Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby synthetic » 03 Jul 2017, 18:44

Details & Guidelines for Clean Games

Event Details
Title: Summer 2017 DXMP Games
Time: July
Contact: any forum thread advertising this event or contact me directly
Format: 20min TDM, best of 3 maps - 4v4 (min 3v3 max 5v5 depending on teams)
Prize: You get to play organised matches in a game that died years ago, we will publish screenshots/demos but there won't be a public ranking
Server: Available best quality servers in EU/US (I'll try to establish contact with some hosts, others can contact me or teams directly)
Gametype: ATDM, 0a (or privately agreed upon mods/CTDM between individual teams)
Voice: voice chat for teams is recommended, but im not sure we can arrange a server for everybody

Config Details
Player
Exe: kentie's exe (works fine with steam)
Renderer: D3D10 or oldschool Dohnal's OpenGL for the vets that cant play with D3D10
FPS cap in exe: 120 or lower
The exe and said fps cap serve the purpose of providing stable and fair performance in a 17 years old game prone to break with new computers. If people notice you are speedhacking in the matches, you cannot claim to have been unaware of the fix. This here is the fix. Use it.

Server
Server mod: ANNA for 0a, and while I would prefer ANNA for ATDM as well, we may end up having more disagreements than is worth the time spent on arguing. Reason why I recommend ANNA is ensured classical feel of the game, whereas MiniMTL has changed many more things, leading to a different game feeling. Here is not important whether that is an improvement or not.

None of these rules are enforced as nobody can come and hold your hand and check whether you have set the caps and executable, that effort will be on everyone's own conscience. I expect majority of the players in majority of the teams to follow these guidelines just fine, I can only really think of a handful of noobs for whom this game is too hard to play without cheats, even after decade of trying. In this event we won't turn noobs away, everybody is welcome.

Signed Teams: [LAN] Law-Abiding Negroes (psycho, me, dani, clix, ???); [ ]

Last edited by synthetic on 03 Jul 2017, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby synthetic » 03 Jul 2017, 18:50

And a little description:

Couple of the players have been sitting in empty servers over the last week or two, and turns out that there are others still occasionally checking in as well. One player finds second, and soon we had up to 8 players in ATDM, 0a. I know for a fact that there are many more players than that who would still like to enjoy a game of DXMP, but who don't know there are games going, let alone the possibility of arranged match akin to clan wars.

This event is posted here on FGS forums with the idea of rallying readers to find 3 friends that used to play DXMP and sign up here or contact anyone in my team (psycho, dani, me, clix - all 4 of us have different contact circles making one of us easy to find for you).

I would prefer not to have completely randomly and forcibly formed teams that can't play together, but it will be up to everybody to figure out. Ideal is probably current or previous clanmates, or friends in general. Find one social guy in your circle that can represent your team and you're golden.

For those who are very bored, I am trying to convince Phantom to assemble his own team, probably consisting of 100% cheaters. My team will play them if he find the people, but nobody else will be forced to do so.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby Psycho » 03 Jul 2017, 22:36

Some nostalgic fun. Having arranged matches is the best way for us to get decent games. There are some good new players like Mit, who wants to get better at MP but hasn't had the chance to develop their game at all because it's been dead. If us experienced players play even a few maps a week between these games then they'll get more game time, and hopefully the game can keep on going a little longer.

Duke
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby Duke » 04 Jul 2017, 06:15

I'm in i guess.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby synthetic » 04 Jul 2017, 20:32

I am currently trying to figure out what is the best way to get as many teams as possible in working order. I guess we'll just have to get the word out to the specific social players that have their own contact networks. Like, I can think of many names, but its harder to figure out who is going to get them or inform them or put team together. In FGS I can only really think of Masta.

As for you duke, you can think of 3 friends to play with?

Also, I think I am not going to push getting 5th, I'll keep my team at 4, so that whoever we might've picked as 5th could represent another team perhaps.

I think that if someone REALLY struggles with finding 3 friends, then finding two will somehow work as well. Likewise, if someone really wants to push for 5 faces, other teams can probably invite additional forces for specific matches. For reasonable, not to small, not to big match we want to aim for 4v4.

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby TheWolf » 05 Jul 2017, 07:49

I'll play but I don't have the time to hop on at the same time as you guys... Maybe if it rains (not likely looks like a drought year).

As for the US servers I contacted you on facebook but here works too. Just send me links of maps to install, the newest version of ANNA which shows the FPS on the scoreboard, etc. Whatever you want.

Ingame: Sev
deviant
BUG
BUG

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby deviant » 05 Jul 2017, 21:48

I will be willing to host multiple servers and a teamspeak for us to use if this actually happens. I run my own servers across multiple games so hosting isn't a problem

redgaming.ddns.net
Hit me up on there.
:mofu:

TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby TheWolf » 06 Jul 2017, 07:27

I have a whole bunch of newbies I can get on... But you have to go easy on them. None of the usual tryhard competitive MLG metabolic end product. Relax, start them off in 0a, talk to them, give them tips, give them binds, etc.

Ingame: Sev
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby Cozmo » 06 Jul 2017, 17:56

Sure, I'm up for playing (both atdm and 0A). I'll need people to group up with though!

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby synthetic » 07 Jul 2017, 23:10

@Cozmo didnt you use to play with Sonny? Maybe you can team up with him and find 1-2 additional faces. You and Sonny combo would be able to carry your team through regardless of who you find

@Sev Rusty and-or new players is why I don't want to put lot of emphasis on ranking or score, but to keep team morale up you should probably get at least one heavy gunner in. Also, since you probably are thinking your US server, the ping advantage should work great against even experienced euro teams, as long as they have some experience in other shooters

Im also thinking about how to arrange some other teams of players that dont have 4 for team, what Id really like to avoid is grouping teams of players that dont even know eachother, worse if they dont like eachother. Teams of friends/acquaintances should be preferred.

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby Khaamilus » 08 Jul 2017, 02:24

I would be happy to play this game again and join this kind of event. Need to install DX and find some free time to remind something about... :-)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 Jul 2017, 00:44

A very constructive and commendable topic we got here. Just carry on! =D>

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby DaniSaggenza » 09 Jul 2017, 10:16

Khaamilus wrote:I would be happy to play this game again and join this kind of event. Need to install DX and find some free time to remind something about... :-)

If you don't have some fresh version of DX you can get the MP version here.

So far, players up for this event for now seem that would be something like:

Ex-HVM: Ken, Psycho, Clix, Me
FGS: Cozmo, Khaam
HK: Hey*, Anax*, Ricci*
AB: Sev, Duke

(Players marked with a * means that I've seen them around the game or I'm not sure if they're up but I think they'd like to have some action).

Sorry if I forgot any name or I wrote someone that at the end is not up for the games, regardless, I still encourage everybody to join the event since it might be interesting, hmpf.

About timezones with american players, we should discuss it so we might be able to find a couple of hours to play with them, we are in holidays and I have nothing to do, I mean, I could stay up until late for some days, idk about rest of players :p.

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby anax » 09 Jul 2017, 20:20

I'm in! I can get Revenant (TCN Buttercup) to come along too. if we have an 0 aug game I'm sure Kai would be interested

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Summer 2017 DXMP Games - Postby DaniSaggenza » 09 Jul 2017, 20:58

anax wrote:I'm in! I can get Revenant (TCN Buttercup) to come along too. if we have an 0 aug game I'm sure Kai would be interested

Yeah! Tell them to come aswell, there will prob be a 0A game aswell, anyways right now we are more likely seeing who would participate.

Return to Deus Ex