Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Poor's WWII Mod:

Author
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 29 Jan 2014, 02:19

My first impressions, are wow! I love the weapons of course, the tanks are friking awesome, with the flying effect, and the gameplay with bots is great since servers are always lacking players.

Suggested improvements:
1. enclose the maps/lower weapon poly count if possible. Basically check out my screenies. I'm getting 10 fps, and basically, my laptop is prolly what the average dxmplayer has in terms of performance: core 2 duo, and nvidia 9300. With 10 fps, it was laggy.
However, I love the open map, so I wouldn't want to make the map less open, because it ruins the effect

Anyways, I hope this mod keep progressing because its excellent. smoke grenade wow! it actually works.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Jan 2014, 04:00

I love this mod but like stated the lag is a problem. I have tried all graphic options like OpenGL and such but no luck Maybe it's my connection speed? :-k
Apart from that Altfire and WW2 is me favorite servers atm. Cage match as well. Nice work by all involved :D \:D/
Edit: Machetes 0 aug server is very good atm just need players on more often.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby TheWolf » 29 Jan 2014, 18:16

I disagree with the statement about Machete's server. I find it warpy but I think it fits for the amount of 0a going on right now

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jan 2014, 01:57

bamz0rz wrote:My first impressions, are wow! I love the weapons of course, the tanks are friking awesome, with the flying effect, and the gameplay with bots is great since servers are always lacking players.

Suggested improvements:
1. enclose the maps/lower weapon poly count if possible. Basically check out my screenies. I'm getting 10 fps, and basically, my laptop is prolly what the average dxmplayer has in terms of performance: core 2 duo, and nvidia 9300. With 10 fps, it was laggy.
However, I love the open map, so I wouldn't want to make the map less open, because it ruins the effect

Anyways, I hope this mod keep progressing because its excellent. smoke grenade wow! it actually works.

Thanks for hosting, it is appreciated and to let you know good news, there are map fixes, updates and at least 5 new maps coming from myself, Chees and Chin and Die.

Secondly, the Clyzm weps will be removed from all maps and placed in teleporter spawns that Chinny is making. The spawnrooms will have books that players can read and there will be option to parachute from spawn or to spawn on the ground.

Thirdly, to correct you, the WW2 code is Poor's and the vehicle mod is Poor's, but the WW2 mod was originated by LOX and Jima B. The mod also includes assets from the mod's original coder DXRV. Chinny was an original mapper too. Poor has however revolutionized the WW2 mod, created the vehicle mod and fixed both weps and parachutes.

Thirdly, I can't explain Chees particular problem, but for most players performance massively improves with open GL. I have 1gig ram and 2.6 processor and also 4gig ram and 2.0 processor and I only get fps issues really in the middle of Paris and on MJ12. When all the 10-12 maps have been updated with tele spawns and fps fixes, there will be a noticable difference, but that may take some time.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby [FGS]Chees » 30 Jan 2014, 02:23

My computer more than exceeds your specs and I'm using openGL. Wasn't moaning although it may look like it I know this is not yet finished. When all said and done I think it's my connection and major packet loss from a hook up else where in the house that is the cause. No worries :-D

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 30 Jan 2014, 16:14

Great.

In future updates, I would like to see more vehicle combat, like I really enjoyed playing against other tanks. So with like airplanes or helis it would be even more awesome

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jan 2014, 19:49

Ok I will try and focus on vehicle combat then. The issue is finding the balance between open space and linear space, to balance fps, which is why I started making the Paris maps more like Landernau, just one street at a time.

I am not sure you will see Atrey's 2052-style choppers in Poor's 1944-ish mod, but not to say there couldn't be a Vietnam or apocalyptical type of mod. The choppers have 3 versions, missle, bomb and minigun types, also they can carry a passenger that can fire his own weps. M249 would be fun, but a mix of tac/clyzm weps could be used, or just default weps. I made a huge valley as a chopper map, but I could see that fps was never going to be great, my idea for a chopper map was an underground helibase with huge tunnels and vents. Aeroplanes apparently are not so simple as making a chopper unable to go backwards or hover.

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 30 Jan 2014, 20:45

well i mean like airplanes,

one thing i still enjoy is dropping tnt crates on people in dxmp, there's osmething really satisfying about it...

anyways, can u imagine airplanes in multiplayer, that drop bombs?!?!! cmon , we gotta get this!

So it appears, Poor will not add airplanes...i am very disappointe as I looked forward to dropping bombs in multiplayer

what about an airballooon?? that used those in like wwi?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Feb 2014, 09:46

Zeppelin mover is a great idea and the propellers could be done with textures. In fact maybe someone could convert to model. In fact Zeppelin v Ship combat could be a really good mod. One team spawns on the Zeppelin, the other team spawn on a ship.

Barrage balloon movers are even easier, Just a mover which is breakable eventually and goes up or down, a giant elevator. These were used in WW2 as well.

The bad news
The reason why you will not see drivable planes in WW2 is because although it's possible to make them, when you are 2048 units high above the map, fps takes a dive on these detailed open maps. There is no way to avoid it unless the map is like Landernau, more like canyons or tunnels.

We need maps specifically designed for flyable vehicles, like canyons, tunnels, anything which is not too open. It should allow them to turn, but follow a street system, canyon or giant underground vents and passages.

The good news
The good news though. B-EE and Chopper carry passengers, drop bombs, passenger possibly can drop TNT and he can fire his weps. Passenger can also fire the vehicle's main wep, which varies from minigun, to lam, to rockets. The choppers skin colour indicates whether it is a bomber, rocket ship or a gunship. Atrey was able to reskin the chopper to B-EE, so I suppose it could be reskinned to V-22 Osprey or Autogyro or something else futuristic.

B-EE and drivable vehicles will come together however on Hengsha in certain parts of the map perhaps, where a road is exposed to another area e.g. Docks. B-EEs will carry passengers of course, as they are basically a reskinned chopper.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 02 Feb 2014, 17:10

I could do a quick zeppelin if you like

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Feb 2014, 20:24

AWESOME SAUSAGES!!!

Yes please, Zeppelin would be a great addition. Could do steampunk maps, Zeppelin v Zeppelin. Will make a page for flyable vehicles on Moddb and add Zeppelin, BEE, Bomb Chopper, Rocket Chopper and Minigun Chopper.

I will make two maps, a sea/coostal map, players spawn on ships and harbour defences. Also I will make a Western Front map, a town behind lines with rooftop defences, the Zeppelin can bomb breakable buildings. Maybe an aerodrome in a field, with biplane movers that can fly up to Zeppelin zone.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 02 Feb 2014, 21:40

Do you require just the 3rd person model? I could have it by tomorrow night shan't be long...

This suffice?
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o55 ... agrams.jpg

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby bamz0rz » 03 Feb 2014, 16:52

i like where this thread is heading...

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby Alvind » 03 Feb 2014, 22:38

Did a model based on the link in my last post, What I'm looking to knows is, if I put propellers on there are a total 5. If I let the textures do it it reduces the models Polycount by 190. Given that it's 366 ATM that's a 50% reduction from 3d propellers. Also if you look at the photo the propellers are really small, I did make the model to scale, would it be best to enlarge the propellers?

The camera angle also from the players FOV, the propellers won't be seen. Only when you look at another player will you actually notice them.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.91 KiB) Viewed 26227 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.54 KiB) Viewed 26228 times

atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Poor's WWII Mod: - Postby atrey65789 » 04 Feb 2014, 02:01

Well, Shadow, If I really really really wanted to try and take a swing at it.... I could probably come up with a plane that functions like it, can go side to side, will only rise off the ground when your going fast enough, etc. etc. May take some time, but ya never know.

Return to Deus Ex