Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

a small turret question plz

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

a small turret question plz - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 May 2006, 21:28

I discovered that my turrets DO work...I had put the east and west computers in west and east, so it seems a turret is not activated, but the other side of the base somewhere a turret is working lol...I think I will leave it like that. I think tactically ppl would do that in real life. Players will only realize the turrets work, if they explore properly...

So I will add turrets to a high security wall around Escape From New York as well and fix the turrets on my other maps.

But I was wondering about DXMP Hold the Bridge. Yay or Nay for turrets?

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 May 2006, 15:47

nay hold the bridge is perfect (well sorta) without turrets

turrets would just ruin the map because it would be annoying...

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 May 2006, 17:05

Thankyou.

So I have another turret question. Have you noticed they are more powerful on [A]Server? And maybe on some other servers?

On GODZ you run up to most turrets and multitool them, in the CMD Lobby it sounds exactly like someone ran in and died, if you are quick enough, if they come through the door before you finished, well chance it, melee snipe them or lie flat on the floor under the turret and they will run past you, assuming you died under the turret, they will think the camera is alarmed by people from the roof, if you are lucky and good at being dead...not like me...can't keep still, I'm always sure they sussed me...

I tried it on Stargate and died badly a few times in the lobby.

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 May 2006, 20:04

yes i have noticed that... lol don't know what the hell kind of stradigy that is tho... i stay away from lobby and i either snipe or fight outside... i have come to h8 being at 27... i don't know why but i think i don't lik it because if enemy has gate then you have to go out of ur way to get to the base... so i nolonger hold the base i stay outside till sumone dies in the base and i don't let them go bac in the base...

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 May 2006, 23:40

yes being at 27 can be counter-productive when a team-mate is running around using nukes in close quarters...

Return to Deus Ex