Maybe it's not as dead as I thought...

Ingame: Sev
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby anax » 26 Jul 2015, 19:28

In addition to that, we've been having a few decent games for about a week now... And you've put TACT and Cozmo servers up which, regardless of gametype, will bring some players back to the game.

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby ShadowRunner » 09 Aug 2015, 23:54

I would really host Hengsha if I knew how. I'm also missing WW2, Cozmo.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Aug 2015, 16:29

Shadow you forgot how to host? Or is it technical issues preventing you.? All I wanted this year is Hengsha hosted, It's epic even if it's unfinished. Remember being admin and full control of the server a few Christmas 's ago while you were away and spending all my time walking round the epic map. Great times. :D

(Only logged in as admin to reload it when needed b4 you start bitching lies about people Darko!) :clout:

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby TheWolf » 10 Aug 2015, 18:19

I could swap out hengsha for cozmo.... but someone might get mad at me even if i do manage to get a hold of it

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby [FGS]Chees » 10 Aug 2015, 19:03

Great idea Sev =D> please do. If Shadow can pass what you need then smash it on the server list bro :-D

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby synthetic » 10 Aug 2015, 22:39

Been playing with anax some days, found someone in 0a today who can play at my level.. price apparently. If I am serious about dxmp future, serious about clan wars or duels or clans in general, I'll lobby for banning cheaters, but in truth.. as far as my own solo games are concerned, I don't really care. There aren't many who can give me a challenge and cheaters make for good practice. If I have to choose between playing against someone who I can easily kill vs someone who with his speedhack or bot or whatever actually proves to be a challenge.. yeah. Tbh its fun to fight even phantom sometimes, which doesn't change the fact that keeping them unbanned has killed dxmp faster than time itself. So yeah.. responsibility vs personal fun.

edit: technically, there is even a solution to darko-issue. Step 1) remove all spectate (FGS doesnt have spectate, check) Step 2) install old alpha forced respawn mutator

:-D

Worst case, he'll walk around without weapons like fullnoob used to, but at least can kill him

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby anax » 11 Aug 2015, 01:59

synthetic wrote:edit: technically, there is even a solution to darko-issue. Step 1) remove all spectate (FGS doesnt have spectate, check) Step 2) install old alpha forced respawn mutator

Worst case, he'll walk around without weapons like fullnoob used to, but at least can kill him

Agreeing with this option for darko on most serious servers.
I might take longer to decide on such a set up for my next server from NFO. I should be able to have 4 or more virtual servers on VPS, not sure who will support the loss of spectator mode.
On one hand it takes away the option to bug decorations and fly around with them in spec as Wicked has been doing, and forces Darko-types to play.
On the other, you get to watch from another player's persp while AFK or otherwise unable to to play, and can check up on cheaters.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby synthetic » 11 Aug 2015, 02:03

well yea but youre mixing up normal serious gamer server and darko-enabled server. Can advertise it with some "darko inside" sticker or something.

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby machete » 11 Aug 2015, 02:05

synthetic wrote:Been playing with anax some days, found someone in 0a today who can play at my level.. price apparently. If I am serious about dxmp future, serious about clan wars or duels or clans in general, I'll lobby for banning cheaters, but in truth.. as far as my own solo games are concerned, I don't really care. There aren't many who can give me a challenge and cheaters make for good practice. If I have to choose between playing against someone who I can easily kill vs someone who with his speedhack or bot or whatever actually proves to be a challenge.. yeah. Tbh its fun to fight even phantom sometimes, which doesn't change the fact that keeping them unbanned has killed dxmp faster than time itself. So yeah.. responsibility vs personal fun.

edit: technically, there is even a solution to darko-issue. Step 1) remove all spectate (FGS doesnt have spectate, check) Step 2) install old alpha forced respawn mutator

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I think I already made a very similar post.

You, me and price make up what's left of the cheat-free "top tier" in DX and we're a small percentage compared to the remaining players so we should always be prepared to put the community first. If they want the cheaters gone, we'll support it.

Even if we can't take DX seriously anymore (which I can't say I do), we still have to do right by all the other honest players.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby anax » 11 Aug 2015, 02:26

synthetic wrote:well yea but youre mixing up normal serious gamer server and darko-enabled server. Can advertise it with some "darko inside" sticker or something.

good idea lol.
FGS and other servers would stop being darko-inside, if Noodz and other admins put Advban, like Sev's and mine, and used it for 2 or 3 of the the 2-4 problem players we now have. Phantom being top candidate for outright ban, unless a server can be arranged for you to fight him head to head. Darko, Wicked and Norse being the other 3.
Norse is a decent player but he's rude and whiny as fck, and will sui LAW in any augged server. He literally would not be put in any such list if he'd just shut the *loving* hell up. He's mentally 12 years old, like Wicked is.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby TheWolf » 11 Aug 2015, 05:57

Insert an ignore feature and ban Darko from forums so we can permanently ignore him

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby synthetic » 11 Aug 2015, 17:34

anax wrote:
synthetic wrote:well yea but youre mixing up normal serious gamer server and darko-enabled server. Can advertise it with some "darko inside" sticker or something.

good idea lol.
FGS and other servers would stop being darko-inside, if Noodz and other admins put Advban, like Sev's and mine, and used it for 2 or 3 of the the 2-4 problem players we now have. Phantom being top candidate for outright ban, unless a server can be arranged for you to fight him head to head. Darko, Wicked and Norse being the other 3.
Norse is a decent player but he's rude and whiny as fck, and will sui LAW in any augged server. He literally would not be put in any such list if he'd just shut the *loving* hell up. He's mentally 12 years old, like Wicked is.

No idea who wicked is, but Norse doesn't really talk bs, just plays homo half or most of time. In terms of whining I think you can ban most community before you get to norse. You were riling him up yourself that map. In atdm its down to server host to figure out whether suicide attacks are sound strategy or unwanted element, then can repress his gaming style according to needs.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby ShadowRunner » 14 Aug 2015, 20:20

[FGS]Chees wrote:Shadow you forgot how to host? Or is it technical issues preventing you.?

The Wolf wrote:I could swap out hengsha for cozmo.... but someone might get mad at me even if i do manage to get a hold of it

There is a version which has been hosted, but which lacks drivable vehicles and the security lasers/cameras FF recognition thingy. I made an edited city with different roads for drivable vehicles and passed this to Poor, so all I really have is the old hosted version. I know Poor got the vehicles working but I think a lot of other work had to be done and the mapping on this new map wasn't finished either.

Since then I now have DX and SDK issues to solve first and I am not sure I can host Hengsha by myself, when it comes to command line and having everything I need, I am not sure I did ever have it all, because Poor had tight security etc. If I could get it hosted on a test server and it worked, I would pay to host it on a new server. IIRC I think Poor would prefer to host the Hengsha fight maps and other fight maps with the Hengsha augs system.

I also have a Cozmo_Moonbase in a fairly advanced, almost finished state, but was having the problem of jail release dumping people in the wrong place. I'm also unable to open DXSG_Nexus. I haven't fully tried to fix all these issues yet though.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: So this happened last night! - Postby TheWolf » 15 Aug 2015, 01:40

Does cozmo and hengsha save previous games? The best idea would be to make an RPG server with all the RPG maps, but need to know if it saves progress

Return to Deus Ex