Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby Alvind » 12 Jul 2014, 22:46

Hi guys it's been a while since I've posted here, I've been busy getting married with a new house etc and now everything has settled down. I haven't worked on RoD in around 4months because of this. Real life takes its toll, but now things are quiet again I can resume where I left off. There is one, the main map I've been working has developed a bad bug thAt causes the SDK to crash so I'm thinking of restarting it but I will be song this by creating prefabs from the original and implementing them in the new one. This will tAke about a week but it will leave me with the satisfaction that everything is legit and square.

Now onto other ideas, is there/would there be enough DX modders to create a live IRC channel for chatting and helping each other etc? If someone new has an idea they want to express, rather than look somewhere they could ask on the channel which could be answered by live chat on smartphones etc?

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Jul 2014, 23:57

Your marring a house? well no wonder you had no time to work on your ROD for 4 months. I hope your satisfied when you get to work on it again :bwahaha:

Sorry i couldn't resist taking the fish there :-D I have no real comments to add here other that more banter \:D/

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Jul 2014, 20:11

Alvind wrote:Hi guys it's been a while since I've posted here, I've been busy getting married with a new house etc and now everything has settled down. I haven't worked on RoD in around 4months because of this. Real life takes its toll, but now things are quiet again I can resume where I left off. There is one, the main map I've been working has developed a bad bug thAt causes the SDK to crash so I'm thinking of restarting it but I will be song this by creating prefabs from the original and implementing them in the new one. This will tAke about a week but it will leave me with the satisfaction that everything is legit and square.

Congrats again, good to see you. I use "save as" and keep 200 different copies of bigger projects, sometimes I keep hitting the brick wall, I know I need to change design or brush in a specific area.

Alvind wrote: Now onto other ideas, is there/would there be enough DX modders to create a live IRC channel for chatting and helping each other etc? If someone new has an idea they want to express, rather than look somewhere they could ask on the channel which could be answered by live chat on smartphones etc?

I don't have the time but would certainly link people to that. I find most discussions I have with other editors specifically about editing are on skype or FB, here or on project forums.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby chin.democ. » 17 Jul 2014, 11:17

First of all, well done on getting married and moving house. Second if that map is really troublesome I cold take a look at it for you. It's probably best to open a SDK problem thread and use that for all queries.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Jul 2014, 14:38

Same, can't promise anything, but willing to look at the map.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby [FGS]Chees » 18 Jul 2014, 01:43

Chees was :alc: ...out of it on that last post sorry kids. :roll:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby anax » 20 Jul 2014, 08:01

i wonder what sort of maps we could make whilst drunk :bwahaha:

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Jul 2014, 12:18

I made Temple Of Concordia when I was totally wasted at 6AM :-D

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 25 Jul 2014, 22:23

Ah, that's why it looks like it was hit by a rocket! :-D

@Alvind: It would help, if you posted some more info about your map problem, or if you post or PM the map itself. :-k

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby [FGS]Chees » 26 Jul 2014, 00:55

Cheeky Nodz. I will remember that you said that and hold it against you forever :-D \:D/

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby Alvind » 27 Jul 2014, 18:20

HAI

Thanks guys i will pack the map etc in a zip file tonight at some point, but I also have something else I'm looking for.

Does anyone have the complete animation list for NPCs in DX? Reason I ask is I'm looking to put this guy in:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqps73o9bs3yx ... oldier.jpg

Rigging him at the moment and probably will be over the next few days then onto the anims.

mikak
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Australia

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby mikak » 28 Jul 2014, 11:08

^ looks great Alvin

i don't think it is what you want; but anyway: when using the meshviewer, there are animation sequences for each mesh listed there, ie. walk, run, crouch, getting hit, mouth movements, shooting, sitting, cowering, choking etc.

Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby Alvind » 24 Aug 2014, 22:22

Well, having trouble getting DX graphics to run the way I want them. With the updated drivers everything is so dark so I'll have to fiddle with some things, any ideas? On the upside the UnrealEd is behaving itself again so I'll continue on finishing the map and convos/info links.

Turns out rigging is a complete section in itself so learning new stuff to deal with the new NPC.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-retur ... c#imagebox

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Return of Denton Mod news/DX moderns IRC channel - Postby ShadowRunner » 27 Aug 2014, 00:20

Really enjoyed the whizz round the map and seeing the modelling work on moddb makes it all the more easy to imagine how great this mod is going to be to play. Loving it so far.

Return to Deus Ex