Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

[MAP] What if...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

[MAP] What if... - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Dec 2014, 23:39

...they had stuck with the original Deus Ex script i.e. flight to a passenger liner like 5th element, then the moonbase with a female AI, not sub base and ocean labs as we all know.

Well I added the subbase and ocean labs together, connected them all up so it's not linear and got stuck in with moon.utx.

Originally it was a DXSG map, you can see the ring transporters and "27" base I have made, but it has now grown to RPG size. The one thing I don't have have is oxygen failing outside or hazmats working.

I also have created a transport system and here is a video showing the unfinished mover without doors:
http://youtu.be/XPWPEZnJkd0?list=UUA7eK ... mPr0z-60Kw

Not sure what to do with this map, maybe it should be a co-op map, RPG, big DXSG map I don't know. Cozmo_Moonbase?

Here is the map anyway: http://www.filedropper.com/dxsgmoonbasebeta52 no custom textures as far as I can see.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby anax » 06 Dec 2014, 16:36

Nice work!

Damn i knew there was something up there, JC must be owning Gray aliens right now.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby ShadowRunner » 13 Dec 2014, 15:52

Trying to get a logo sorted, the big globe is earth, the little globe is the moon and the big "C" is supposed to be the moon's orbit. Maybe someone can do this better. It would be great to get Poor's universe into the map too, a hybrid map with double the fun, mixing shop styles and etc, but I couldn't think of a name.

I think I have figured out how to make the airlocks open and close like airlocks...

Don't know what the max time for a mover is, but earth hopefully will rise during the game...

Huge progress in the map, a few more sessions and it will be prebeta playable. Some basic errors, but I think it is because I haven't finished placing all the RPG stuff. It should be ready to show Cozmo soon. I'm joining the "Red Arrow Mining Co.". The map is a little different from any RPG city so far, it's not a city, it's relatively not linear and of course, there should be low gravity. The windows in the base are fun and I am trying to add as many as possible, so people can see action in other sectors.

Atrey if you finish the BEE as a chopper, I can add this to the map.

Last edited by ShadowRunner on 13 Dec 2014, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Dec 2014, 16:23

Wow this looks amazing. Cant wait to play it. \:D/
Cant help on the logo as I have only ever made that billboard for Undead Revolution in Hengsha. Anax might be able to help you.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby Poor » 14 Dec 2014, 08:02

ShadowRunner wrote:Don't know what the max time for a mover is, but earth hopefully will rise during the game...Image

Couldn't you set the skybox to rotate?

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby anax » 14 Dec 2014, 08:14

I can help with that indeed, also that Earth looks amazing.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: [MAP] What if... - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Dec 2014, 00:51

Anax, that would be amazing. This is what I have so far. Typeface is Denton. I can upload it, but it's not very good for a Cozmo moon logo perhaps.
I don't know what I was thinking when I did the Red Arrow sign, it's not red and there is no arrow.
There's the library, police, accomodation and a few more locations as well I haven't made any signs for.

A Cozmo moon logo would be great as a player skin, really funny. One for Poor too, team Poor and team Cozmo lol...

Poor, I didn't know you could do that, sounds like a great idea. It's currently a brush inside the skybox.

I wanted the moonbase to include both Poor RPG and Cozmo RPG and anything else, I thought the map could have a Cagematch and menu shops, as well as Cozmo shops and player shops, but if not, maybe it's better to work with Chees on the Hong Kong 2028 map, because there is PR value with the hengsha augs and SP Hong Kong all in one server on one map.

First thing though will be Hengsha Aug Server, fight maps custom and classic with Hengsha augs, then RPG and other stuff as soon as there is time. I should be able to help with donations and hosting for things like altfire, ww2, Hengsha Augs from January. If I am only hosting one or two, I could probably host moonbase and Hengsha city at the same time, if launched on different dates. edit:

I think earth is looking a bit 1960s :)

Return to Deus Ex