Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

attention plz

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: attention plz - Postby synthetic » 24 Oct 2015, 02:19

Actually.. if you are using sweetfx or one of the other similar tools, i think that one came with its own renderer? That might potentially be the issue, but I've never really looked into it although I run sweetfx for another game. first figure out if you can get new vision to run in a stable manner without any enbs or postprocessing tools, then can add whatever you want on top of it and figure out what causes the problem. for troubleshooting can probably disable hdtp as well but I am assuming you've read through their info already. I dont know if they ever updated hdtp problematic meshes but there was at least 2 (mj12?) that almost guaranteed a crash.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: attention plz - Postby Tidus » 24 Oct 2015, 02:52

well its a fresh installment from deusex so i dont have a cache folder yet.

i tried setting the framelimiter to 60 and turn on vsync but i always get 200+ frames so huh dunno. even in the revision.ini files i set it to 60.. did i miss something?

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: attention plz - Postby synthetic » 24 Oct 2015, 17:52

Nvm cache part im not sure sp even has one, probably my brainfart there. I dont know about windows10 but Vista,7, and xpSP3 don't like changes to programs, although steam version of NV should probably count as "official". Make sure you install it somewhere outside program files (ie c:games or whatever), and then you have a choice of either using crapton of small fixes potentially all the way to tweaking bios, or simply use kentie's exe.

With kentie's exe you've patched old game and with correct installation location you've hopefully avoided some write access issues. You'll also be able to reduce the size of your GUI so it scales with the resolution instead of remaining a massive blob.

If you have anything newer than the unsupported XP, go for kentie's d3d10 renderer - assuming you have dx10 or better card. He has some information on his website about what settings do and even pictures of DXSP.

I haven't installed NV after the official release, but I imagine it's still just the textures and maybe some map replacements. It's installation should work fine with the above-mentioned.

Now, if all these things are working fine and you are not getting massive amount of GPFs, you can consider some SweetFX release, but you'd have to look around what seems to be best for deus ex. If there is some issues with renderers at this point, there may be some alternatives for injectors. One of the things you can already do is override game texture quality settings from your control panel and force highest quality settings from there.

If at this point you are relatively happy about how the old game looks, have some nice light effects and no major bugs, you can try downloading some 3-4 or how many hdtp packages they had. They look considerably different from the old ones and may not always be to your liking, but iirc you were able to enable and disable at least the human replacement options.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: attention plz - Postby Tidus » 24 Oct 2015, 22:01

Oh yea kenties exe.. i remember that one. i had it a few years ago and liked it. why did i not think about that.

well after i put in the directx10 renderer it was fine already. kenties exe is not needed for revision mod at all cuz you can customize everything in revision itself except the framelimit which was my problem.

After i set deus ex to the directx10 renderer the gpf where gone and i did not encounter one so far.
even when the game is loading it shows the chapter and a little image now and thats all because of the directx10 renderer. weird that it didnt came with it but im glad i can finnaly play it without gpf every step i take 8-)

Thanks man =D>

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: attention plz - Postby synthetic » 25 Oct 2015, 02:25

yeah i know its not needed but its just easiest way to patch potential gamespeed issues, and comes with HUD fix for SP. Good to hear you got it to work.

Return to Deus Ex