Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do.

Author
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 01 Jul 2016, 00:24

Ermac There are loads of players left just real life and things stopping us playing DXMP @tm. Seen Altfire almost half full this year . Have faith :matrix:

Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby Ermac » 01 Jul 2016, 15:27

[FGS]Chees wrote:Ermac There are loads of players left just real life and things stopping us playing DXMP @tm. Seen Altfire almost half full this year . Have faith :matrix:

The summer is good for dx. We'll see.

The second rpg is hosted by hey.
Don't ask me why.
I have no clue why he is insisting on playing in his home server, moreover with the buggy minimtl233 :/

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 01 Jul 2016, 23:22

Each to their own I guess.
Will be around more later this year when I can get my life back on track again. I maybe do some fresh maps/projects.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby ShadowRunner » 18 Jul 2016, 23:33

Cheese and I are going to surprise you all with zombie outer space hengsha WW2 maps, featuring giant augmented lobsters.

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby Vexus » 27 Jul 2016, 13:41

ShadowRunner wrote:Cheese and I are going to surprise you all with zombie outer space hengsha WW2 maps, featuring giant augmented lobsters.

Dope.

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby anax » 03 Aug 2016, 14:02

it looks like Hey is hosting again, rough estimate of players i've seen _throughout_ a span of a month would give solid, psycho, hey, mango, phant, fear, masta, kai, sev, carlos, and myself, no doubt other auggers may be aliased to avoid trolls.
edit: Even Nobody plays occasionally, afaik he hardly used to play at all between mid 2000's and 2014~XXXX but he's not an augger so obviously it's not relevant right :alc:

We need to not attach a giant red flag to DXMP to say it's either dead or alive, that's been pointless ever since the Gamepsy shutdown. Ultimately the fact of the matter is servers are up and ready but just with a tiny number of players, who do indeed check the servers and play when they feel like it. For 5 years its been in such a way that most "high" activity, as best we can get, occurs either randomly or from pre-arrangement by players who are actively communicating in some way.

FAO mango, others - i like that you call 0augs a "mod" because you dislike mods just that much, when it's a simple slider to set augs from 9 to 0, awarded skills and augs to 0 and level to master, it's like the argument against binds lmao, it's part of the game!!
It's pretty hilarious to see players denounce Carlos' server just because it's modded.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... 7HeRxU.png

Mod or not, 0augs brought players to DX in the 2000's when it really would have died far sooner than it did, the ignorance is astounding rofl. I'm so glad I grew out of my anti-mod phase, I still like ATDM more and still think it's more "deus ex" than a mod server, whatever such a nonsense statement is supposed to mean. - But unless there is an aug game happening what else do you expect players to gravitate toward??

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
CarlRoberts1996
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby CarlRoberts1996 » 03 Aug 2016, 15:40

anax wrote:it looks like Hey is hosting again, rough estimate of players i've seen _throughout_ a span of a month would give solid, psycho, hey, mango, phant, fear, masta, kai, sev, carlos, and myself, no doubt other auggers may be aliased to avoid trolls.
edit: Even Nobody plays occasionally, afaik he hardly used to play at all between mid 2000's and 2014~XXXX but he's not an augger so obviously it's not relevant right :alc:

We need to not attach a giant red flag to DXMP to say it's either dead or alive, that's been pointless ever since the Gamepsy shutdown. Ultimately the fact of the matter is servers are up and ready but just with a tiny number of players, who do indeed check the servers and play when they feel like it. For 5 years its been in such a way that most "high" activity, as best we can get, occurs either randomly or from pre-arrangement by players who are actively communicating in some way.

FAO mango, others - i like that you call 0augs a "mod" because you dislike mods just that much, when it's a simple slider to set augs from 9 to 0, awarded skills and augs to 0 and level to master, it's like the argument against binds lmao, it's part of the game!!
It's pretty hilarious to see players denounce Carlos' server just because it's modded.

Mod or not, 0augs brought players to DX in the 2000's when it really would have died far sooner than it did, the ignorance is astounding rofl. I'm so glad I grew out of my anti-mod phase, I still like ATDM more and still think it's more "deus ex" than a mod server, whatever such a nonsense statement is supposed to mean. - But unless there is an aug game happening what else do you expect players to gravitate toward??

Couldn't have said it better myself.
SERVER HAS MODS, AHHHH IT COULD BE USED TO HACK ME, NOT ORIGINAL, PLS

You will behave like a jackass. That's an order you bitch! Weehee.
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 03 Aug 2016, 18:49

anax wrote:edit: Even Nobody plays occasionally, afaik he hardly used to play at all between mid 2000's and 2014~XXXX but he's not an augger so obviously it's not relevant right :alc:
LOL, jajajajaja! :bwahaha:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby synthetic » 03 Aug 2016, 21:09

anax wrote:it looks like Hey is hosting again, rough estimate of players i've seen _throughout_ a span of a month would give solid, psycho, hey, mango, phant, fear, masta, kai, sev, carlos, and myself, no doubt other auggers may be aliased to avoid trolls.

Ion Storm had the self-esteem (or was too stupid, pick one) not to release 0augs, hence it is a mod. CTDM with augs set to 0 is insane gep and shellfest to the max, indicative of unbalanced/unintended gameplay.

0augs: common and hugely popular shooter formula that kept our game alive far longer that it perhaps should've, was impacted severely by the launch of each new AAA shooter title, and has practically nothing to do with Deus Ex the Game. If I don't know this after all the time I spent playing 0augs, then who does. There are probably equal number of debatable similarities between DXSP and Stargate as DXSP and 0a.
It is important to question, however, whether this pointless debate even has any significance. Any stings towards 0a tend to be emotional retorts rather than indicating any practical suggestions. Plenty people didn't like atdm OR 0a, so they went to play something else they liked. I think a whole 10 people liked bowen's mod, too.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby anax » 03 Aug 2016, 23:01

synthetic wrote:Ion Storm had the self-esteem (or was too stupid, pick one) not to release 0augs, hence it is a mod. CTDM with augs set to 0 is insane gep and shellfest to the max, indicative of unbalanced/unintended gameplay.

I didn't realise this was the case honestly, by release do you mean include it as one of the defaults on the slider?

It is important to question, however, whether this pointless debate even has any significance. Any stings towards 0a tend to be emotional retorts rather than indicating any practical suggestions. Plenty people didn't like atdm OR 0a, so they went to play something else they liked. I think a whole 10 people liked bowen's mod, too.

Everyone would benefit by either not playing or playing what they want to and ignoring trolls, i suppose the practice must simply be in remembering who the trolls are, certain italian, croatian, and french players spring to mind... Their opinions would hold worth if enough people were active. Post GS shutdown we should just play what we wish to, work with others on improving what's left just for ourselves, or otherwise ignore them when they have no argument beyond "i hate X gametype."

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
Ermac
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby Ermac » 06 Aug 2016, 13:52

synthetic wrote: Ion Storm had (...)

Augs play a crucial role in the Deus Ex.
Obviously, you can make music on a keyboard with only 2 notes but the melodies are by far more poor.

The slider begins at 1 with Infinite Bio Mod (basically, you have to manage the regen only), then ATDM to finish at 9 with BTDM.
(I'm very sorry that this ends up at 9. I said it already but a FTDM-FullTeamDeathMatch- with all 20 augs provided by the game would be awesome!)

In my humble opinion, a mod where you don't need to activate the augs isn't the Deus Ex Game or it's a residual DX game.
This kind of mods are more avatars of the classics games with DX skin.
0a is an avatar of games like UrT,CSS,COD,... and i must admit that these last games are far better in the gameplay, the graphics,... (like synth. had correctly stated about them).
Altfire is a avatar of UT99.
I don't know about others mods since i've never played them.

Nevertheless, these mods are very usefull for Deus Ex.
0a teaches you the specific use of rifles and its behaviours but players who stopped at 0augs were missed essential things.
You miss a lot!
DX with the augs is the top of the mountain. If you stop before, you can't see the nice panorama which it gives you.

(I hope one day a Triple-A studio will do a fps with augs on a modern engine. This day will come since people will maybe get bored by the classic ones.
That said, it comes. I saw recently an fps with invinsibility like the cloak in DX.
The force of these games is they are close to the reality. They have a high degree of immersion.
For example, in MW3, you are a FNG like in a movie.
But DX is definitively registered in the Future. I know it's a bit paradoxal but i mean its clothes are old, not his body :]
We have now to be patient.)

Each player is free to play, to love the mod instead of the original DX game of course.

I'm maybe sad to see that only mods have been played over the last months and not the original one.
Sometimes, I join these modded servers to find a kind of DX spirit but i am always disappointed at the end and the frustration wins.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 Aug 2016, 14:55

Ermac wrote:Augs play a crucial role in the Deus Ex.
..so do super-rockets! :alc: 8-[

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
[R]MeskY
BUG
BUG

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby [R]MeskY » 04 Oct 2016, 20:30

Add me on steam / pretty much any platform drop me and a few others a PM and we can play together :)

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Gonna kill myself soon. Wanna play some DX before I do. - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 02 Feb 2019, 10:55

You can choose ot beat DX1 without installing any augs

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0

Return to Deus Ex