Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Dxmp_IceWorld_Beta4 [NOT for hosting] Need help with texture

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Dxmp_IceWorld_Beta4 [NOT for hosting] Need help with tex - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Dec 2014, 02:11

ShadowRunner wrote:Cylinders are a problem, although I previously thought they had to have more than 4 sides to cause trouble. I think it is because cylinders don't actually fit to grid properly. The way to use them I think is to keep the red + in the middle, inside the brush, not to snap it to a corner/vertice. It's the first thing I would try. I've been told this by a few mappers and generally I try to avoid cylinders.

I went through this with Chiny a long time ago on Hengsha I think. But he said if I'm right if used in grid 8/16 it's ok. When I checked it was not on grid no matter what unit was used. (map sent) Then he did what I said and the BSP dropped alot on rebuild and fix
I refused to believe as nothing would fit to a cylinder and if used that way it would the be off grid and BSP errors like players dying or trapped in a bsp like the one in Hengsha in the Hive room I told you about Shadow.

I try to avoid using them but if i do I middle snap and vertex edit each outer point to grid not matter what size it is whack it in grid 1 and vertex edit it to the nearest grid point. Had no problems since when doing it this way.

Return to Deus Ex