Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server

Author

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 18 Apr 2020, 18:21

I forgot to say that is possible to pass all levels in Cagematch alone. I did it before about 2 years. Its long walk since some levels are really hard with default guns, but with extra money its possible.

Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby Dark191 » 18 Apr 2020, 22:03

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Its ok, I am not mad guys.

What I want to say, my experience with Ayax is great, like always.I just dont get it, why people are mad?
I talked to him, I played with him many times, always positive experience, always nice to playeven for hour or more.
I just cant see the problem.

Do not forget that you can talk about little kid that just wants to pass that level and just wants to hang out with people.

About cagemtch I played with same or different person who was a lot inside, and I didnt had problems, he asked me always to change map.
Even if he is not around play that round, vote new round (if he is afk, he aint gonna vote), and new level comes, I do not see the problem.

Today few of us played constantly same level, but you know what they said about karma? Well since someone removed buttler mode, you can now harder pick money, and thus harder pass that level. So its karma in some way.

I repeat, respect is all, you dont know with who you play, may be kid, may be someone who wants good crew to play, may be someone who adopres this game, as I do, or similar. Its nice to pick words, you can hurt someone without valid reason.

Talk always solves all.

Read this post. I implore you to read this post before posting any reply :
DarkSpartan191 wrote:I don't think i gave you all the full story as to why I'm even this pissed at Julian(Ayax). I saw him at Cagematch a few days after it started. I was having fun playing The Nameless Mod with him. I kept coming on because the Cagematch map itself was fun, I didn't give that much thought to it. I came on some day later and saw that he was AFK, i tried to play a game but The Nameless Mod mapvote was still there. No worries, even tho that was a ruined match. I and Kitty were once playing on that server. Ayax joined and STOLE my stuff. I told him to give it back. He didn't. He used all of them up. The nameless mod mapvote magically appeared. At this point, it was getting really annoying. It really became bad on one particular day. I joined in and saw a player. Her game was ruined because of Ayax. We were trying to get some games up on there. For some reason, Ayax became pissed. He was shooting at us, calling us names and stuff. The strange thing about this encounter was that when we were about to start a new map, he was somehow able to kill us with the GEP Gun. Idk how tf this happened. Usually friendly fire is turned off. For this one encounter, friendly fire was turned on. HOW? he took out the GEP as if he knew it was turned on. Whatever the case it was, he fucked us over real bad. There was another game some days later, he was being an *metabolic end product way out*. There was a time when he tried to impersonate (Ra)Murr and spectacularly failed. I would include a picture, but i cant find it for some reason

You haven't seen this guy afaik. I've never seen you talk with this Cagematch NEET guy. How would you know what I'm talking about? One time i saw you on Cagematch, you were playing with me. Just me. You actually believe you can talk this out with that cagematch guy? Try to talk with him then come back. You'll see what i mean. This post isn't about mother£ucking Ayax anymore. This is some another guy that exists or Ayax, whatever you want to say. The problem is being dealt with as i speak.

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
DX coop (HX) server:
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby Kaiden » 19 Apr 2020, 12:20

It's an interesting one, I think need to bear in mind a few things;

* He's enjoying himself or he wouldn't keep playing. You can't dictate what people find fun.

* Votemap exists for a reason, if he keeps winning and you both have one vote on, that's bad luck. It's a 50/50 chance for your map to win (your preference) or his.

* Failings in the gamemode where i.e. teamkill supposedly comes on for no reason are for the developer to fix, I wouldn't blame the player.

It's obviously something that bothers you, I think you need a bit of perspective though and bear in mind it's one server on a dead game.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 19 Apr 2020, 13:04

After seeing that the game he picks is the one he made (somehow?) I changed my mind on the matter and think DarkSpartan should be banned for making this thread.

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby Dark191 » 19 Apr 2020, 20:06

Kaiden wrote:It's an interesting one, I think need to bear in mind a few things;

* He's enjoying himself or he wouldn't keep playing. You can't dictate what people find fun.

* Votemap exists for a reason, if he keeps winning and you both have one vote on, that's bad luck. It's a 50/50 chance for your map to win (your preference) or his.

* Failings in the gamemode where i.e. teamkill supposedly comes on for no reason are for the developer to fix, I wouldn't blame the player.

It's obviously something that bothers you, I think you need a bit of perspective though and bear in mind it's one server on a dead game.

Agreed. I did change my mind on the matter after meeting poor and having a discussion about it. I don't want him banned. He can do whatever he wants, i really never cared tbh. I only ever cared because some of players became disgruntled over his mapvote. I can let him have his fun tho.

RodNeySaLaMi wrote:After seeing that the game he picks is the one he made (somehow?) I changed my mind on the matter and think DarkSpartan should be banned for making this thread.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but i can tell you that guy definitely didn't make this map, it was poor. Someone just changed the name.

DXMP Server:
DX coop (HX) server:
Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby Dark191 » 19 Apr 2020, 20:21

I was putting off on posting this due to me switching back and forth on whether to post this or not. But here goes.
This is an Update to the First post made by me:

Sometime after i made the first post, I found Poor and Die. We were able to confirm some of the things mentioned in the first post such as team killing and map-vote mechanics. It is actually possible to team kill intentionally with certain steps, which I won't be divulging as to keep games fair. This cagematch guy was AFK. He still had his vote on. Some fun was had. We discovered that the 2nd round of the NAMELESS MOD was in fact, impossible due to the enemies on that level being strong as to needing a SCLAW to be killed. The Cagematch itself is a frame, which needs maps to be manually made for this Gametype. The maps don't come prepackaged with the Cagematch module.
Sidenote: as far as I'm aware, the maps seen on Atrey's cagematch server cannot be downloaded from any site. These are also possibly user made maps

After talking with Poor, I changed my mind. I understood where he was coming from and tbh, i agree. Banning this guy would be too much. He is having fun and I have no say in it. He can do whatever he wants. Also, considering that it was a dead game, i was caring too much about this. But some things needed to change.

Poor said these changes have the possibility of being implemented:
1. A mute function on Cagematch to combat abuse of the chat funcion
2. A removal of a certain feature within the game that could allow teamkill on the Cagematch server.
3. Adding of a new system that makes players have to vote after every match. This is to combat the votes that do not clear as someone goes AFK. (This was added)

As for what will happen to this guy, Poor himself said that he wouldn't be banning this guy.

Last edited by Dark191 on 09 May 2020, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.

DXMP Server:
DX coop (HX) server:
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: A teeny tiny problem on the cagematch server - Postby Kaiden » 22 Apr 2020, 01:44

Sounds like a positive resolution, knowing Poor I'm sure if he gets the time he'll be able to improve the quality of play to help everyone.

{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you

Return to Deus Ex