38%
Unban Phantom only
No votes

Total votes : 21

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Unban phantom and olo? - Postby ricci » 19 Jan 2014, 12:45

Phantom and olo were probably one of the most active players around.

A major problem we face today is the lack of even teams. We are missing 1 or 2 more good riflers to help even out the teams. Phantom brings good rifling to the table.

Another major problem is the game lacks guys who are constantly checking servers or sitting in servers and waiting for players. Olo brings this to the table. He is also a decent cloak player and has improved a lot.

Solution 1: Hivermind apparently handles speed hackers with it's speed hack fixes so whats the problem

Solution 2: Remove law. Chances are if 2 or more laws go off in 1 game then there are a lot of unhappy players. Players don't like when enemies use the law. Players don't like when teammates use the law. The only person who enjoys the law is the guy who is using it and chances are: his score is terrible, he is not playing serious, or hes there to cause trouble.

I vote bring back 2 decent and very active aug players.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby Fear » 19 Jan 2014, 15:04

ricci wrote:Phantom and olo were probably one of the most active players around.
A major problem we face today is the lack of even teams. We are missing 1 or 2 more good riflers to help even out the teams. Phantom brings good rifling to the table.

Having a good rifle does not warrant a pardon on cheating for 4 years carelessly, despite bans and unbans well into double figures.

ricci wrote:Another major problem is the game lacks guys who are constantly checking servers or sitting in servers and waiting for players. Olo brings this to the table. He is also a decent cloak player and has improved a lot.

If this non existant problem bothers you Ricci, no offense, why not do it yourself? Olo is a single person, you're a single person, heck your reputation towers over his too, so stay idle in a server and see what happens, this doesn't warrant unbanning anybody at all.

ricci wrote:Solution 1: Hivermind apparently handles speed hackers with it's speed hack fixes so whats the problem

The problem is (with Phantom), he's been banned atleast 30 times, and has refused to listen to anybody since 2010, so why should any compromises be made to somebody responsible for killing the 0 aug scene greatly and damaging peoples interest in the community. Every single time a topic or discussion like this arises we end up right back in it again a short while after, Olo i can't really comment on...

I vote bring back 2 decent and very active aug players.

I vote people stop thinking that the absence of a cheater, ONE PERSON, is harming the game in any way, that's the reason why Blade received thousands of jabs and complaints from people, he was scared of killing his server activity by banning one guy, yet choosing not to ban him resulted in the activity dying anyway, Blade isn't the only one though, its a pressure situation especially as a server host, but soft-ass administrating doesn't do Deus Ex any favours, it never has, because long-term players get tired and leave, and noobs can never get going.

If Olo doesn't cheat and is just an annoyance, people should just ignore him, but i aint quite familiar with why he's been banned, if it's anything like Phantom, well its that same old circle again.

Too many braincells not being used by people over long periods of time and look at the state of servers, who knows, maybe it all would have been this way regardless.

2004-2014
Friedman
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby Friedman » 19 Jan 2014, 17:45

phantom is garbage with or without his fps abuse.
olo is a decent player and less annoying than some other active unbanned augers

AceFighterz wrote:my bro is the king of warnings wow holy metabolic end product i wonder if a could compete against him
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby ~DJ~ » 19 Jan 2014, 17:55

I voted for unbanning Olo.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby synthetic » 19 Jan 2014, 18:09

Unban Phantom? Never.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Jan 2014, 19:12

Ricci, I have always had nothing but respect for you and I wish I could say the same for the other two.

Phant has always been courteous to me, but I see he could access private servers, discuss hiring Romanian programmers, troll msn in the past searching for advantages in the game, like many other players. Afaik he is responsible for teaching tricks to others, not just someone who cheated or bugged and personally, I would deal with this more seriously. When he talked about defending his right to override systems imposed to limit him, he sounded just like Deja Vu in 1996 to be honest, but then he is courteous and doesn't troll the editing community that I am aware of.

Neither guy has ruined my games afaik, personally insulted me or done anything else, but I've not seen evidence of Olo spreading or sharing the dark side of dxmp with others. If you include the game community as a whole, there are worse crimes currently in DXMP than Olo's, but Phant teaching tricks to others in the past, or simply not backing down over the fps argument is worth standing up to.

I'm not well informed enough to make a decision. I would rather see more being done to accomodate new players into atdm than people arguing over banned players, removing LAW might help, but you still have to address the issue of newcomers not having dualmap or binds when they enter the server and not really clear enough warnings that teamkill is on, or that other players are binding.

I would also like someone to speak about scope release bind, because this puts me off taking either 0-aug or atdm seriously as competitive sport. Ken did pass me binds, I should check it out.

I think the answer in the long term is an officially sanctioned update to Deus Ex1 including DXMP, involving people close to Eidos, like Jerion and HDTP and all the relevant interested parties. Fixing a few things, including security and performance issues. Some people want it in a different engine, maybe it will have to be.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby machete » 19 Jan 2014, 20:11

ShadowRunner wrote:I would also like someone to speak about scope release bind, because this puts me off taking either 0-aug or atdm seriously as competitive sport. Ken did pass me binds, I should check it out.

To be fair, those binds are available to everyone on equal terms. Personally I've never used a "meleesnipe" bind or any kind of OnRelease Fire bind but I don't actually have much of a problem with people doing it.

On the original topic, Phantom is banned from my server indefinitely so you can probably guess my answer! I actually get on with Phantom well enough but he does far more damage to DX unbanned than he does banned.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby Cozmo » 19 Jan 2014, 21:33

Wait wait Olo's banned? I was wondering where all the trash talking went lol. Yeah imo no reason to keep him banned.

I still don't see the point in a snipe bind - feels slower to me than just using E=scope and firing *shrugs*.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
ricci
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby ricci » 19 Jan 2014, 22:44

Friedman wrote:phantom is garbage with or without his fps abuse.

I agree. 90% of the time he has no bio and the other 10% he just ran out of spawn with no streak and 1 medkit 0 biocells. In 0 augs I can understand the advantage but augs, come on, hes the retard that thinks speed hacks give him an advantage. There are more cons then pros when using speedhacks in augs.

About eidos programmers, it makes no difference if they code for us, dej codes for us, or some random dude on his computer codes for us. Eidos did not program the engine which means they didn't build the physics, the networking, anything important.

About snipe bind, if you want to throw off your game then use it. You wont like it then when you try to switch it back it's gonna mess you up because your not use to doing it manually.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby DaniSaggenza » 19 Jan 2014, 23:58

If we talk about Phantom, even if we forgive him and unban him, he'll try to bypass new MTL, and probably will find out how, so, he'll cheat again and will urine us off again, hard to trust on a guy that has been cheating since years.

If we talk about Olo, I don't really see any problem with having him unbanned, for me he has an attitude of dickhead but have to admitt that his skills with heavies (as long as he doesnt kill teammates :D) are impressive, for me Olo last year was one of best heavy players of the game (laugh if you want).

If attitude is problem, Olo is not very different from Darko, one guy is "STILL KING, sit, suck" the other one is "hahahahah im the best player of the history lol 1n1 sniperbox i own you hahaha verydarkmap racist"

EDIT:

Also, Ricci:

can understand the advantage but augs, come on, hes the retard that thinks speed hacks give him an advantage.

Im agree that speedhack is pretty useless in augs, only thing that it does its waste your energy faster, and receive more damage, but, think on this, Phantom only knows to play with shells, basically, and speedhack gives him the awesome capacity of shoot 3 shells in 1 second or even 2, I don't really know if the new MTL patches that, probably does or maybe not.

EDIT v2.0:

I dont like sniperbind neither, in 0augs its the thing that most hate with FPS abuse, but I won't go in plan Darko saying that every bind is hax or stuff like that, tbf, I never used it, basically I don't know how to set it up and im not interested, also, in Augs for many players sniperbind is usefull, because augs is a faster game, and sniperbind gives you the capacity of do a sniper shoot faster and change back to assault, if you do a headshoot, thats practically a streak.

Last edited by DaniSaggenza on 20 Jan 2014, 00:08, edited 3 times in total.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby synthetic » 20 Jan 2014, 00:05

I don't understand why Olo is being discussed - even though he constantly gets banned, to my knowledge he cannot be banned without banning several other dxmp players (wide range ban). In all likelihood Ste and Monkee were the last to actually go that far to ban him.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby machete » 20 Jan 2014, 00:33

DaniSaggenza wrote:"hahahahah im the best player of the history lol 1n1 sniperbox i own you hahaha verydarkmap racist"

:bwahaha:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Jan 2014, 01:00

Don't break the FECKING rules and cheat. I have no sympathy for them :clout:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby anax » 20 Jan 2014, 04:57

voted for unbanning Olo only since he's decent at augging w/ heavy weps and to my knowledge, Olo is not breaking any rules as far as cheating or hacking is concerned. (please enlighten me if this isn't the case!)
It was diffucult to decide because LAW suiciding and teamkilling are perfect reasons for Olo to stay behind bars!!

But i seem to recall that he stopped doing those things to some extent, although that may just be because i was becoming inactive and losing interest.

He has his good days and at least once i've been on his team and have even held some pseudo-conversation with him when he acts like a decent player, a rare occasion probably.
As for his augging, i may be wrong, but it seems easy to me to just avoid LAW rooms when he is playing. Or chuck ES and ADS on and go after him.

As for Phantom, hahahaHAHAHA.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Unban phantom and olo? - Postby machete » 20 Jan 2014, 17:52

DaniSaggenza wrote:If we talk about Phantom, even if we forgive him and unban him, he'll try to bypass new MTL, and probably will find out how, so, he'll cheat again and will urine us off again, hard to trust on a guy that has been cheating since years.

He can already get round 233a2. (But you already know that because we both played with him in my server :D)

Return to Deus Ex