Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Dec 2014, 03:37

The Hong Kong 2028 City map is progressing. It originally started as a Cozmo map, but could be a Hengsha map or just a city for Die's server or some other RPG.

Tonnochi Road does not fit inside the Canal map. The dotted lines show how the canal map will be curved around Tonnochi Road.
The straight red lines show where I will move the canal road collapsed area to join with the other canal road map (Garage).
The only parts left to add are MJ12 areas.

This map shows how the Lucky Money is under Tonnochi Road and could connect. It shows the walkway to the lucky money club which passes through the middle part of the canal map, when it is moved into position.

The major work left to do
- add MJ12 areas
- Expand single player vents and areas to fit for MP
- Create elevator shafts for the MJ12
- Recreate the canal that separates the market from the mall
- non-solids
- decoration
- sounds
- zoning
- lighting
- movers

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby TheWolf » 04 Dec 2014, 07:08

Can you put player run shops in as an option along side bot shops? I think it might encourage more roleplaying.

Ingame: Sev
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 00:45

Sure, this is a great idea. Do you want to give details. A shop like LEE infinite party? Locked, guarded, player operates kiosk window, cool stuff inside the shop?

The only thing the original SP city lacks really is accomodation, there is just Jock's and Maggie's apartments.

I have been working hard on this map and have now merged the canals and have a basic layout. I had the option to add the tunnel collapse and MJ12 labs, but have decided to focus the players in the city and free up some resources for a better map. There is still an MJ12 facility at Tonnochi Road. I will have an elevator under Versalife with a construction site beginning, the MJ12 statue is just beginning to be built.

A working title for the city is COZMO_HK2028.

What has amazed me is how perfectly the single player maps fit together, I've only had to widen one street and only because I was saving a lot of time. Some maps fit so closely you get the feeling they were designed to connect originally and I get the impression that Tonnochi Road was some kind of revision, 2nd idea.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Dec 2014, 02:22

If I can help on this let me know Shad I will side swipe my current non RPG map to one side.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 17:26

That would be great Chees.

The editing problem seems to be lighting it without crashing the SDK, the map isn't quite ready for lights.

Even though the single player maps are done, there is a lot to be done still. The canal area and Tonnochi road need a few shops and houses. I need a player-run shop in the mall and one in the market and then houses in the east and west canal area.

I had the idea for player-run shops, that these could be Cozmo houses for sale. I decided use Cozmo, to get the city done and running, but it could use Hengsha or some other RPG in future. No-one would get lost in this city as it is pretty much identical to the single player maps.

The only real change so far to the map is that the Tong compound is a public area now and the recruiter is stationed at the entrance to the Tong base underground and some passage ways in the map have been opened up. I'll upload the map later on.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Dec 2014, 18:25

Sounds cool mate cant wait for the release of this.
PM me if you want me to work on it and state exactly what you want me to do if so.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 21:00

At this stage is it ok if I continue public discussion? Some of the ideas so far are very good and Cozmo/Poor input is always good.

Here is the map. Anyone can download and either play in SDK or cheat/fly

http://www.filedropper.com/cozmohk

As you can see I have merged the canal map and made it fit now. The streetfront above the underground mall, along the canal, is missing and there is a new space near the Versalife elevator which needs filling in. Also all SP vents are still SP size. It crashes if you add lights, because the 4 map areas are not blocked off and the map is just one big zone at the moment. Some sky and map edge work is still needed. Tonnochi Road connects the same as SP, in two places.

There's something really cool about being able to play a triad war on the SP environment.

- My plan was to use the Canals music.
- Player run shop in underground mall, not Quick Stop, new shop
- Player run shop in market, the one with a space for a side door
- Use houses for player run shops, so players have to buy them.
- Add shops and small explorable features to all 3 canal streets
- Add houses/hotels in Tonnochi, Canals and Market area
- Leave Canal Road until last, any spare brushes can go there and perhaps connect VL or Canals.
- Plan was to reduce the amount of skyspace as much as possible but retaining the skyscraper look.
- Outside areas zone lighting with real lights for signs and etc. Indoors to use as much real light as possible
- For Police station, the market station is very small, I am not sure where jail and police HQ should be.
- A transport network involving tuktuks could be cool

All yours! Good luck with this... if you need me to finish it off a bit more in terms of map edges and basic outline I can.

Last edited by ShadowRunner on 05 Dec 2014, 21:04, edited 3 times in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 21:00

doublepost - Thought about Atrey's helicopters but there could be same problem as FT with massive fps drop when players are on skyscraper roofs, if anything I would reduce the sky level, to make lighting easier. But so far keeping it looking like SP is good.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby [FGS]Chees » 05 Dec 2014, 22:08

We should keep this private with what we do and post what we do after we do and talk about it. Will look tomorrow at the map Shadow

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby anax » 05 Dec 2014, 22:11

Didn't the view from the Versalife building look out onto Tonnochi Road? or was that just because the Tonnochi skyscrapers were used out of lazyness for the out-of map area of Versalife???

edit: many memories of setting messing around with ghost in SP skyboxes! :bwahaha: i remember setting playersonly and spawning rockets in the skybox and then pretending Versalife was under attack from them.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: HONG KONG CITY RPG BIIIIIIIIG MAP - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 23:05

anax wrote:Didn't the view from the Versalife building look out onto Tonnochi Road? or was that just because the Tonnochi skyscrapers were used out of lazyness for the out-of map area of Versalife???

edit: many memories of setting messing around with ghost in SP skyboxes! :bwahaha: i remember setting playersonly and spawning rockets in the skybox and then pretending Versalife was under attack from them.

There's a special texture for that view from Versalife. "HK_CITY_AA" which is not in HK_Versalife.utx. It is in CoreTexSky.utx

I notice if you visit VL after HongKong_Storage map, MJ12 commandos are patrolling the offices, pointless battle but fun.

Return to Deus Ex