Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby ShadowRunner » 15 May 2014, 02:51

As Alex pointed out, time presses on.

Confucius say "If masterserver close, revive Alpha and put World Domination FL City MegaPlot A into action"

As long as I can play any gametype, with any player, on any map, I really don't care who runs it or how.

Steam is really the next thing that probably a group effort would net some results with.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby chin.democ. » 01 Jun 2014, 11:21

So what system(s) do I promote on my newsletter, Alex's and Deja's?

HDD21
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby HDD21 » 01 Jun 2014, 17:36

If using multiple masters. I would promote all the community masterservers:

master.deusexnetwork.com Alex's which I would call the primary community MS,
master.oldunreal.com - smirfs from oldunreal - one of the masterservers from unreal 227
master2.oldunreal.com - my MS and oldunreal's second masterserver
master.noccer.de - noccers MS
master.333networks.com - same as Alex's for now but get hosters to add all of them to their uplink
master.dxmp.net dxmp.net is going to be a deus ex community news site but master.dxmp.net is already pointing to a masterserver, yes i bought deja's
old domain, with the intention of setting it up as a site, plus there are a few DXMP slimlines in circulation that have this as it's default and only masterserver, back when metabolic end product went down a few years back.
master.errorist.tk another multi master from members of the unreal community
master.fragaholic.com - one of DX's default uplinks, pointing to 333 networks atm

ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.dxmp.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900

These are the ones I know of, the UT community is also going to be using all of these, minus deusexnetwork. Uplinking to qtracker incase they add Deus Ex support which a good thing to contact the developers about.

For users Deja's Mod:

;Master Server Configurations for MTL MMS mod
[DeusExMTLMMS.MTLMMSMenuScreenJoinInternet]
MasterServerAddress[0]="master0.gamespy.com"
MasterServerAddress[1]="master.deusexnetwork.com"
MasterServerAddress[2]="master.dxmp.net"
MasterServerAddress[3]="master.333networks.com"
MasterServerAddress[4]="master.oldunreal.com"
MasterServerAddress[5]="master2.oldunreal.com"
MasterServerAddress[6]="master.errorist.tk"
MasterServerAddress[7]="master.fragaholic.com"
MasterServerAddress[8]="master.noccer.de"
MasterServerTCPPort[0]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[1]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[2]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[3]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[4]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[5]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[6]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[7]=28900
MasterServerTCPPort[8]=28900

Might as well uplink to all of these, and we have much redundancy, master.oldunreal.com has been up for the past few years, for example.
Deja's current MS seems to me down, has been down a while. Apparently gamespy shutdown was delayed until the end of june...

Jacob

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby chin.democ. » 01 Jun 2014, 22:34

End of June? that's interesting, all this master server stuff is leaving me confused.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jun 2014, 19:53

I'm confused by Fragaholic.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby [FGS]Chees » 04 Jun 2014, 20:54

I was born confused, dunno what's going on in this crazy world most days :-D

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby Fear » 06 Jun 2014, 03:26

I'm confused too.

I applied the fix and i have the master.deusexnetwork.com information in my ini underneath [DeusEx.MenuScreenJoinGame], however, no servers are loading at all?

I use Kenties launcher, and did notice something on the Deus Ex Network website about the fix not being applied automatically if you're using Kentie's Launcher, what's that all about then, not compatible or something?

2004-2014
Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby Alexander » 06 Jun 2014, 06:49

Hi Fear, unfortunately the masterserver had some downtime. It went offline around 22:55 GMT and at around 01:30 GMT I noticed and manually switched to a different masterserver.
The automatic failover didn't kick in because it wasn't in place yet. I'll try to look at it the next few days.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby Fear » 06 Jun 2014, 17:21

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

2004-2014
DejaVu
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby DejaVu » 06 Jun 2014, 21:06

HDD21 wrote:Deja's current MS seems to me down, has been down a while. Apparently gamespy shutdown was delayed until the end of june...

I don't know why you are saying that my MS is down, it has been up now for more than 1 month without interruption.

And as far as I know, it is the only one with verified software, while others are what, ucc? :roll:

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby machete » 10 Jun 2014, 12:54

DejaVu wrote:
HDD21 wrote:Deja's current MS seems to me down, has been down a while. Apparently gamespy shutdown was delayed until the end of june...

I don't know why you are saying that my MS is down, it has been up now for more than 1 month without interruption.

And as far as I know, it is the only one with verified software, while others are what, ucc? :roll:

What exactly is this magical software you're using?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jun 2014, 21:46

Was this static or dynamic verification?

I want to know if the energy company for the Dutch or Slovenian MS is using cowfarts, solar, wind or nuclear energy?
Would be interesting to see the energy footprint of each supplier and see which MS is running more on cowfarts than the other.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby [FGS]Chees » 12 Jun 2014, 02:14

LMFAO Shadow...Cow farts :bwahaha:

HDD21
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby HDD21 » 13 Jun 2014, 12:14

It is up now, but was down many a time when I tested it. And yours is using your MS utility I presume?

Mine is using poly's tool that i have been helping him test and it works nicely :) 333 is using its own software, so only a few in the unreal community is using UCC now and epic's seems to respond with the same \secure\ key every time as a test UCC I hosted so presuming they are using UCC on utmaster.epicgames.com as epic bought the UT MS back up....

I am still working on a 'patch' that incorperates deja's mod with MTL among other things, default uplink is as follows

ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.dxmp.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.dxmp.ie MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.zxcclan.com MasterServerPort=27900

anymore that could be added to this list, please let me know :) Also i find deja's mod takes a while to grab the server list, even if all MS in its configuration are working

FGS really should have one, master.gravity-world.com would be really cool ;)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: A solution for the GameSpy masterserver issue - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 14 Jun 2014, 11:14

If that trend progresses, we'll have more masterservers than DX servers soon. :roll:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!

Return to Deus Ex