Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A new DXSG map :) DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

A new DXSG map :) DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter - Postby ShadowRunner » 30 Sep 2006, 03:05

To cut a long story short... I will be adding a secret base to Area51_TheDayAfter and then Jon can add some wep racks and fix some TV screens he didnt like... and then [A]Nobody will be adding his ring transporters...

... and "abreq ad habra!" a new DXSG map will be yours hopefully soon on DXSG server and FGS server.

So ideas, requests, suggestions here please...

Known issues already:

1. Lift shafts are too easy to fall into.
2. Some red lights dont actually touch the wall.
3. Energy rifles are hard to find in spwnrooms.
4. Map is big.

Let's make this the best one yet... oh and if any wanna make DXSG maps... then speak to [A]Nobody...

Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

- Postby Majestic » 30 Sep 2006, 08:56

Wow, I liked The day after already, but I will (probably) even like this one better. Good job guys.

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

- Postby Kuchcik » 25 Oct 2006, 21:39

I did play A Day After in the orginal version.

If this map gonna be hosted, server will need a huge promotion... This map is too big for a fine play whit 3-4 persons. To not waste time searching each other, there need to be at LEAST 6-7 persons in the server...

But DXSG really needs new maps, so good luck!

Jon
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Jon » 25 Oct 2006, 22:47

simply add a blast door to the top of the lift shaft. As for weapons, I'll sort that out along with weapon racks

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 01 Nov 2006, 15:38

Jon wrote:simply add a blast door to the top of the lift shaft. As for weapons, I'll sort that out along with weapon racks

Jon - Thanks...

Lifts - If they fall in from the top they will die... that's fine... but also on one lift shaft, only speed aug will get them out of the shaft, if they fall in at the bottom... but then I'm kind of happy about that, if people ignore warning stripes and fall in, serves them right... however shallow the shaft is at the bottom, it will still need some way for non-auggers to get out of the pit...

Wep Racks - I added them in all three spwnrooms already. Please make sure you are working with beta version 9.... or just add your own...

Weps - thanks... Since the redesign, I think it can handle 2 SCLAWS, one in the flooded lift shaft and one in the greazel room...There can be 2 nukes, one in the same cabinet as the CSLAMS in the secret base and one in the secret helipad room (in between the missile parts...) although this is mightily close to spwnrooms, perhaps it would be better to put a second nuke, somewhere deeper underground.

also because of the large size of the map, especially between surface and secret base, I put the 20mm in the tunnel with orange stripes... so players are encouraged to roam the tunnels and flooded areas...

PluKuckhick - DXSG is usually full or empty, so that wont be a problem. The map is actually smaller than DXSG_CMD...

Also we are working on a much smaller map DXSG_SiloTheDayAfter...
so DXSG will enjoy a variety of sizes...

Return to Deus Ex