Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Imperials application to join

Author
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Imperials application to join - Postby Imperial » 08 Aug 2006, 09:19

Here we go:

1. your DX-Nickname (also your real name if you want) -Imperial, imp and so on in that fashion
2. why you want join? - To belong to a well established dx community and play alongside the members of fgs who I respect.
3. you must accept our rules - Of course always :)
4. Post a Demo (not 100% required ... we do ask if we want) - Can get you one if you badly need it.

Other Information: Am planning to set up a training server soon for all the dx community and also perhaps a dx newsletter which will be funny yet factual at the same time.

Was leader of dxc up to my departure recently reason being I wanted to try something new.

Thats it :)

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 08 Aug 2006, 12:23

Hey there!

You wouldn't mind showing a demorec, would you? doesn't have to be long, 2 minutes maybe?

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 08 Aug 2006, 12:34

No problem :)

I dont recored much so Ill have to make one lol.

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 08 Aug 2006, 18:20

Demorec as requested :)

EDIT: The extension dem is not allowed :roll:

EDIT EDIT: zipped it.
Attachments
2 (zip).zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 543 times

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 09 Aug 2006, 09:26

Any news?

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 09 Aug 2006, 14:24

I've seen it, but its not my decision. What i can do, though, is give you a few pointers on your gameplay...

• Try to use meds often - just try to remember that there are other meds in the map, and in a map like DXMS_Iceworld, using meds sparingly isn't the best tactic
  • I'm not sure if you know about the reload bug, but switching weapons and then back to the original weapon refills the weapon cartridge - this should be used with assault rifle/shotgun if you plan on sticking around
  • Be aware of proximity triggered grenades - I saw a few times that you strolled right past several gas grenades, too focussed on the enemy to care that they would go off - if you shoot their grenades, their vision will become blurred at least, so sniping will be out of the question for them, and will save you a lot of health
  • Just personal preference mostly, but maybe the pistol isn't a good choice of secondary weapon for you - try the assault rifle more often, you might find it more rewarding

Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 09 Aug 2006, 16:24

KK, thanks for the tips mate, appreciated :)

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 09 Aug 2006, 22:35

rpmg wrote:Any news?

yes

Welcome in FGS :wink:

Should i change your Forum name to Imperial?

pi/100*1337=42
Imperial
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Imperial » 09 Aug 2006, 22:43

I got in? YAY!! :D :D
An honour to be part of the clan, you wont regret it :)

And yes please, if you can, rpmg-Imperial, cheers.

Thanks again :)

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 10 Aug 2006, 10:43

Jon wrote:I've seen it, but its not my decision. What i can do, though, is give you a few pointers on your gameplay...

• Try to use meds often - just try to remember that there are other meds in the map, and in a map like DXMS_Iceworld, using meds sparingly isn't the best tactic
  • I'm not sure if you know about the reload bug, but switching weapons and then back to the original weapon refills the weapon cartridge - this should be used with assault rifle/shotgun if you plan on sticking around
  • Be aware of proximity triggered grenades - I saw a few times that you strolled right past several gas grenades, too focussed on the enemy to care that they would go off - if you shoot their grenades, their vision will become blurred at least, so sniping will be out of the question for them, and will save you a lot of health
  • Just personal preference mostly, but maybe the pistol isn't a good choice of secondary weapon for you - try the assault rifle more often, you might find it more rewarding

Excuse me... are you encouraging the abuse of bugs?

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 10 Aug 2006, 10:45

Why yes, I am, my good fellow - If its there, use it... if you don't regularly use the reload bug whenever you play, I'm very impressed

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby Magus » 10 Aug 2006, 10:49

I've never used it in my life. The only bug I can seriously admit to using is the crouch bug.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 10 Aug 2006, 10:54

I've never heard of the crouch bug :shock: . The only bugs I've heard of are the ladder bug :?: ( I don't know how), the lambug (I never use) and the reload bug (the one I do use).

Return to Deus Ex