Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Post your screenshots

Author
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby Psycho » 23 Jun 2017, 21:23

I knew I was forgetting someone. DCSB were brilliant, all their players were machines. They were about when I was a complete noob and couldn't even get a kill against them. I think the core of TT were in DCSB? I used to really rate Trollied, but I don't know if that was because he played during a time I was metabolic end product. If I remember correctly N had never lost in a clan war, unless they did to REN? I can only remember Cyrus and Clix as the two great N players, but I'm sure they had a 3rd brilliant player. ZantinZuken as a 4th member was also pretty good for a while.

I remember bumping into Carnage on Urban Terror years back and he was mauling people on it. The two Poles him and Kiki were good guys.

My old laptop has hundreds possibly thousands of screenshots that I had accumulated on various devices since I was 7 years old in 02 :-D I don't even know where it is anymore, probably in my Dads. I'll upload some one day when I find it. I've got one where Darko is telling everyone that you're a robot Ken :-D Regarding Danny, I always remember the players from back in the day as better, but I suppose nostalgia does that to everybody. We had a good spike in DX in the early 10s, particularly augs.

Them Nkz games were good fun. In the Smuggler map me, lab and monkee only used pistols. I don't think in that war A!B had a set plan to target Phant. His game lacked any form of strategy after a while after his years of fps bugging which meant that in any augged clan war or 1vs1 he did poorly. I liked Phant, but he got far too obsessive and made the game less enjoyable for everyone. I never noticed how much of an advantage he had with the fps bug until I played about a year and a half ago with a capped 150 fps and felt so much faster than I had ever done. I wish it was active now, feel like I could be twice the player with actual functioning software :-D

Me and my friends went to a dance music event, and funny enough one of the DJs on the stage was Messiah, as Tempo Giusto. Thought I recognised the DJ name from somewhere, but only remembered where I recognised it a few days later. Fairly successful DJ now.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby synthetic » 25 Jun 2017, 02:44

Ste and Ricci were some of DCSB top guns, Hydro and Excel respectively, iirc. I never figured out who Player! was but he was *loving* good. Ste played other games at the time and I remember when he came back to DX after a break in 2004 or so. System and Onyx.. Conceited was there im pretty sure. Conceited had eN and Trollied had their TT at the time as well so 0aug scene would have some wars going. Probably highlight of the time was DCSB vs TT war. Splitter and Conceited jumped clans a lot at the time but usually went in pairs, so they probably managed to spent some time in DCSB. In fact, Im sure now that I think of it that Tom was there. Like I said, at some point all the skilled players still active in the game went there. And lab got his ass kicked out around the same time for aimbotting. :p I remember Mole telling me Lab was skilled player but went to metabolic end product after the cheating bs. In theory their roster was huuuge, in practice I only saw few of their names in the actual game. At some point they had lot of players that did not even play dxmp at all but played other games under the tag.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby DaniSaggenza » 15 Jul 2017, 12:33

Some of the action we had yesterday.

Interesting to see some names as TBD which I havent seen in like 4 years tbh

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby Majster » 01 Apr 2018, 19:21

I see you played in 2017. How is it now? I would try some 0 augs or Altfire. I have 2 days for, then I go for next travel (yes, the real life exists). 8-)

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby machete » 14 Apr 2018, 05:22

Psycho wrote:
machete wrote:
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:..especially the first one where I'm leading :-D :alc:

Hivemind probably had the GOAT 0A roster: Ken, Fear, Dani, Clix, Price, Kiki and me. I can't think of a clan that would've been able to touch us in a 6v6 or even a 4v4. Man, if only we were around in the old days..

Aw. Now I'm sad thinking about all the epics we could've had.

Fear, Ken, Kiki and Clix were all better pre-Hive. Dani wouldn't get anywhere near the greatest Spanish team, let alone the 0a.

Wtf is this post? I dislike Dani as much as the next guy but he was brilliant at his peak. He was beating all of us in HVM/BB/NVM for a while.

And then we learnt he was using various triggerbots, wallhacks and other metabolic end product (which made a lot of sense retrospectively) so it all became a bit of a moot point. But damn, he was good when he was cheating.

I guess you can't really count him as a legit player so he's probably out of the discussion of all-time greats. I just wanted to make the point that Dani was only "bad" if you look at it with hindsight and know that he was cheating. At the time, he just appeared to be getting better at a ridiculous rate and shredding everyone. He went from going 20-40 against me to almost the reverse within a year (which, looking back on it, probably should've been a bit more suspicious).

The only player who started playing this decade who really made an impact on any gametype was probably Price. That guy was insane but too emo to survive in a game full of veterans. Couldn't handle losing a single round.

Nobody even knew who I was before about 2012 when I started consistently playing with the same name. I used to play with a new name almost every time I played. I was frequently outscoring "big name" players for ages but I was kinda separate from the community itself (mostly intentionally) so I'll never be rated by veterans with a historical bias.

When I created my own clan in 2009 or whatever it was, nobody knew who the hell I was so people thought it was some sort of MIRK-tier newbie clan until I rinsed J (Shades and Duke), 4 (Majin, back when they actually had good players) and MTX (Biatch, Pingo, GuardianDevil, aliased Spaz etc.) within the space of a couple of months. I heavily outscored Ken in a game shortly after making the clan and he made a post somewhere on the A forum where he acknowledged that the clan was "actually good" or something. He probably still has no idea that was me. I flew under the radar massively. He was in FGS at the time and all this metabolic end product interested them enough to declare on us and they were a heavyweight in 0A at the time (Ken and Fear and then the traditionally decent FGS loyalists). Shame that war never happened really.

Psycho
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Afghanistan

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby Psycho » 14 Apr 2018, 12:52

I wouldn't say it's a historical bias. Players who played pre-2008ish were better than post-2008. The players who played over both time periods were better pre-2008. More servers, more players, more games, better quality of opposition etc.

I did post about Dani there after I hadn't played for a couple of years so I hadn't seen how much he improved. But I stand by what I said regarding the Hive players who were better than him.

I think Blade played after 2010, so he'd be someone who made an impact. Anyways you're rating yourself against the past based on hypotheticals mostly, why not rate yourself for the era that you were in.

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 14 Apr 2018, 20:21

Sadly I did lost some links to epic clashes from 2012, what is terrible loss, I hope I did saved somewhere on CD/DVD back then, it seems external links from this forum are not valid anymore, so sadly those cant be saved except I have saved them, or anyone else. That way I lost my personal record 51:0 on Sniperbox against 3 people, lost epix ammount of wins from 2012 where I lost only few matches whole year, including many clashes 1:1, and fights with Dani. In any case I found some nice moments during the years. There is much more pictures, I picked few for album.

It is funny how some people claim things about me, saying how they could not beat Dani, and in some topics they smile on fun servers. Guess what, I trained in those FUN servers, often several hours daily, several months to overcome cheats, and superbinds + connected abuses other had. So I do not understand how some people have honesty to talk about me, while I was one of rare who played with dignity, always on 200 % to match those who actually never should have deserved to have chance, because their fights were all but not honest, or natural. In any case I am that one who never complained, who worked hard and fought, those are results over the years, and yes, not all in 2012, those are from all servers from every year after. Have fun and enjoy in some cool memories.

Link is just to the album because there is no point to link every picture individualy:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103045539349671469086/album/6544367628457221777/6544367635238424354?authkey=CLWUuNKBpezEpAE

machete
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby machete » 15 Apr 2018, 08:22

Psycho wrote:I wouldn't say it's a historical bias. Players who played pre-2008ish were better than post-2008. The players who played over both time periods were better pre-2008. More servers, more players, more games, better quality of opposition etc.

I did post about Dani there after I hadn't played for a couple of years so I hadn't seen how much he improved. But I stand by what I said regarding the Hive players who were better than him.

I think Blade played after 2010, so he'd be someone who made an impact. Anyways you're rating yourself against the past based on hypotheticals mostly, why not rate yourself for the era that you were in.

He "improved" a lot. I started playing in about 2005 and I never played with more than a handful of people better than Dani after he went full cheat mode. But it's pointless discussing him now because it's impossible to tell what hax he started using and when.

Going off at a tangent about me was just ye olde timey reminiscence. Nothing serious. I don't care where I rank in an online game, never have. If I did, I wouldn't have spent so long aliasing.

I never really noticed a sharp decline in the standard of players. The peaks got clipped but the average standard increased. Like, now, for instance, there's no cannon fodder and the bottom nth has fallen off. We pretty much only have veterans playing the game. If you base your assessment on the average player, there's no way that this would be a weaker era than '08/'09. The average player from back then would get brutalised now. If anyone from that random influx of newbies we had at the end of last decade had wandered into the last game I played (organised on Discord last year), they wouldn't have known what the *love* was going on. It's an interesting subject from a purely philosophical perspective. Depends on whether you want to measure peaks or means.

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 20 Jan 2019, 13:10

DCSB was one of the best clans of the game. They had [BK]Amigo, ferdvds, Heat, Ste, Mole, pooeypants, Conceited, Splitter, Guerrilla, Saibo, Excel, Halfcut, Ddm, Reef, and a ton of old leets I can't recall.

[TT] had a lot of DCSB guys who later formed into [eNigma] [V] and [N].

<-(DD)->Darko

Nationality:
Croatia

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby <-(DD)->Darko » 20 Apr 2019, 10:51

Bro, I totally agree with you, but but it makes no sense to talk to those people. They all (nova days) using FPS raised to the insanity, and they constantly claiming they would brutalize old era legends. Dude they used insane ammount of crap and they could not brutalize even me on 60 fps........ Since they started to using fps over 120 FPS i must admit there is no single way I beat them on small close range fight. Its just impossible their frame rate is just way too fast. But its stupid to explain them, just makes no sense.

Specially its stupid to explain to Machete, he still does not seem to see any problem in superbinds where one click from weapon switches to medkit, uses it, and snipes last gun back up. For them thats normal..... Yes if you call that normal gaming, then sure even my grandma can brutalize nova days players.

Luckly I have some dignity and I have default setup. Legends are always legends, nova days or old day, nothing changes. Only perspective. I dont care who uses what, when I see cheater I put distance and then I can wish him a lot of happiness because he aint gonna have much luck with me. Not many people better than Dani? Well....... Machete, we both know how that ended for you, Dani, Solid and 3 more when 7 of you played against me alone and all lost....... 0:3 start, and mocking on me, and then lot of ragequits when I turned score on 13:11. Only one of 7 of you had break even score, and guess what that was not you, or Dani.

Anyway, I respect all people. I do believe ONCE you guys were legit, but that was ONCE. Upon a time :)

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 11 May 2019, 03:47

k

Anyway, I hear that a few DCSB & REN vets may be coming back this summer for some matches. Conceited, Clix & BFG. Hope to see some of yall playing and I'll try to catch those games as well.

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby Tidus » 19 May 2019, 02:24

Had some fun today again playing versus some guys but once the server switched to a DXAG map it broke down because you could not select a job.

Maybe those maps should be removed or the whole mapvote selector trimmed to some of the more known maps such as smuggler, A51, iceworld or whatever you can quickly pick up and play with 4 people.

:D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 20 May 2019, 08:41

Hey Tidus, welcome back! We have some private 0 aug games going in the EU 0 aug server away from hackers and trolls if you're interested. PM me.

You too Psycho.

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

!RVP!
BUG
BUG

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby !RVP! » 07 Aug 2019, 10:26

Anybody post on here still?

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Post your screenshots - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 31 Jul 2020, 00:11

pp

Last edited by RodNeySaLaMi on 31 Jul 2020, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
==================
Smell The Glove
==================

Return to Deus Ex