Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby synthetic » 31 Aug 2020, 05:00

I can think of Majestic by Sike and DryDock by Ste/Monkee (prefer DryD0ck version), but I don't have either map currently. Anyone can link me here? edit: and any texturepacks that came with them

Also if anyone remembers what maps used to be played in popular aug servers, that'd be great. I have Smuggles by JB already and remember Towers by Face I think, as well as TunnelNetwork by someone and perhaps not as popular DamnationAlley). Undecided about that Canyon map.

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Hey » 31 Aug 2020, 14:13

Hi Ken,

I have the following:

Majestic
Drydock (not Dryd0ck)
CathedralFinalEdit
Morbias
TunnelNetwork
Smuggles2_revisited
Refinery

It wont let me upload them here due to file size - is there a website you would suggest? (Discord might let me send files?)

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby synthetic » 31 Aug 2020, 15:16

Thanks Hey, that list is perfect. Some of those maps dont exist on the internet anymore, so uploading would benefit others too - gdrive shared link on some nonessential account or dropbox come to mind, but something like megaupload etc would also work for a while.

Dark191
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Dark191 » 31 Aug 2020, 18:07

synthetic wrote:Thanks Hey, that list is perfect. Some of those maps dont exist on the internet anymore, so uploading would benefit others too - gdrive shared link on some nonessential account or dropbox come to mind, but something like megaupload etc would also work for a while.

Can these maps be put up on Deus ex network Archives? I think that would be a better place to store these maps

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby synthetic » 31 Aug 2020, 18:13

DarkSpartan191 wrote:
synthetic wrote:Thanks Hey, that list is perfect. Some of those maps dont exist on the internet anymore, so uploading would benefit others too - gdrive shared link on some nonessential account or dropbox come to mind, but something like megaupload etc would also work for a while.

Can these maps be put up on Deus ex network Archives? I think that would be a better place to store these maps

I agree, but i dont remember how upload rights worked there anymore.

Dark191
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Dark191 » 31 Aug 2020, 18:53

synthetic wrote:
DarkSpartan191 wrote:

Try contacting the admin of DXN archives through the contact link posted in here, http://deusexnetwork.com/knowledge-base. It's worth a shot
As for what to do if no one responds, should deffo get someone here the maps and get them to archive them through google drive. I can put them up on my google drive if you'd like

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby synthetic » 31 Aug 2020, 22:02

I guess I can also decache them from your server, now that its appeared in the list :) But I notice that the map is Drydock - Ill take a look at it but I think its the old unfixed version

Hey
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Hey » 31 Aug 2020, 22:12

This should work - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ospvi1a4zip8aoz/file

Contains Majestic, Cathedral, Drydock and Refinery.

The others are on the [A] file archive.

I've put in some of the textures, if i've missed any please let me know and ill upload them too!

Edit: i'll message [A]lex on steam next time i see him online to see if they can be added to the archive.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby synthetic » 31 Aug 2020, 22:22

Thanks \:D/

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 01 Sep 2020, 22:50

DarkSpartan191 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
DarkSpartan191 wrote:

Try contacting the admin of DXN archives through the contact link posted in here, http://deusexnetwork.com/knowledge-base. It's worth a shot
As for what to do if no one responds, should deffo get someone here the maps and get them to archive them through google drive. I can put them up on my google drive if you'd like

Probably Daedalus was who it contacted. Doubt it links to a valid email anymore

Kojak~Spifo wrote: You know amidst all the nonsense, Darko actually has a point.l The game was originally played with no more than 60 fps if that back in the old days. Nobody had renderers that could go to 100 fps back then it was a big deal to get 60 in 2002. So I think newer players just take high fps from other games for granted, but DX doesn't have a ways to properly compensate clientside vs serverside framerates and speed.

smell the glove
Dark191
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Dark191 » 02 Sep 2020, 13:18

RodNeySaLaMi wrote:
DarkSpartan191 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
DarkSpartan191 wrote:

Probably Daedalus was who it contacted. Doubt it links to a valid email anymore

Thought this was our only way of contacting Alex until Hey mentioned he had Alex added on steam.

Alexander
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: Looking for Drydock, Majestic + any popular maps - Postby Alexander » 03 Sep 2020, 09:31

Hi,

Yeah I'm on both Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/aleksio/) and Discord (AlexR), feel free to add/message me.

As for the upload page, I had to disable it because I moved the actual storage of the files away from the website itself.

I'll try to reinstate the upload form soon'ish, will have to rebuild some of the website, after which I will also upload these files.

Return to Deus Ex