alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Mastakilla » 01 Jul 2010, 00:10

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 01 Jul 2010, 00:14

his voice is totally like yours!

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby synthetic » 01 Jul 2010, 17:16

I lasted 50 seconds then this massive yawn was about to bust my jaw.. does it get more interesting in the end or something?

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Mastakilla » 01 Jul 2010, 18:15

Well if your get to the part where the pothead speaks basically there's an interesting discussion going on.

Drinking is legal, yet alot of drunks cause alot of trouble, are agressive etc. Whereas potheads just sit in their own little dream bubble and usually harm no one. I don't know, I liked the song and it had a smart message going on, lol. That and the guy later on has the same hat as me.

<

SPAZ ROFELZ
MOMOMONSTERSPAM
MOMOMONSTERSPAM

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby SPAZ ROFELZ » 02 Jul 2010, 01:21

I used to smoke alot of pot, like biblical amounts. Woke up one day and haven't touched the metabolic end product for about 4 years. WTF?

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Jul 2010, 23:58

isnt it just a taxation argument, alcohol is good revenue for the government, hence advertising, sales, drink-driving deaths tolerated etc...

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Mastakilla » 03 Jul 2010, 00:20

ShadowRunner wrote:isnt it just a taxation argument, alcohol is good revenue for the government, hence advertising, sales, drink-driving deaths tolerated etc...

Yep thats the arguement, and yep alcohol is good revenue but also costs alot of money in terms of scraping the bloody pulps from the pavement.
The arguement is basically that weed should be legal, since alcohol is aswell, and alcohol is much more dangerous, not only for yourself but other's around you. Legalizing weed would also be good revenue for the government, and you'd be able to monitor who the weed is sold to (to the same extend you can monitor the sale of alcohol anyway...)

It works really good in Holland anyway, less kids get high aswell because it isn't as cool as when it would be illegal. Alot of people just try it once, do it too much, get sick as hell from it and never touch it again, haha

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby ~DJ~ » 03 Jul 2010, 00:54

boring

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Skilgannon » 03 Jul 2010, 16:13

Potheads every time. For reasons Masta already stated...

* Since when were you the one in control?
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Jima B » 10 Jul 2010, 01:10

Alcoholics FTW.
Potheads are homosexual.

*love* yeah.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Kuchcik » 10 Jul 2010, 01:24

Jima B wrote:Alcoholics FTW.
Potheads are homosexual.

*love* yeah.

I find the amount of failure in your post... disturbing.

Pot isn't as destructive as alcohol, and it's healthier, and it feels better :mofu:

Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Skilgannon » 10 Jul 2010, 13:40

Kuchcik wrote:
Potheads are homosexual.

*love* yeah.

Pot isn't as destructive as alcohol, and it's healthier, and it feels better :mofu:

+1

* Since when were you the one in control?
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Jima B » 19 Jul 2010, 14:59

Kuchcik wrote:
Potheads are homosexual.

*love* yeah.

I disagree.
I've known more people to feel the destructive effects of pot than alcohol. Many more. It leads to some strong mental health problems in the long run, also.
It can help, but so can alcohol. Both are abused, both are bad. Alcohol is much harder to controll.

As for the speculative and stereotypical side of things, people who smoke pot work less and lay about more. Beer drinkers hold down jobs and contribute massively to society, and pay their taxes and contribute to the healthcare system that fixes them when they break.

That said, I'm not against pot, but I will say one thing - nobody gets drunk from sitting in the same room as someone drinking beer. It's completely up to you weather you feel the effects of alcohol or not. Alcohol also saves lives and makes people better. It's one hell of a medicine.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Jul 2010, 17:06

Jima B wrote:
Kuchcik wrote:
Potheads are homosexual.

*love* yeah.

I disagree.
I've known more people to feel the destructive effects of pot than alcohol. Many more. It leads to some strong mental health problems in the long run, also.
It can help, but so can alcohol. Both are abused, both are bad. Alcohol is much harder to controll.

As for the speculative and stereotypical side of things, people who smoke pot work less and lay about more. Beer drinkers hold down jobs and contribute massively to society, and pay their taxes and contribute to the healthcare system that fixes them when they break.

That said, I'm not against pot, but I will say one thing - nobody gets drunk from sitting in the same room as someone drinking beer. It's completely up to you weather you feel the effects of alcohol or not. Alcohol also saves lives and makes people better. It's one hell of a medicine.

You're comparing someone who smokes weed everyday with a casual drinker though, that's not fair.
Someone who smokes pot in the weekend can be just as productive as someone who get hammered in the weekend.

"For twenty-five years, researchers have searched for a marijuana-induced amotivational syndrome and have failed to find it. People who are intoxicated constantly, regardless of the drug, are unlikely to be productive members of society. There is nothing about marijuana specifically that causes people to lose their drive and ambition. In laboratory studies, subjects given high doses of marijuana for several days or even several weeks exhibit no decrease in work motivation or productivity. Among working adults, marijuana users tend to earn higher wages than non-users. College students who use marijuana have the same grades as nonusers. Among high school students, heavy use is associated with school failure, but school failure usually comes first."

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: alcoholics versus potheads - Postby Jima B » 20 Jul 2010, 16:01

Well, that's how people do it. Also, people have searched for a lot of marajuana related effects and failed to find a link, but the evidence of mental disorders caused by marajuana still exists.
Even if it's not as dangerous as drinking beer; drinking is something you do to yourself and nobody around you. Nobody gets drunk from alcohol fumes.

Many people don't drink all day every day, especially not in comparison to the ammount of people who just casually drink alcohol.

Why the hell does it matter?
I drink lots and enjoy it, and don't hurt anyone.

Legal pot would be good, if it was properly restricted. The effects of second hand smoke are much more dangerous and immediate when tobacco is replaced with marajuana.
Although by the time all the restrictions and taxes came in to place it might be better if it'd just stayed illegal. >_<

Return to Spam