Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

Happy new year DXMP [2021]


Author
Message
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated
User avatar

Posts: 5358
Joined:
 26 Oct 2005, 16:59
Location:
 Schland!
Nationality:
Germany


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 06 May 2021, 21:58


~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Never late and never early, a bigfoot arrives precisely when he means to :-D Great too see you too Noods! Thanks for keeping this place alive it's SOOO crazy to look at FGS servers still up and running with the maps I remember.. I absolutely must play again ffs! How are you doing?

I'm so relieved to see the uncontrollable traffic of new visitors from these past years haven't threatened my #3 top spammer status \:D/

How's DXMP activity been btw are there regular players? Any new ones?

Yeah I'm fine so far!
I'm still here and so am I preserving this place and still hosting the FGS servers. :matrix:
However, the reality is far more dismally than it looks at the first glance.. 8-[
The board activity actually went to almost zero over the past two years. The DX servers includung FGS are empty 95% of the time.
It's still possible to get into DXMP matches but in most cases that needs to be organized and doesn't happen spontaneously anymore.
Unually we're meeting, chatting and organizing within Discord servers these days. I'm not around in DXMP regularly anymore but every few weeks,though.

You see, things didn't become easier over the time but to follow Morpheus words from Matrix:
"...after a century of war I remember that which matters most: we are still HERE" :-D :assshaking:


Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B
User avatar

Posts: 54
Joined:
 08 Feb 2020, 11:52
Location:
 My House
Nationality:
Bangladesh


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby Dark191 » 08 May 2021, 00:54


~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Never late and never early, a bigfoot arrives precisely when he means to :-D Great too see you too Noods! Thanks for keeping this place alive it's SOOO crazy to look at FGS servers still up and running with the maps I remember.. I absolutely must play again ffs! How are you doing?

I'm so relieved to see the uncontrollable traffic of new visitors from these past years haven't threatened my #3 top spammer status \:D/

How's DXMP activity been btw are there regular players? Any new ones?

Yeah I'm fine so far!
I'm still here and so am I preserving this place and still hosting the FGS servers. :matrix:
However, the reality is far more dismally than it looks at the first glance.. 8-[
The board activity actually went to almost zero over the past two years. The DX servers includung FGS are empty 95% of the time.
It's still possible to get into DXMP matches but in most cases that needs to be organized and doesn't happen spontaneously anymore.
Unually we're meeting, chatting and organizing within Discord servers these days. I'm not around in DXMP regularly anymore but every few weeks,though.

You see, things didn't become easier over the time but to follow Morpheus words from Matrix:
"...after a century of war I remember that which matters most: we are still HERE" :-D :assshaking:


Man.. Stfu. DXMP has become more alive than before, unlike what you're saying right now. Dont you group my server in with your "The DX servers includung FGS are empty 95% of the time." comment. My server is actually not empty "95%" of the time See the ut99 gametracker widget under "DXMP Server:" in my sig? That's for the DXMP server i'm hosting. Click on the Gametracker widget and check the player graph. You'll see how much activity my server has gotten over the past month.

Image

The gametracker thingy's a bit buggy, so at times it'll just not log player activity, but i can tell you, there's been a lot of players on my server as of recently. People have indeed moved onto discord so activity on this board has reduced a bit. Games start spontaneously, mind you. I've been on discord many times, and i've seen games start up without even having to organize one. We do have to ping people to get more of them on tho, but even then, your claim of having to "organize" games gets thrown out of the window pretty quickly. We've moved to discord because of how convenient it is. DXMP used to have a pretty toxic playerbase before the fall of gamespy, but with it gone, nowadays, we just got players treating each other like family. Yes, the number of players may have gone down from before after gamespy died, but the community is still alive.

By the way, I like how you didn't reply to his question of if DXMP got new players. I'm such a new player. I'm from Bangladesh. We got quite a few old players returning to DXMP, so our total player count has increased a lot!


Last edited by Dark191 on 08 May 2021, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
Image
Image
DX coop (HX) server:
Image
Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B
User avatar

Posts: 54
Joined:
 08 Feb 2020, 11:52
Location:
 My House
Nationality:
Bangladesh


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby Dark191 » 08 May 2021, 01:11


Adding to my point above, as i write my replies, my server has 5 players on it ATM.

Image


<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
Image
Image
DX coop (HX) server:
Image
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated
User avatar

Posts: 5358
Joined:
 26 Oct 2005, 16:59
Location:
 Schland!
Nationality:
Germany


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 May 2021, 02:11


OH lol Darky sweetheart.. I feel like giving you some hugs now. 8-[

My summary was just my impression of the things but my impression doesn't claim to be the absolute reality of course.
Since you're much more active these days, your impression of the reality might be far more accurate than mine. :)
If players come together on your server these days then I'm happy about that of course!
These days, every DXMP activity is good, indepentently of the concrete server.

So Bigfoot, obviously there is more activity than my estimation was capable to comprehend. :matrix:


Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B
User avatar

Posts: 54
Joined:
 08 Feb 2020, 11:52
Location:
 My House
Nationality:
Bangladesh


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby Dark191 » 08 May 2021, 02:47


~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:OH lol Darky sweetheart.. I feel like giving you some hugs now. 8-[

My summary was just my impression of the things but my impression doesn't claim to be the absolute reality of course.
Since you're much more active these days, your impression of the reality might be far more accurate than mine. :)
If players come together on your server these days then I'm happy about that of course!
These days, every DXMP activity is good, indepentently of the concrete server.



I can see that, but if you tell people DXMP is dead when it's not, then it pisses me off. Like you see, it Used to be dead, but with people coming back on DXMP, can you really call it dead? Bro, my server did 4v4s couple of times, we even had 10 players on the server at one point. Calling it dead is simply misinformation.

And yea, Players coming on my server is a good thing. I believe a huge part of why FGS didn't take over after Kojaks died was because of the server location and the general location of most of the active DXMP playerbase nowadays. Back when Gamespy was more alive, i was told most DXMPers were Euros. Americans couldn't play properly on Euros unless they were Flaw or Ricci. As gamespy died and we all moved to master.deusexnetwork.com (333networks), most of the active playerbase became situated in the Americas and Britain. While my server is not as stable as Kojaks was before, it does fullfill the general need of the currently active DXMP community, being located near them.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:So Bigfoot, obviously there is more activity than my estimation was capable to comprehend. :matrix:


Jaja ye, btw good to see you checking out my server for the 2nd time lol, really it's an honor to see you come check out my smexy server :-D

Btw

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:OH lol Darky sweetheart.. I feel like giving you some hugs now.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
Image
Image
DX coop (HX) server:
Image
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~


Posts: 3629
Joined:
 04 Jun 2008, 12:21


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 17 May 2021, 20:30


Hahaha it's like a neutron bomb's been unleashed reminding me of the old days of tears and drama over the DXMP forums it's perfect

I appreciate all efforts to keep this game alive tbh it's so crazy a community could do that even after the master server got shut down! There used to be an app I think it was called DXSL (server lister) and it could keep track of all server activity in real time and run in the desktop. Is there something like that today? I think that was still based on the gamespy master server but maybe it could be modified to include new master servers?


Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B
User avatar

Posts: 54
Joined:
 08 Feb 2020, 11:52
Location:
 My House
Nationality:
Bangladesh


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby Dark191 » 18 May 2021, 07:56


~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Hahaha it's like a neutron bomb's been unleashed reminding me of the old days of tears and drama over the DXMP forums it's perfect

I appreciate all efforts to keep this game alive tbh it's so crazy a community could do that even after the master server got shut down! There used to be an app I think it was called DXSL (server lister) and it could keep track of all server activity in real time and run in the desktop. Is there something like that today? I think that was still based on the gamespy master server but maybe it could be modified to include new master servers?


We have 2 ways of seeing what servers are up. One is http://master.333networks.com/s/deusex, and another is via a discord bot that we have in the DXHQ discord server. Both work very well for seeing servers. But, for now... master.333networks.com shows the wrong flag for servers, but i can tell you, 333networks has mades fixes to their geoip software that they use to check the flag of servers. That is poised to release very soon. For now, i'd recommend that if you have a discord account, join us on https://discord.gg/JtnB6MCnQU (DXHQ discord, main hub for DX players) and then stay there, use the bot whenever needed. You will see some familiar faces in that discord, like reclaimer, duke, nobody, cozmo.


<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
Image
Image
DX coop (HX) server:
Image
RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C
User avatar

Posts: 231
Joined:
 20 Jan 2019, 12:34


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 19 May 2021, 21:12


Theres been semi regular games every week or so for the past year and a half.

Regulars are Duke, Dark, Canna Anax, Rompo, ChipSailor, myself, Phil, and a few others who pop in here and there like Leon and Price and some others


==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
Kaiden
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Posts: 466
Joined:
 22 Mar 2006, 22:00


Re: Happy new year DXMP [2021] - Postby Kaiden » 31 May 2021, 04:33


~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Hahaha it's like a neutron bomb's been unleashed reminding me of the old days of tears and drama over the DXMP forums it's perfect

I appreciate all efforts to keep this game alive tbh it's so crazy a community could do that even after the master server got shut down! There used to be an app I think it was called DXSL (server lister) and it could keep track of all server activity in real time and run in the desktop. Is there something like that today? I think that was still based on the gamespy master server but maybe it could be modified to include new master servers?


DXSL still works, I didn't trust the later released versions but you can press Settings and change the master server. There's a handful of the same players that join the remaining servers and are keeping it going from what I've seen, usually organised on the Discord group.
Attachments
DXSL.PNG


{E.D.H}{FPS}HDD21 wrote:I like ponies


<-(DD)->Darko wrote:HDD21 was brutally stronger than any of you


Return to Deus Ex

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests



cron