Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

MTL - Having trouble configuring it

Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby Nightcaper » 23 Sep 2014, 19:50

I got my server showing up now, and I'm pretty happy about that. I even had a friend join it and we had some fun, and of course I have MTL on it. Unfortunately, the gametypes it offers aren't quite what I'm looking for (0 augs, all skills, high frag win limit), and I have been unable to find a reliable way of configuring it. I have attempted to find configuration entries for the gametypes it offers to edit, but it doesn't seem to use configuration values, or I'm doing something wrong. It was today that I had the idea to simply extend the MTLTeam class and make the changes I want in to my own derived gametype, compile and host (changing the command line to use mine). Unfortunately, it won't compile properly (bad name index error), and my attempts at fixing this have not been successful, so I am assuming something was done to MTL that makes extending it more difficult.

I'm trying to configure the kill limit, initial augs, mpskilllevel, and the gains every kill. Changing the MP default section in the .ini for MP games does not seem to work. Could someone help me with how to go about this? Additionally, is there a way to reliably extend from MTL to make custom gametypes? I'd really like to work more with UnrealScript on that end for practice and learning. I can provide more information if necessary, just let me know. Thank you in advance. :)

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby Poor » 23 Sep 2014, 21:35

You are changing this section in DeusEx.ini, right? It's not working? Make sure the server is off before editing.

Code: Select all
[DeusEx.DeusExMPGame]
SkillsTotal=0
SkillsAvail=0
SkillsPerKill=0
InitialAugs=9
AugsPerKill=0
ScoreToWin=200
VictoryCondition=Frags
MPSkillStartLevel=3
CurrentMap=DXMP_Cmd
fFriendlyFireMult=0.500000
bTrackWeapons=False
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False
bClassicDeathMessages=False

DXMTL can't be directly extended because it is protected. You can use this to get around that. Decompiled DXMTL152b1 (only useful for reference).

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby Nightcaper » 24 Sep 2014, 06:39

Poor wrote:You are changing this section in DeusEx.ini, right? It's not working? Make sure the server is off before editing.

<snip>

DXMTL can't be directly extended because it is protected. You can use this to get around that. Decompiled DXMTL152b1 (only useful for reference).

That is the section I edited. I rechecked it, re-edited it while the server was off, turned it on with no change. Restarted and checked, still no change. Removed the game type setting and map setting from the command line and had that section determine the map and Engine.Engine section determine the default game type, still no change. I'm afraid that part of the configuration may not be used by MTL, only by the default modes.

The MTL extender... now that might be what I need! I'll see if I can get that to work, thanks. If I still can't get things to work out, I'll update this thread. However, if I can figure out the extender, I hopefully won't need help. 8-[

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby synthetic » 26 Sep 2014, 18:04

There is also MTL installer package, by flib i think. I am lazy and always use that installer. Can find it somewhere on DXNetwork downloads.

Nightcaper
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby Nightcaper » 28 Sep 2014, 02:34

A couple of days ago, I has help from Poor (I think it was) in game on my server. It seems that I can set the initial augs through DeusExMPGame by using the admin command to set variables/properties, but the server will NOT recognize the DeusEx.DeusExMPGame section and its attributes, why this is I do not know. I already know that GamingDeluxe support will be of little help, their support doesn't seem to be aware of how Unreal Engine 1 (especially not Deus Ex) games work in a technical understanding. For now I'll just set it in the console command, and hope that eventually I will find out what's going on. Thanks for the help!

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: MTL - Having trouble configuring it - Postby TheWolf » 10 Oct 2014, 06:34

I once had this problem when using kenties launcher... now i dont use kenties launcher

Ingame: Sev

Return to Deus Ex