Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex ]

VOTE FOR WHICH WEAPONS FOR FGS SERVER!

Poll: "What weps would you have on server?"
Its fine, leave the weapons as they are, just add minigun, special rifle and sabot launcher
62%
Remove beretta
10%
remove pulse
No votes
remove autoshotgun
5%
remove another weapon/s - please say which and why
5%
remove beretta and pulse and autoshotgun
5%
remove pulse and autoshotgun
No votes
remove beretta and pulse
5%
Another option, please state...
No votes
Bring back gravity rifle u illegitimate child...
10%

Total votes : 21

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Apr 2008, 22:39

Pulse gun shooting is like shooting in flight sims, you have to predict the enemy trajectory, predict your trajectory and make the two meet... deflection shooting... it's not easy... the problem is with the maps not the wep.

Blade is one of the more interesting weps, to hold and to watch the projectiles...

And yes, the downside of tnag is that I miss superrocket...

This thread is interesting, I didn't expect most of these opinions...

Shock Rifle is a noob wep in some ways, one shot to head... and energy ball is very overpowered like pulse gun...

The altfire from Pulsegun well. i dont know can u kill with that? i never kill with that

The effective range is only a little more than DTS. Use it when you have them cornered and can fire a good 2-3 second burst at their chest...

well so far only beretta I am tempted to remove, but then there will be no pistol of any kind... except energy pistol...

Removing Shock Rifle would be a bit of a problem on Scoutznivez lol...

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 16 Apr 2008, 22:56

well so far only beretta I am tempted to remove, but then there will be no pistol of any kind... except energy pistol...

There are three pistol weps beretta, vclip and enforcer, will removing the beretta get rid of the enforcer?, I hope not.

Also can you explain how you take off/add weapons, is it a simple case of going into server properties and using the weapon selector mutator? because I couldn't work it out, I do know that the second small tnag mod (tnagmapconversion_829) is just for SP use.

I was hoping the tnag would come with a .ini file reading for configuration but sadly not.

Vaan
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

- Postby Vaan » 16 Apr 2008, 23:30

Majestic wrote:
Vaan wrote:i think the beretta should be removed.

Explain please.

my reasons are:
1. i dont think it fits in with the other si-fi type weapons
2. it is to accurate and does to much damage, it is almost imposible not to kill someone with it.

and because atleast half of my deaths on the server are from people the constantly use it. :-D

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

- Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 16 Apr 2008, 23:30

[quote="ShadowRunner"]Pulse gun shooting is like shooting in flight sims, you have to predict the enemy trajectory, predict your trajectory and make the two meet... deflection shooting... it's not easy... the problem is with the maps not the wep.

The effective range is only a little more than DTS. Use it when you have them cornered and can fire a good 2-3 second burst at their chest...

moving Shock Rifle would be a bit of a problem on Scoutznivez lol.../quote]

1.or try to predict where they are going to land and just press it once at the right time, 'cause a pulse gun doesn't fire one fi-ery blob at a time, no sir, it fires 5 thrusts in one time. so the pulse gun doesn't require as much aiming as it does timing. Whilst the beretta has little range it has a lot of damaging power and it actually is the same as the pulsegun but you don't have to click one time, you have to click 5 times. Hence, if you remove the beretta, you have to remove the pulse as well (but let's not take rash decisions as the crowd is choosing wether or not we keep them).
ah and all of a sudden i have a brilliant idea, maybe the secret after hitting your enemy while he is in midair is moving vertically in stead of horizontal... i will try this out as soon as this post is finished.

2. Another reason why it should stay!

3. Why not add a dts or something on Scoutknives? cause i remember a version of scoutknivez with low gravity, normal snipers and Combat Knivez. so why not add a melee weapon to the AltFire one?

so that is all i have to say.
Sinceerly yours,
Valgothy

ps.: i may have been high while typing this but pls take it seriously.

pps: Why did i never heard of BBCode before?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Apr 2008, 04:35

Hunter S Thompson and William Burroughs were high when they wrote it, I took them seriously...

OK Well, Scoutznivez belongs to our good friend Magus at RTK. I seem to remember it has combat knife and rifle in the original version. DTS would be interesting on that map, I don't know what Magus has planned...

Chinny - tnag comes with a readme.txt

I added Sabot, Minigun, Energy Pistol and SpecialAssaultRifle to Amtrack, just load tnag into the editor, place... done... I assume it works in MP, cos there are sabot and minigun and a/rifle on that ufo altfire map...

To be pedantic - beretta is actually a machine-pistol verging on SMG, enforcer I would class as a shotgun, it's similar to sawn-off, fires shells at a slow rate of fire, but deadly in altfire... and finally vrifle vacrifle aka noob rifle is I would say, a rifle...

Well I think of tactical mod, everyone loved it, but OICW is ridiculously imbalanced. Tar-21 has recoil and scope shake at long range, OICW fires 20mm and has no recoil, and also is steady as a rock at 5124 units range.

Beretta is really not a pistol, the rate of fire is like a SMG.

Ok well, let the debate and let the vote continue... we'll see what happens...

Return to Deus Ex