GEP IS A NOOB GUN!!!

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 28 Jun 2006, 16:06

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Well said Magus, there is nothing better than taking ppl out with pistol, kives and darts, when they are firing army weps at you...

Pistol is the most effective wep to silence anyone calling you a noob, but when it's laggy pistol is very tough against assault weps...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 28 Jun 2006, 18:19

ok here is the ideal weapon choice for an expereiced player for the most part depending on the map, sniper, pistol or DTS, and any assault weapon i prefer useing sniper, pistol or throwing knife, and DTS mostly because assault is not accurate and shotgun is not powerfull enough unless at point blank range i do not play in servers where u start out with lvl 1 skills unless i am training my snipeing skills

"Without deviation progress is not possible"

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Y U GUIZ ALWAYYS KILL TEH HOOKERS IN MY BASE???!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Jun 2006, 13:00

Kothar - I disagree with you about DTS and assault gun.

Firstly some players are skilled enough to last 30 seconds in a small room against a guy with DTS....and kill him. EVen in an ambush situation, DTS does not guarantee you a kill and if the guys behind him back off, you'd better change weps or run quick...

Assault gun is simple if you use it properly.

1. Unless the target is right next to you, stop movingfor a split second , let the cross hairs centre/close, then open fire, moving the rifle slightly left and right, he will die at even very long ranges...even you can start moving again slowly, once the cross hairs are centred. But without strafing and using the crosshairs, yes assault gun is almost useless beyond melee with experienced players...

This was an aug battle yesterday that i joined half-way through. I used 90% pistol. The enemy used 90% gep or 20mm. I died mostly for four reasons.

1. The guy waited till my speed aug ran out.
2. He speed augged, making it very difficult to shoot his head, even a couple of times he got lock on me and I was finished.
3. Lag rendered my pistol useless and I ran out of ammo.
4. I ran out of ammo often and was too far from a crate.
5. I am not used to select weps AND skills at the start of a game, I need to learn the numbers...on smuggler this is crucial, some guy blasts you before you even draw your wep, cos u busy choosing skills.

I could mostly deal with the gep, but not the 20mm.

I learned alot about augs from this battle, when you are "invincible" you have to remember this is only gonna last a short time and you had better be prepared to defend without energy/ammo of your primary wep...
But I start to understand Deja a little, if not his methods. Augs is very complex and requires alot of tactics and thinking and skill, and agility and flexibility, you need many different plans to deal with one threat...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 29 Jun 2006, 19:20

ok maybe i should have made that last post a little more clear i choose to use sniper rifle a pistol or throwing knifes depending on my lag and the map, and a DTS i said that an experienced player will normally choose a sniper any pistol type weapon (lik crossbow sawed off shot-gun, ect) and a DTS or any type of assault weapon (assault rifle, assault shotgun, ect) now i am not saying that that is the only thing you should choose because u can "tactly use flame thrower and depending on the map u can use plasma rifle but under no circumstances aug or no aug GEP is not a "tactical" weapon it is a cheap one shot one kill gun with no skill involved a one shot one kill with a sniper rifle involves skill because u have to get a headshot but with a gep u hold the crossheirs on them for about a second and shoo and he is dead no questions asked i use GEP when we have made an aggrement that we can use GEPs but in most fights GEP is just annoying yes i did use GEP in my last fight but the diffrence is that we had a newb who was just starting to learn so we taught him the importance of augs... lol

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 29 Jun 2006, 20:30

Almost every experienced aug player will tell you that in an aug game, a GEP is not a noob weapon. When I was in g3, Messiah told us that it is best to start off with a GEP, and he had some aug setups that catered to using the GEP.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Jun 2006, 23:15

Thx for sticking around Kami...

Yeah "WiseGuy" was doing pretty well with gep...

I started off really well with pistol, but once the initial shock of nub+pistol = mayhem and carnage wore off, pistol was insufficient...

And Mr gep won the day...but not without augs...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 30 Jun 2006, 09:29

I think rather the dx community likes it or not, Like any other gun the GEP has it's place... This gun is, from what I can tell, the most disrespected gun in the game, and I don't get that. When I played, I often used the gep, in the same format as a sniper rifle.... If i knew I couldn't hit them with the rifle, I used the gep. But I will admit, it does have it's way of being very annoying. but either way, I think it belongs in the game.....

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 10:20

well if it it does belong, then combat knife kills look all the more skilled...

Kothar
The Warbeast
The Warbeast

- Postby Kothar » 30 Jun 2006, 13:36

ok fine if GEP is not a new weapon then tell me how any skill is invloved with killing, keep in mind GEP has a scope

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 15:27

errm I think no wep is particularly nooby, it's all a question of ethics.

If u want to impress someone, dont LAW the enemy spwnroom. but used around a corner at point blank without dying LAW can be very impressive.

Same with Gep, I think the most impressive players will use a different wep for consecutive kills. If someone just only 20mm's throughout a game, then yes his skill is questionable, but if he 20mm's and kills five guy in the elevator, like your lamtossing hobby, then next kill is a headshot and then next kill was combat knife and then next kill was darts...then I doubt anyone would not be impressed.

The exception would be of course lam planting on stargate and locking the base. There was a guy owning bad today by planting, I joined and locked the base and then planted in all his areas, then in the lock room, he never got the base back...the vents are very handy, hardly anyone uses them anymore...Lam planting doesnt get good PR, again ppl plant on the gate or the spwnrooms, that is nubbery, but behind a cagelight is pure genius...and makes gep a very useful demoliton wep...

Kamikaze
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Kamikaze » 30 Jun 2006, 16:40

Am I the only person who finds the LAW to be the funniest weapon in the game? Even when I get killed by it, I can't help but laugh for some reason.

Reaction
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Reaction » 30 Jun 2006, 18:41

same actually, its rediculously too powerful, but you cant help but love it

[align=center]
~ Chris ~ Reaction ~

Image[/align]
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Jun 2006, 20:24

Kamikaze wrote:Am I the only person who finds the LAW to be the funniest weapon in the game? Even when I get killed by it, I can't help but laugh for some reason.

Pepper Spray comes a close second...

I do laugh at some guy LAWing the Area51 tower, but when my team is LAWing the enemy that is standing next to me, it's funny only once...or twice.

m45t3rs4d0w8

- Postby m45t3rs4d0w8 » 01 Jul 2006, 01:28

I usually use the following three:

Assault Rifle or Shotgun/Dragon Tooth Sword, Pistol/crossbow, GEP/Sniper Rifle

Assault weapons are basically like a DTS, best at close range.

Pistol is excellent for good head shots, crossbow is more fun and challenging. Nothing like loading a person completly full of poison.

GEP for room clearing if heavy Lam use/Ambushing, otherwise Sniper Rifle.

Remember what I did to you Kothar with GEPs? LOL! I bet you are STILL pissed off.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2006, 17:31

Xbow is psychologically effective, nobody likes losing their med and knowing they will die if another dart or two hits them... it gives ppl a deadline.

Pistol is the best wep in the game, if it is not laggy, then I'm screwed and assault weps make more sense.

Kothar - another factor that affects assault weps of course = crouching while centering the Xhairs...but dont let that sniper get you...

Return to Deus Ex