Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Leaving DXMP

Author
BUG
BUG

Leaving DXMP - Postby DeathDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 03:24

Hello, my username used to be DeathDragon. I played DXMP frequently from 2011 to early 2015 but came back a few times after to see who was playing. I wasn't great at fighting and just hung here because it seemed more peaceful with many older players. If anyone remembers me then that would be cool since it was so long ago when I played (long for me anyway, I know this is nothing compared to most players).

I had lots of screenshots from playing and some custom maps but lost them since I accidentally deleted my old DeusEx folder with some disc cleaning software. I wish I still had the screenshots to post here :oops:. I recently played DXMP but players who I remembered best had gone (probably years ago). I know most players who are online now but miss players who I hung out with all the time (e.g. members of clans I had joined).

Im leaving DXMP soon, if you knew me please reply.

EDIT: I have left DXMP. Just removed some stuff from the post.

Last edited by DeathDragon on 07 Nov 2019, 16:00, edited 4 times in total.
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby anax » 01 Jun 2019, 15:44

yeetus deletus

Spoiler:
on a realistic note: get some help, dude. JFC

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 01 Jun 2019, 16:46

Sad if true. But we're still young. Ain't no standards that matter, life is existing any way you can while society is a bunch of people trying to be the same thing. Don't compare yourself to anyone and you will find your own providence.

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 03 Jun 2019, 20:03

Hello Death Dragon.

May I ask you what exactly you think its wrong with you? Ok I will say to you some basic facts:

1. Most new age kids just hang out around games anyway, they dont like sports or play outside anyway........ So do not think you lost anything, most kids go out at weekends, or something, so you didnt LOST so much as you think.

2. Yes you should talk to people, but good people, wrong people would just wreck you up, because in bad company you would try to fit in, and trust me you do NOT WANT to fit in, you need to find someone that likes you as you are.

3. Trying to be more people, well more people (not just you) did it in this game, so youre not only one. But dont worry, I hardly believe anyone actually does grudge to you.

Note: People in this game did way worse things to me and other people that knew me than you ever did to anyone. If your crime is to be more people, thats still better than cheat and insult people with other usernames as some did to me.

4. Having no sex till year 20, dude, many people did not have sex till 20 or more. Some want to find right person, so you worry too much. Relax and talk normally to people. Dont be scared, well we live in weird world with weird people, but there are cool people.

If you talk to someone and he says metabolic end product, just turn around and dont be sad and dont think on that...... Aint worth, next second is new second, next day is new day, dont think how bad past day was, think how cool next day will be or CAN BE. Do your best, dont give up.

I was competitive people never liked me much, but man I am here, I live, I train, I am more and more proud on me, and I played tons of DX instead to be outside. Still I have no problems to talk to people.

Mayb I give you advice? Try to find part time job, that will make you talk to people, maybe some job where people order pizza or something, something easy where you mostly find good people. Or maybe job in clothes store or something? That will give you confidence and people are mostly polite when shoping on fency places.

Just tips. And *love* it man dont think on scissors or some metabolic end product, stay cool and positive, you have only one life.

What have you missed? Drinking, going out? Bro, you are in 20's, you can still go out, drink, get girl, man youre talking like its too late, bro youre superyoung, dont drama, get some easy job, talk to people, then go TO BEST collage you can pass, do it, believe in yourself, let parents be proud on you, AND THEN GET SOME kickass job and be proud and happy.

Girls will come, sometimes when you dont expect, just stay positive, make your days happy, smile, be happy, be positive, do things you like, and most important be yourself.

You dont need 20 characters to be loved. People who dont like you when you act normal are just not people to who you want to talk. If you dont do anything bad, and someone is rood to you, DONT get another nickname, just move awqay and talk to other person because people who insult are just not worth.

As far as I see isolation is your own problem, that can be solved, you worry too much, stay smart, stay calm, smile, be happy, wake up every day happy and do good things, people say to good people good things happen, so be good person and god will give you good things.

And dont say crap, I know you probably since day 1 you joined to this game, and you were just fine with me. Please no drama :)

Deus Ex never died, maybe I am not every day online but I was always around, specially at 2011, 2012 and 2013, even after that I played quite a lot, so DX never died :)

Youre welcome man and stay positive, work hard, do good things, and good things will happen to you. Sometimes you have to work hard and do little steps in order to start making big steps with time. That is how usually works, give yourself time, and man youre still young, stay strong and be smart.

All best.

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 05 Jun 2019, 07:02

That's the society schema I mentioned to a tee ^

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby Kaiden » 19 Jun 2019, 02:29

It's interesting what other individuals got out of Deus Ex. I played it daily for years, and when I wasn't playing it I was posting about it on forums. I feel I learned a lot about human interaction, using the internet in general, toughening up to hate, troubleshooting, writing/language skills and more. Maybe I could have been outside playing football but I enjoyed what I contributed for the betterment of the community, and I still use what I learned. From ages 18-21 I dossed around in a similar manner on games etc but that wasn't sustainable; I learned to drive and applied for jobs until I got one I liked.

I remember the name Wicked although like you said it was mostly for trolling. It's interesting seeing the other side of AdvBan you don't consider when developing a server mod; ultimately it was needed because dynamic IP's were rampant, but it's a shame hosts used it as a permanent unwavering deterrent. I'm an avid believer in reform and pretty anti-permanent punishment, but I can imagine you were given plenty of chances on those servers you loved playing. I'd have suggested appealing them, I was anxious of forums at first and posted some dumb stuff, but you always read worse than what you write yourself.

Anyway my advice would be to keep yourself busy where you can, there's more than DXMP out there.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Leaving DXMP Forever - Postby anax » 20 Jun 2019, 02:11

Kaiden wrote:keep yourself busy where you can, there's more than DXMP out there.

THIS ^
try to forget about deus ex and do something else

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!

Return to Deus Ex