Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2

Author
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby anax » 27 Nov 2014, 18:50

Thanks but i don't think i'll make the small walls near the spawns any bigger, they match the size of the brushes in the original iceworld but i lowered the farthest edge a little to make sniper fights slightly more dynamic and to make camping behind them harder.

This version, beta #3 is basically the pre-final / final version for 0-Augs so for this particular version i won't be adding any bells 'n' whistles like water holes.

I will add the LAM back for the final Final version which will be for augs, possibly in a watery hole, so cheers for the suggestion.

Uh not sure about water drips, or snow particles, they might impact on fps rates for some players, sounds by themselves maybe would work, but probably pointless of you can't see any drips.

Keep the suggestions coming anyway guys, in the Aug version there may be additional tunnels with cabinets inside, one on each side of the map, accessible by explodable ice walls, possibly will make them shiny somehow, who knows!

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 27 Nov 2014, 22:53

Nice ideas Shadow.

and fappy the anti-masturbation dolphin :bwahaha:

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Nov 2014, 15:52

Snowflakes are pointless maybe, the map is so white already. I understand now why there is not greater protection at the spawns.

The water drips/echo drips is just a sound effect. Aug version will be good I think.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Nov 2014, 23:35

This is what I see.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 29 Nov 2014, 23:38

Sorry for being am idiot the other day. Getting health sorted atm and things I have to take, do and face in the process can send anyone a bit off the walls.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby anax » 30 Nov 2014, 00:51

Finally, i was thinking there was actually a visible difference without moving the camera around, but now i see it, i thought that was just a small error or delay in how the brush geometry was displayed on screen. Now that i know what the jittering means i can actually know what to fix.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby [FGS]Chees » 30 Nov 2014, 01:54

I tell it how it is Anax sorry to be rude or disrespectful towards you or other mappers but the same happens on the map DXMP_Basilisk recently posted. It happens on anything I map as well.

I would hold off telling others what I said but what I see does not lie in my eyes. Maybe there is a bug in UED that sets them off grid like this hence why i stated before, a UED on grid tool would be a good calling if someone could code such a thing I have no idea.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Nov 2014, 04:44

In that example, I would fix it by clicking on one of the subtract's corners until the red cross sits on a corner. I would also check in both X and Y axis of 2D viewscreens, that it is on grid.

Can't wait to play this map.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_IceWorld_2 Beta 2 - Postby anax » 30 Nov 2014, 14:34

I have no reason to tell anyone about your response, even at the time, it's all forgiven mate, don't worry!

The download link was ammended 2 or 3 days ago so Machete and Sev should have it on their servers already, or soon.

i'm 5 days late for releasing the aug version, procrastination is a bitch :) been playing more than mapping the last 3 days, but that's a good thing considering the recent increase in activity.

Return to Deus Ex