Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

New Botserver rule?

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

New Botserver rule? - Postby ShadowRunner » 08 Jul 2006, 21:51

A bot battle with about four human players as well, strange...they left before the scores displayed...if only I did this on GM...

I was on the Drunkard's Botserver and some guy (not Drunkard) was running towards players witha rifle, but threatening to ban ppl including me, saying "Don't teamkill! New Rule! Drunkard says so and so do I!" and that kind of thing. The irony is, on botserver other players look red in the crosshairs and bots look green, so I hardly felt I was teamkilling. Anyway I talked some sense into him and he's only threatening to kick people now. I went back to the server later and players were all shooting each other again...and nobody complained about it. Also I played a game with Echelon and we agreed not to shoot each other, but still in the frenzy of battle there were plenty of accidental kills and woundings...

I like the admin's idea, but there is no warning in the start message...and my crosshairs were red on other players... I can see a bunch of new players getting kicked or banned and wondering why...

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

- Postby Elemental » 10 Jul 2006, 06:51

let me see if i understand this correctly.. you made this post because you can't teamkill.... isn't that just common sense? lol.. I was wondering when I would see a post like this...... i haven't found anything to laugh at in about 2 weeks now. :lol:

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 10 Jul 2006, 10:49

Elemental...dude...Botserver is DEATHMATCH....not team mode...
Read again...other players appear RED in the crosshairs. There is no team.
But the admin is suggesting Human players should not be allowed to shoot humans :roll: , and all humans must work agains the bots only. Usually people just shoot who the hell they want. Perhaps you have never seen the botserver? My first ever server I went to, it took me a couple of games before I realized they weren't spammers but bots...

but can u imagine a server which bans or kicks for shooting at red xhairs?

A not particularly interesting post though I admit.
"Noob" and I had no problem shooting each other...

Return to Deus Ex