a few posts back? MP actually began without BV being included.

yup.. as I said.. oh and also..

incase anyone's wondering why BehindView is on Keyboard settings, because DXMTL. They have put it there because they implemented a disable/enable feature for it, but it doesn't work. If you go to non-MTL servers, it's not on Settings anymore.

So it's a bug, that's what it is, a bug in DXMTL... if only "bAllowBehindView" worked it would've been a feature. :-D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: aug binds..? - Postby anax » 10 Aug 2013, 13:45

see, there ya go. A bug, unlike nade jumping or fps, but a bug nonetheless...
Many of you are defending a mistake in the game. BV is bug abuse, plain and simple.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 11 Aug 2013, 01:37

Alright. The facts from DJ made me realize BV being allowed in mp was a bug, although no one bothered to fix it for like 10 years. But I'll also say this: I believe the developers wanted balanced weapons and the overpowered assault rifle is a mistake. Fix that and I'd be glad to compromise on BV.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~DJ~ » 11 Aug 2013, 08:46

hmm, MTL changes the assault rifle? that I did not know.. can you elaborate a bit more?
if that's the case then it should be dumbed down back again... or atleast with heavy recoil.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 11 Aug 2013, 13:11

I never heard that before but I also can't remember ever playing DXMP without MTL so that's another thing..

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: aug binds..? - Postby Poor » 11 Aug 2013, 17:12

I'm not talking about the MTL developers, I'm talking about Ion Storm. They wanted balanced weapons.

There are 14 different weapons in Deus Ex multiplayer, not counting grenades. Most of them just deal damage, but a few have additional extra uses, and all of them have certain situations in which they are more effective than in others. Since you can only carry three weapons at a time, and since you often won't be equally skilled with all weapons, deciding what weapons to carry can be a tough choice. Generally you want to carry weapons that have different uses.

But this didn't happen. We know that for most players, 2 of the 3 weapon slots are going to be used for sniper and assault rifle.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: aug binds..? - Postby ~DJ~ » 11 Aug 2013, 17:29

Hmm, I can agree with that..
also, holy metabolic end product, just noticed.. RecoilStrength won't work on multiplayer at all.. haven't checked non-MTL servers, but really?
I've tried changing mpRecoilStrength for Assault Rifle as well as the original one too, and it won't make a difference, even with Skills Level 1 (no skills)

NEEDS FIXING. I guess we can add some sort of recoil to it? would that be a better fix for the time being, atleast for Assault Gun? I don't know how we'll balance out the weapons but this is the only thing that came to my mind.. :oops:

That Resident Evil Mod
————

Return to Deus Ex