Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

UED Projectile

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 17 Mar 2015, 23:52

Never looked at these before. Anyone know if Projectile, sub menu, DeusExProjectile, sub menu, Rockets...any of of the 5 in the list work in sp/mp mode and if so how would one set them up? and only then work once via button/switch until the map restarts?

Any help on this would be great thanks.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: UED Projectile - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Mar 2015, 00:03

Projectile thingy works in MP, but needs setting up, otherwise it just fires itself repeatedly and quickly, which if it's a LAW or super-rocket etc will lag/crash everything. GODZ_Horizon_Beach has cannon that you can fire, linked to a switch. Sorry, I don't know/forgot how to set one up.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 19 Mar 2015, 00:16

cool thanks for posting something.
I was gonna use the cannon thing from Castle map but there are no gravity settings on the projectile so misses the target if hosted on Altfire. :roll:

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 20 Mar 2015, 00:57

Turns out it's the exact same thing I was using and again no gravity setting for it. hence the problem of where it explodes.

The Projectile/ sub menu rocket and so on.. I have tried to set up with trigger and dispatchers an so on and try all change settings to no end result.
Made something that kinda works for the map in MP but not what I was aiming for. UED sucks for things that work, more so when it comes to MP not much works from UED unless you can recode the b**ch to do what ya want and work in mp.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby anax » 21 Mar 2015, 07:49

Ah at first I couldn't quite grasp what the problem was, but now I am thinking you could use invisible non-solid zones each with different gravity settings. (Unless Altfire modified gravity overrides ALL other zones... :o )

Ste used custom zones like this to subtly increase the jump of players to reach the higher part of DXMP_Drydock.

So long as most of the desired path for your projectile is not reachable by jumping players it should be safe to build a zone with new gravity settings in the zone info actor, so that the projectile hits it and does not just float around due to Altfires native low-gravity.

Alternatively you could possibly do this with Teleporters, by placing one teleporter actor in front of where the porjectile spawns, but orienting the direction of the destination teleporter downwards somewhat so that it takes a steeper path. :-k

Put them close together so the projectile doesn't actually look like it's teleporting at all.

Teleporter 1:

URL: Tele1
Event: Tele2

Teleporter 2 (Destination):

URL: Tele2
Event: <BLANK>

This is all assuming that it's possible to fiddle with the collision properties of both the teleporter actors and the projectile actors in such a way that the teleports will only work on projectiles!!

Also the projectile may jump back and forth between them, but hopefully not if you leave the EVENT property of the second teleport as blank!

I'm too lazy to figure that part out right now as I have been up all night finishing up the pre-finall stage of DXMP_IceWorld_2 :bwahaha:

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: UED Projectile - Postby Poor » 21 Mar 2015, 19:20

Don't rockets go straight? Is your rocket arcing? Are you placing it directly in the map or are you using DeusEx.ProjectileGenerator?

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Mar 2015, 03:11

All I did was place an actor from Projectile, sub menu, DeusExProjectile, sub menu, Rockets...any of of the 5 in the list.

Like Shadow already said they contentiously explode in the map an we both not sure how to set them up...let alone move!
I have tried dispatchers, triggers and messed with all settings in the lists to no avail yet.

As for the Projectile used in aka Castle map it's what I want but has a problem...No gravity setting/function so used in both zone settings 0 grav/normal grav setting will hit different place in the map than intended. I'm not %100 sure but dam sure the Altfire server or any server with the same settings will bypass/override everything to server settings anyway if I did what you said Anax.

I have done something else for this map but might be helpful if there is an answer to this UED Projectile, sub menu, DeusExProjectile, sub menu, Rockets...any of of the 5 in the list...issue that others may try to use and find the same results in the future.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: UED Projectile - Postby Poor » 22 Mar 2015, 08:51

This map shows how to set up a ProjectileGenerator to shoot a projectile when triggered. Gravity doesn't affect rockets over practical distances so this would work in altfire too.

http://www.filedropper.com/projtest

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 22 Mar 2015, 16:08

Thanks Poor it's exactly what I was after but now get this error when it hits a breakable wall. it does the same thing when i host it in server but crashes the whole server and shuts it down.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rn5sb58vl ... jerror.jpg

I might just go back to what i had before and forget about all this as it seems to be much hassle for something simple.

Poor
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

Re: UED Projectile - Postby Poor » 23 Mar 2015, 06:12

Don't give up so easy! I can tell from the recursion error that your mover is doubled, the map is bugged. Can probably be fixed by deleting and re-adding the glitched movers. The for certain way to repair a corrupt map is to export the level as text (File->Export Level) and while the map is still loaded, import the level you just exported as a new level and rebuild everything.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: UED Projectile - Postby [FGS]Chees » 23 Mar 2015, 14:29

Thanks again Poor. Seems to have solved that error. For some weird reason there were several movers that had doubled.
UED didn't like me this past week! :-D

Return to Deus Ex