Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 25 Jan 2021, 22:33

Sev's renewal expires in March.

It's been a good year and a half of competantly hosted American hosted DXMP servers supported by mods & mutators on gametypes & settings that actually accomodate varied styles of gameplay & attracted many large games.

We also got a few new players into the game & several stuck around to learn the ropes & got the hang of augs in record time thanks to improvements of accessibility & community assistance with DX optimization.

Now, I'm not adverse to keeping the server around to save a few yanks the displeasure of Euro lag or the incompetence of the average American host like ZXC who load their servers with bunk maps & useless mods with long loadtimes that literally run for 100 minutes per map cuz maybe someone wants to RPG or some nonsense.

I'm very glad I finally got the opportunity to show you how its done, how to balance the game with a custom deathmatch that doesnt totally eliminate skill progression but doesnt make streakers unreasonably advantaged by doubling stats on you with 1 kill.

I may consider negotiating the possibility of taking over Sev's renewal if there is a way to preserve the settings and lower the price. This means I would also consider continuing to host in the event that players express an interest in still having these servers.

- KOJAK's Killery
- [JTB] 0 Aug Defmash
- [A!B] ATDM/BTDM on demand

Now I've had dopes like Valex and other salty pissrats complain and even try to sabotage matches out of spite of me and Cozmo cuz our large johnsons are in their moms boxes or something.

I also am aware that most of you generally despise me lol.
However, those who are pimpin in life enough to know the difference between chocolate and doo doo butter have an opportunity to preserve the magic fudge factories and even become administrators.

But it does require cash money. The more who offer any amount, the less would be required if it helps me cover the cost.

I been splitting the cost with Sev paying my share with $85 for the year. If anyone wants to come in with any amount to contribute this would go a long way in convincing me to renew.

Otherwise, altho its not a whole lotta money, it's still enough I'd rather keep if there is a lack of real interest. I'm not saying we gotta use the thing every week, I'm just saying if I'm not the only one throwing down paperstacks for a bunch of cornpopping buttdiving scatmacking crapbacks who dont even appreciate it I'd feel better about it.

Otherwise, it's been a pleasure enjoying one of the finest online multiplayer experiences on one of the best made classics of all time.

Keep it funky.

Love,

KOJAK

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Feb 2021, 00:02

Missing DXMP, would love to get involved in future with mapping and hosting. Downloaded DX from steam, but couldn't get it running on multiplayer. Waiting for a rainy day. Listening to the soundtracks on youtube brings back a lot of nostalgia and memories from single and multiplayer.

RodNeySaLaMi
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby RodNeySaLaMi » 04 Feb 2021, 00:24

Sup Rollo, it's Reclaimer.

You should dowbload the new multiplayer master server patch at dxalpha.com

Also heres some dxmp videos: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTBO ... 31bn9a_eOs

==================
Smell The Glove
==================

https://youtu.be/gw0TEAadKu0
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 09 Feb 2021, 22:54

Rec, maybe you need a banana sometimes but I'm uncertain if you're generally despised!
I've been thinking about the lifetime of the FGS servers too. From what I see they're almost always empty these days.
However, at the end I thought if I quit them, then there definitely won't be presence anymore.
But at the end it's your decision of course. In the worst case, the server list will be dominated by German servers MWWHAHAHAHA! :-D :matrix:

But joke apart, I'm more the modding guy running around with ROFLrockets and LOLlams and thus propably one of the last dudes that fit into your category of servers..
..but hell yeah I'd hand over that 60 or 70 Euros to you (no idea of the current exchange rate) for another year of reprieve.
I just don't have a clue how I could perform that. :bwahaha:

@Rollo:
Oh hi there and welcome back. We are still here!

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
PhillipJ
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby PhillipJ » 24 Feb 2021, 06:23

I also second that you're not despised. And fwiw you probably have the best server that I can ever remember playing on, good settings/movespeed, skill/augs balance etc, and not overloading it with mods

Totally agree with you here: "to balance the game with a custom deathmatch that doesnt totally eliminate skill progression but doesnt make streakers unreasonably advantaged"

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby synthetic » 06 Apr 2021, 19:36

Rec is a poop person and Ive hated his guts ever since I saw him peddling used medkits to make his living back in 2004.

The rumor that he may have indecently man handled a greasel, mistaking it for a chicken, is probably mostly baseless hearsay, although I wouldnt completely rule it out.

Dark191
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Nationality:
Bangladesh

Re: LAST DAYS OF KOJAK SERVER - Postby Dark191 » 26 Apr 2021, 16:50

He turned me into a newt!

<-(DD)->Darko wrote:Ouch ouch ouch ouch

DXMP Server:
DX coop (HX) server:

Return to Deus Ex