Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been busted)

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby synthetic » 17 Dec 2014, 18:20

I have been unable to properly test GPU acceleration but the new ANNA detects any CPU speedups very reliably, more reliably than perhaps even FPS speedups. The latter is not necessarily an issue because the FPS counter does show on the board as well. No reliable testing information on CE yet.

How and to what extent the what appears to be GPU acceleration affects the game is still not very clear at this point. It takes pretty intense fights in atdm for it to happen.

96-101% DT seems normal, I also got the very rare 105% and 95% sometimes. These will likely be the average normal values for a modern pc with maximum patches and tweaks applied.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby Ermac » 20 Dec 2014, 23:48

ShadowRunner wrote:Ermac, welcome to FGS

thank you :roll:

ShadowRunner wrote:If I run at 90fps the monitor gets hot, so I run at 75fps.

What kind of monitor are you using ? :oops:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby anax » 21 Dec 2014, 08:43

i have a Samsung SyncMaster T200 monitor, 1680 x 1050 res. Which replaced an old CRT monitor yeaaaarrs ago. It was for my old desktop which is now unused.

After say, 20 mins, it gets very warm. Mostly i just use it to extend the desktop so I don't have a ton of crap on my screen. DXMP looks sexy in fullscreen though. :)

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby ~Blade~ » 05 Apr 2015, 18:38

OH MY FUKIN LOL XD

Friedman wrote:There is only a SINGLE way to resolve this conflict....

Dani vs Synthetic FINAL SHOWDOWN

place your bets on my paypal account

WTF Fried where you been?????????????????????

Thanks for the LOLs today guys, hope you're all doing well.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby Ermac » 05 Aug 2015, 19:40

UP

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby synthetic » 05 Aug 2015, 19:43

Well, Ste and Sike at least made demorecs of me "cheating", dani didn't have skills for even that. Tbh I think he created this whole deal because I kept calling him emo when he was in my clan. I still think hes emo, tho.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby anax » 05 Aug 2015, 21:52

I think a portion of the weight laid against you was from players not realising, at firsthand, that Alex's server with the DT rating or whatever it was called, was there for testing. I managed to understand the relation between gfx settings/hardware and DXMP a little better from playing and seeing others play there.
Yet I don't remember Phant ever stepping foot in there, I wonder why :bwahaha:

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby synthetic » 05 Aug 2015, 22:03

nah, i sorta recall seeing phantom there. helped us figure out to what extent dt helped or didn't help. Eventually it came down to toggling game speed so fast that it beat DT fix, so while you wouldn't be able to contstantly shoot a torrent of bullets for long, youd still get a bigass burst in. Doesn't really matter anymore. Alex and Deja did their best and I explained previously somewhere that you can patch any game only so long: some people are patched through this innovative method called ban.

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby Ermac » 06 Aug 2015, 09:39

synthetic wrote:Well, Ste and Sike at least made demorecs of me "cheating", dani didn't have skills for even that.

I'm glad you made that admission.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2015, 11:18

Last I heard, Darko uploaded demorecs of you (and everybody else) cheating to planet deus ex. Whats your point?

If I had to count 3 top cheaters in past years, your name would come up 3rd, why do you even bother posting here? You should be quietly ashamed of yourself and farming gold in runescape or something. Besides, a young handsome italian being hometrained by two 40-50yearold men makes me a bit worried about your chastity.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby anax » 06 Aug 2015, 11:39

Ermac wrote:
synthetic wrote:Well, Ste and Sike at least made demorecs of me "cheating", dani didn't have skills for even that.

I'm glad you made that admission.

nOT sure if you understand the use of the quotation marks around the word cheating, xD

synthetic wrote:...you can patch any game only so long: some people are patched through this innovative method called ban.

Sadly it's the best method. Cheaters admitting their faults and downing the tools of the trade is more desireable, but seems we have to do it the easy way.

synthetic wrote:Last I heard, Darko uploaded demorecs of you (and everybody else) cheating to planet deus ex.

we're all getting banned by warren spector, Darko uploaded 100 blurry sshots and called them films.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby synthetic » 06 Aug 2015, 15:22

Well, patching the game vulnerabilities was important because a completely normal player on a completely normal computer would end up cheating (breaking game mechanics by playing on a computer the game was not designed for).

Cheaters here could've been put into 3 categories:

Unintentional cheating (most important to get rid of, game is completely broken if this happens on a large scale as seen in non-mtl and later also on MTL servers)

Intentional cheating (basic cheats and vulnerabilities, community can aim to patch the vulnerabilities they use and ban the players upon detection)

Advanced cheating (I have argued that the length it is possible to take cheating today is not necessarily reasonable to even attempt to patch; knowledge of vulnerabilities used for advanced cheats is important, and community efforts to patch something of this difficulty are all nice and dandy, but banning should be the ultimate solution here, upon detection; knowledge is a must for detection)

Why I created such a fuss already some 5 years back was that DXMP had reached the 1st category where unintentional and intentional cheating was widespread and most who did not have old computers (quite a few) or didn't know how to properly set up the game (very few) were effectively cheating, some noticed it others probably didnt. This is years 2010 2011 especially 2012 and 2013. This is a generalization and while we can have some random guess of who used the engine vulnerabilities before those years, it probably doesn't particularly matter anymore. What matters is to understand the situation.

edit: If you paid attention to who Phantom is socializing with (especially if clanning with) then you were able to predict quite accurately who cheats or is very likely to cheat. This applied to entire NKZ, FPS, and whatever clans they made. At least part of BB was likely to cheat, argue or not. As a preventive measure you can ban entire clan for promoting cheating and as a consequence you discourage the players from doing so, and may even get some of them to play fair. For example, I recruited circa 4 or more cheaters from NKZ. Out of the 4 that pop to mind, I believe I succeeded with 2, and failed with 2. Overall, 50% converted from cheating into fair play is more than 0%. And no, I didn't knowingly let anyone cheat in HVM regardless of their past. I had no reliable proof that either Dani or Kiki were cheating in my clan, and rest is history. Since the latter was defending Phantom by saying he never cheated, I have to assume he is or was just as likely to "not cheat". While Dani left, the latter was kicked.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 10 Aug 2015, 03:34

Woah I completely missed this thread, I'll read it once I got some time off, looks exciting lol.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby TheWolf » 10 Aug 2015, 05:29

hacker

i see now

not fair paly

y use hacks????

animal hakerr

Ingame: Sev
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Ken Alvarovic, the great lie. (The Estonian has been bus - Postby anax » 10 Aug 2015, 05:43

TheWolf wrote:hacker

i see now

not fair paly

y use hacks????

animal hakerr

Y SO NORT FAIRPLAYU

Return to Deus Ex