Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby Whiplash » 31 Jan 2014, 00:30

Hi everyone;

(Hope ye still consider me an FGS'er) :oops:

Some of might have noticed I haven't played DX much nor posted on these boards at all for a while, as clan mates in a game I love I feel that I now owe you all an explanation.

The story starts about 6 months ago, when I got my first real job, prior to that I was a student and had been unemployed ... god, too long really. But it's over 70 miles from where I lived (family home, alas) and so for the past 6 months I've been either commuting 2+ hours each way, each day (that was hell) or staying in hostels and cheap hotels. But now I've got a place of my own (finding an apartment that wouldn't break the bank while fitting my needs was not easy, especially here) and I'm getting an Internet connection sorted out. That means I'll be getting back into DX a bit more regularly, soon.

It's going to be fun :) I hope

-Whip

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 31 Jan 2014, 01:17

No one will mind Whip. We all have lives to live and the real world and it will all ways take priority over games and forums.
Congrats on finding a job and getting things sorted out and wish you the best of luck for the future.
see you in game @ some point :-D

bamz0rz
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby bamz0rz » 31 Jan 2014, 02:14

Sometimes gamers forget, your life outside gaming is always more important.

When u get back, there are some fun new mods out!

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby chin.democ. » 31 Jan 2014, 16:58

Look forward to seeing you in game Whip.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Feb 2014, 09:33

Whiplash wrote:The story starts about 6 months ago, when I got my first real job, prior to that I was a student and had been unemployed ... god, too long really. But it's over 70 miles from where I lived (family home, alas) and so for the past 6 months I've been either commuting 2+ hours each way, each day (that was hell) or staying in hostels and cheap hotels. But now I've got a place of my own (finding an apartment that wouldn't break the bank while fitting my needs was not easy, especially here) and I'm getting an Internet connection sorted out. That means I'll be getting back into DX a bit more regularly, soon.

I think Anihex, myself and a few other members have all been through this. I admire your work ethic. No apology necessary.

If in future you want to map or edit maps, we could throw some WW2 assets your way, there's always room for more maps in this early testing stage of the bot/vehicle mod. Also if you would like to contribute something to Hengsha, there's the option of building a fight map for the map pack, or making something for the city. Also the flyable vehicle mod needs maps - any theme. I'll save the waffle for when your connection arrives, good to see you back and well done on staying the course at work.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby anax » 02 Feb 2014, 10:31

i would really enjoyy contributing to one of these projects, not sure which one yet but just thought i'd throw that out there!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: My absence, an explanation and apology. - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Feb 2014, 20:26

That would be great Anax, the Hengsha fight maps will use the DXHR augs. Seems like Zeppelin will be a new option too, WW1. When you have some ideas, let me know and I will pass any assets, textures etc.

Return to Deus Ex